anyone had a free electric car charging point fitted?

free gov scheme you can get a fully fitted electric car power charging point fitted totally free, lots of companies offering this including British gas

16 Comments

Original Poster

m8t has had one done and was totally free, am thinking of getting one, not got an electric car now but maybe in the future.

could add value to your property too

You got any links Miles?
Edited by: "WoolyM" 7th Jul 2014

I mostly found stuff for Scotland.

There is this one
Edited by: "worto03" 7th Jul 2014

miles136

m8t has had one done and was totally free, am thinking of getting one, … m8t has had one done and was totally free, am thinking of getting one, not got an electric car now but maybe in the future.could add value to your property too

I thought this offer was over. The government were subsidising the costs. I hope I am wrong! I was looking to get a free one installed.

Might be one to install for future if it is free!

Looks like it might still be on;

British Gas link:

Linky

The Scottish one is a 32amp charging point - would that charge roughly twice as qucikly?

I hope that's not too stupid a question!

energysavingtrust
Edited by: "worto03" 7th Jul 2014

Well this looks like it can be taken advantage of...........to the Max! im in..

Original Poster

peeps they are free, you do not need a car to get one, I am going to have one fitted as may look at an electric car in future

this deal gives you an idea, just google for what is available in your area,

hotukdeals.com/fre…721

Don't get too excited, your taxes will be paying for this and other stupid green initiatives

Original Poster

tallpete33

Don't get too excited, your taxes will be paying for this and other … Don't get too excited, your taxes will be paying for this and other stupid green initiatives

if I am paying anyway I may as well have one lol

A bit pointless unless you have an electric car right now. The standard will be wireless charging when electric cars do become popular.

Banned

fps_d0minat0r

A bit pointless unless you have an electric car right now. The standard … A bit pointless unless you have an electric car right now. The standard will be wireless charging when electric cars do become popular.

[img]ei.marketwatch.com/Mul…jpg?uuid=26276ff8-9692-11e3-b7be-00212803fad6[/img]

fps_d0minat0r

A bit pointless unless you have an electric car right now. The standard … A bit pointless unless you have an electric car right now. The standard will be wireless charging when electric cars do become popular.

Yeah read about this a couple of weeks ago, seems that wireless charging is the future for it, also a new battery has been developed that can charge to 90%+ from flat in less than 5 minutes, nissan leaf currently takes 4 hours to charge 100%, this new battery will take 12 minutes.

battery tech is going to change a lot over the next 5-10 years so what ever you implement now will change.

New Battery Tech

Edited by: "haritori" 9th Jul 2014

miles136

m8t has had one done and was totally free, am thinking of getting one, … m8t has had one done and was totally free, am thinking of getting one, not got an electric car now but maybe in the future.could add value to your property too

Is 'totally' free more free than just 'free' ?

Original Poster

airfix

Is 'totally' free more free than just 'free' ?

yes

Compressed air petrol hybrids may be the future, no rare earth metals used, just bog standard engineering
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1928
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763847
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523413
    4. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1112

See more discussions