Anyone had any issues with Amazon Prime lately?

Found 4th Oct 2012
I've placed 3 orders in the past week with Amazon and selected one day delivery each time. I got the dispatched emails with tracking numbers but the next day I find that the tracking has not updated overnight.

When contacting the couriers (Citylink & DPD) they informed me that Amazon had not even given the parcels to them. Amazon continue to blame the couriers.

Anyone else having issues?
Community Updates
40 Comments
I had a similiar problem when I took their 30 day amazon prime trial recently, needless to say because of this issue I cancelled at the end of the trial assuming this was how the service was all the time.
Original Poster
avfcniall

I had a similiar problem when I took their 30 day amazon prime trial … I had a similiar problem when I took their 30 day amazon prime trial recently, needless to say because of this issue I cancelled at the end of the trial assuming this was how the service was all the time.

I'm on a prime trial too at the moment. I'm shocked at the lack of care that Amazon is showing too.
never had a problem with amazon prime myself, always excellent service
Used Prime twice this week already, one order came Parcelforce 24 at 2pm next day and the other came with my standard RM delivery yesterday. No issues to report.
Never had any issues until they used city Link or yodel
I never have issues until they use royal mail
placed 2 orders, and both have had the prime guaranteeed date changed

£49 and broken promises.. why state it when you cant fulfill.
I have just signed up for free trial ordered 5 things over the last week everything (so far) has turned up next day no problems
I have had some major issue with this lately. Ordered some trainers and a camera lens a few weeks back. I ordered these items a week in advance of leaving, signed up to prime. Daily emails saying they will be here next day, trainers finally turned up after 3 days, lens turned up on the day I went away. On the phone to them daily about it, just didn't seem interested. They offered to extend my prime free. Told them to stick the Amazon Second Rate Service.

Came back from holiday and emailed Christopher North (cnorth@amazon.com), Amazon UK MD. Got a response from Executive Customer Relations basically apologising. They have cancelled my prime (thank god) and just want to collect the items. Am replying to Chris North again regarding this shocking customer service.
According to their policy if your order doesn't arrive by the guaranteed time, you eligible for compensation. (_;)

amazon.co.uk/gp/…420

Edited by: "kindareal" 4th Oct 2012
Yep, I am having problem with Amazon Prime at the moment, only when they use Royal Mail to deliver stuff.
Banned
Parcel sent to wrong depot by CityLink. So delivered 2 days late.

Amazon gave me a one month prime extension.
Original Poster
jellybaby22

3 orders in the past week have turned up 2 days later than they … 3 orders in the past week have turned up 2 days later than they should...couriers blame amazon..amazon blame the couriers....they gave me a £10 gift voucher on my account..so worth complaining.

E-mail from Amazon (UK)

...I've checked your order and can see that the items should have been … ...I've checked your order and can see that the items should have been delivered to you on October 16, 2012.I'd like to apologise for this and to help make up for the inconvenience, I'm extending your Amazon Prime membership by 1 month...

I wonder how many free months you could get before they decide enough is enough and they actually sort out the recent issues. X)
Edited by: "Biddy2" 19th Oct 2012
Original Poster
fanpages

Another order made yesterday via Amazon Prime.It was despatched before … Another order made yesterday via Amazon Prime.It was despatched before 2pm yesterday & has failed to arrive today (by an "untracked method" of delivery).I have asked Amazon (UK) Customer Services for an explanation via "Contact Us".

In my experience, it's a waste of time using the contact us link. The telephone/email/live chat reps all stick to the scripts handed by Amazon Executives.

If you really want to get anywhere then I recommend using resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk . That goes to their "Executive Customer Relations". They are the ones who actually read your emails and don't reply with the same old scripted nonsense. It takes 2-3 days for a reply, but it is usually more helpful. I actually received a phonecall from them the last time I emailed them.
Original Poster
fanpages

...Porcel Farce have just delivered my order!

Haha X)

Oh, well. You got your order and an extra month of prime. That's a hot deal in itself!
Edited by: "Biddy2" 23rd Oct 2012
Joined prime in August,a few pre-order games failed to arrive on day of release,more recently black ops 2,until recently 100 % of all my prime orders came via royal mail special delivery which was great as it came before 1pm, however last 3 orders have now arrived by HDN and not royal mail and so have come at various times during the day which is not as good as the before 1pm service used before.Hope they are not ditching royal mail.
Original Poster
fanpages

I have been an Amazon Prime member since May this year.Nothing has been … I have been an Amazon Prime member since May this year.Nothing has been delivered by Special Delivery.They have all been standard Royal Mail, Yodel, or DPD (UK).I cannot fault the DPD service.

