Anyone had a Samsung phone repaired under warranty?

Found 28th May
Hi all

Got a galaxy s7 from three UK that's still in its 24 months warranty period. The battery doesn't last too long and upon checking battery health apps on the phone it says capacity is only 76% out of 100. So it's lost a quarter almost in around 18 months. Seems a lot to me that.

Any way I was wondering if anyone with a similar issue with their phone had contacted samsung and if so what was the outcome? I also get the occasional freezing issue and the keyboard just seems to go off on one most of the time so might be other issues there I don't know.

Many thanks
Community Updates
14 Comments
Batteries are only warranted for 1 year. Other hardware is 2 years. I had a menu button replaced under warranty on my note 4 a couple of years ago and it was pretty straight forward. You would be hard pushed for them to replace the battery for free after 18 months though. You are probably better to highlight the other issues in the chance theybreplace the phone.
Original Poster
master106 m ago

Batteries are only warranted for 1 year. Other hardware is 2 years. I had …Batteries are only warranted for 1 year. Other hardware is 2 years. I had a menu button replaced under warranty on my note 4 a couple of years ago and it was pretty straight forward. You would be hard pushed for them to replace the battery for free after 18 months though. You are probably better to highlight the other issues in the chance theybreplace the phone.

Ok thanks the home button is iffy too sometimes it won't unlock looks like some of the material has come away. Would they repair the phone or give me a new one? Or maybe free upgrade? I don't know if they still make s7.
They may repair. I had experiences with samsung, they said since I didn't live near a samsung store, they will pick it up and send it to their engineers. But they used anovo at the time, and they were known for not repairing any fault, and damaging your phone. I got my phone back with some scratches and they said there was no issue. See this also.
However, I think they have changed from them recently. But its best to take it to your nearest samsung store, rather than sending it.
Battery warranty 12m; hardware warranty 24m. Shouldn't be an issue if hardware defect can be easily demonstrated. Agree / record physical appearance condition of handset before submitting to repair centre samsung.com/uk/…ty/
Are you using apps like Greenify and/or Package Disabler Pro?
Both apps can disable app from running in the background and save you battery power

If you don't use Samsung Cloud, I'd recommend disabling that. I gained an extra day of battery power, by disabling that app only.
Original Poster
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell1 h, 8 m ago

Are you using apps like Greenify and/or Package Disabler Pro?Both apps can …Are you using apps like Greenify and/or Package Disabler Pro?Both apps can disable app from running in the background and save you battery powerIf you don't use Samsung Cloud, I'd recommend disabling that. I gained an extra day of battery power, by disabling that app only.

I am using package disabler yeah. I'll check if cloud is disabled too. I know in general about tips on saving battery was more getting at the fact my battery capacity is now 76% of what it was when I bought jt and if that qualified for replacement. Thanks
Awful experience with my S3 they done their best to work out of a repair by saying it had damage to the charging port, it charged fine and was sent in for an unrelated issue. Anovo it was too who after reading so much about them at the time it’s a wonder if they ever fixed anything.

They still use them I think as well as doing actual repairs in store themselves. Try and get an appointment in their retail store.
Wasn't a big fan off my Vodafone / Samsung repair with my note 3, 4 years back. Dodgy camera 3 weeks in, sent it off they deleted all my data sent phone back too me after 12 days. Didn't fix the issue, so I tried again and was just a repeat. So just stuck with it.

But am curious how much a battery replacement job is for an S8. Am thinking of sticking with my S8 over upgrading next year.
kos1c7 m ago

Wasn't a big fan off my Vodafone / Samsung repair with my note 3, 4 years …Wasn't a big fan off my Vodafone / Samsung repair with my note 3, 4 years back. Dodgy camera 3 weeks in, sent it off they deleted all my data sent phone back too me after 12 days. Didn't fix the issue, so I tried again and was just a repeat. So just stuck with it. But am curious how much a battery replacement job is for an S8. Am thinking of sticking with my S8 over upgrading next year.

£50-£75 I believe through Samsung for a replacement battery. It's £40 through CPW though (Knowhow/Geek Squad).

I have used Samsung's repair service a few times and it's been great, handed my phone into the Samsung repair centre and it was fixed either same day or next day. Now the new service where they come to your doorstep and fix it within the hour has launched (with a specially equipped van), I'd give that a go as it will be even easier.
Edited by: "jamie015" 29th May
jamie0151 h, 48 m ago

£50-£75 I believe through Samsung for a replacement battery. It's £40 th …£50-£75 I believe through Samsung for a replacement battery. It's £40 through CPW though (Knowhow/Geek Squad).I have used Samsung's repair service a few times and it's been great, handed my phone into the Samsung repair centre and it was fixed either same day or next day. Now the new service where they come to your doorstep and fix it within the hour has launched (with a specially equipped van), I'd give that a go as it will be even easier.

Really? That's mega cheap. I was expecting £100+.

You able to find their page of information for this?
Edited by: "kos1c" 30th May
kos1c1 h, 23 m ago

Really? That's mega cheap. I was expecting £100+.You able to find their …Really? That's mega cheap. I was expecting £100+.You able to find their page of information for this?

teamknowhow.com/fix…one (CPW Currys repair service. £29.99 for a battery replacement)

samsungrepair.com/prices (Samsung Repair where they come to your door - £73.99)

My local Samsung Repair Centre charge £50 but I believe the price varies as they are franchised. Call your local branches up (can be located here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/)

Hope this helps!
jamie0156 h, 16 m ago

https://www.teamknowhow.com/fix-it/repair/phone (CPW Currys repair …https://www.teamknowhow.com/fix-it/repair/phone (CPW Currys repair service. £29.99 for a battery replacement)https://samsungrepair.com/prices#/ (Samsung Repair where they come to your door - £73.99)My local Samsung Repair Centre charge £50 but I believe the price varies as they are franchised. Call your local branches up (can be located here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/)Hope this helps!

Thank you for the information. I'm glad the prices are fairly decent. Does help me consider keeping my phone over an upgrade come next year.

I'm unsure if I trust cpw though
But £75 isn't bad on the high end as well.
Original Poster
Are those knowhow prices all in? £40 seems reasonable for an s7 battery replacement
bbfb1232 h, 58 m ago

Are those knowhow prices all in? £40 seems reasonable for an s7 battery …Are those knowhow prices all in? £40 seems reasonable for an s7 battery replacement

I believe so.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants