Groups

Anyone had an iphone unlocked by o2 know how long until the unlock takes effect?

I have a 2 year old iphone and now I've got a vodafone sim I asked o2 to unlock it, which they duly said they did two or three days ago (and charged £15, cheeky so-and-sos) but I'm having problems as itunes and my phone are saying that the vodafone sim is unsupported. I also tried with a tmobile one and got the same response.
    I was wondering if it can take a few days for the unlock to come into effect?
    And before you say 'ask them', I have emailed them just now, but wanting other peoples experience of o2 unlock please.

6 Comments

You will received a text message from O2 telling you it's been unlocked so until you have received that it's still locked. Not sure how they are taking right now but mine a year ago took about 14 days

Original Poster

lyzzys321

You will received a text message from O2 telling you it's been unlocked … You will received a text message from O2 telling you it's been unlocked so until you have received that it's still locked. Not sure how they are taking right now but mine a year ago took about 14 days

Thanks for that, I haven't had the text so guess I'll just have to wait - I'm a naturally impatient person and want it unlocked now

It only tool a couple of days for mine to be unlocked but it depends how busy they are!

Less than 24 hours for me

2 days for me, got mine unlocked within the past week

Generally all UK phones are network locked and if you wish to use another network provider’s SIM Card in your phone, you need to enter the Network Unlock Code (NUC) in your phone when is asks.
    Vodafone does not provide the NUC for iPhone that are on Vodafone contract until the contract minimum term is completed. I can provide you the NUC in the case of iPhone (box only) purchase. There is no charge for getting this unlocked.
    Please confirm if this is box only purchase along with the scanned copy of purchase receipt in Word format through email attachment.
    I’ll look forward to your reply.
    Kind regards

Just had this back from vodafone re unlock ip4 I take it that it means I need a reciept from an apple bought one ,mind you that would already be unlocked anybody got a vf ip4 receipt I can borrow
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions