Groups

Anyone had any experience with Google FRP

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with Googles FRP preventing them from using a device. Just sold a Huawei P9 on ebay, not really knowing anything about FRP, and apparently this buyer has been told it is irremovable by Vodafone. I have found guides on the web showing how to get rid of it, and I am willing to foolishly allow the buyer access to my gmail account briefly to remove it, but all they have done is open a return.

Is there a genuine way to remove it or is this website just a lie?

6 Comments

If you sell a phone with FRP enabled the the only way to login to provide the user name and password for the last Google account that was registered with the device. 

Original Poster

spencer24

If you sell a phone with FRP enabled the the only way to login to provide … If you sell a phone with FRP enabled the the only way to login to provide the user name and password for the last Google account that was registered with the device. 

I get that, but I didn't even know it was enabled, this sale was the first I had heard about the feature. I have contacted the seller willing to give my details in order to remove the FRP from the phone, but he is just declining my calls and such. This is the 2nd P9 I have sold (one mine, one was the mrs') and this is the only one I have had the issue with.

probably a con just to get phone and money back. you've got to love EBay.

Original Poster

drtongue

probably a con just to get phone and money back. you've got to love EBay.

Tell me about it. The buyer has finally got back to me, seems like he wants to sort this out. With any luck he will, and I'll run through it on the phone with him.

If he don't play ball tell him you have the imei number and if the money is refunded report it stolen.

Original Poster

drtongue

If he don't play ball tell him you have the imei number and if the money … If he don't play ball tell him you have the imei number and if the money is refunded report it stolen.

I certainly will, and I do have the IMEI logged, always what I do if I have to sell on ebay, phone wise anyways.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment66
      2. Iptv814
      3. How to cancel Virgin Media?812
      4. Mountain bike £200-£30033

See more discussions