DPD are fantastic and Yodel are good in my area. When an item doesn't arrive via Royal Mail though, it is down to Amazon sending it first class with zero tracking, despite me selecting one day/expedited delivery.

Really annoys me as they think by writing "Prime" on the packages, I'll be fooled into thinking it wasn't first class!

Just hope they don't naff up my WiiU next week.
Original Poster
Well, surprise, surprise! Another Expedited item sent last Saturday by Amazon (they still sent it 1st Class) has failed to arrive!

So Expedited = Royal Mail 1st Class and despite it being a release day delivery item, what they mean is you won't get it for release.

Have fired off another Email to their "Executive" Customer Relations. Getting mightily fed up with this now.
DPD is probably the best courier around. Predetermined time slots with an hour window and text message/email notifications is impressive.

If other companies could take note and do this then we would have a much more enjoyable online shopping experience.
One of my Black Friday deals, which should have arrived today, is now languishing in Milton Keynes having been sent to that depot in error. All that Amazon tracking is saying is "may be delayed". In fact, they checked three times during the early hours of this morning and still came to the same conclusion: "May be delayed".

Not so prime, then.
I am finding a lot more items suddenly seem to be "not eligable for prime" despite being in stock
I get varied service depending on the carrier. DPD - excellent. HDNL - varies depending on driver (had a book delivered and left in 'secure porch' which is not secure (i don't even have a porch). Royal Mail - mostly useless, throw of the dice as to whether it'll turn up at all, let alone when.

All things taken into consideration, it's a better service than any other company - I've ordered some DVDs recently and you get no indication of when it'll come at all, except 'within 3-5 working days', which is pants.
Terrible service this week...still waiting on my Hitman Absolution which was supposedly posted Friday yet received my ET blu ray which was posted Sat!
Still no game after ordering on Friday. Contacted customer services and they have extended my trial by a month and will also refund me if I don't receive game by tomorrow.
Edited by: "Kev`" 27th Nov 2012
they have been very bad lately, 5 out of the last 10 items i ordered using prime have been late, one by 6 days
Last order using prime was sent via royal mail 1st class! Ordered on Sunday and got in on Saturday.
Update to my order woes: Amazon was meant to have delivered my order yesterday. The tracking shows that a delivery was attempted at a time when someone was in the house. No one came nor left a card. I chatted with Amazon who promised to try to deliver. This morning a credit was issued: Reason "order undeliverable".

Basically, although I was one of the first to order, Amazon ran out of items and concocted a cock and bull story in the order history.

Not impressed.
spraint

Update to my order woes: Amazon was meant to have delivered my order … Update to my order woes: Amazon was meant to have delivered my order yesterday. The tracking shows that a delivery was attempted at a time when someone was in the house. No one came nor left a card. I chatted with Amazon who promised to try to deliver. This morning a credit was issued: Reason "order undeliverable".Basically, although I was one of the first to order, Amazon ran out of items and concocted a cock and bull story in the order history. Not impressed.

If you mention the item & the time you placed your order, we may be able to find some members that bought the same item (perhaps even after you) to either prove or disprove your theory.
fanpages

"Amazon Prime - Outrageous customer service"[ … "Amazon Prime - Outrageous customer service"[ http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/deals/ref=cm_cd_et_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1DEIHNWYF5SA9&cdPage=3&cdThread=TxOHC9RGFCZ9ER#CustomerDiscussionsNew ]I am finding that, as mentioned by some customers in the thread above, that larger &/or more expensive items I order are sent by Courier, but items below a certain value are sent by standard ("untracked") Royal Mail (& subsequently do not arrive within the specified "next day" period). Some items do not arrive for up to three days.

This. The goods dispatched with 1st class Royal Mail often takes 2 - 3 days to arrive on Amazon Prime. Excepting delivery difficulties / poor weather / heavy traffic etc HDNL, DPD, Citylink and Parcelforce have always performed excellently for next day delivery in my experience.
Having major issues with an item I ordered last week. It was supposed to arrive Sat, so waited in all day and nothing. It then got marked as delivered through tracking when it clearly wasn't delivered. Five emails back and forward and Amazon have decided it was 'lost in delivery'. They have no idea where it is! They are going to provide a refund but that doesn't really help since the item has now went back up in price so if I re order it will be more expensive. I'm not happy and Amazon have been pretty dismissive.
Wadjet

Having major issues with an item I ordered last week. It was supposed to … Having major issues with an item I ordered last week. It was supposed to arrive Sat, so waited in all day and nothing. It then got marked as delivered through tracking when it clearly wasn't delivered. Five emails back and forward and Amazon have decided it was 'lost in delivery'. They have no idea where it is! They are going to provide a refund but that doesn't really help since the item has now went back up in price so if I re order it will be more expensive. I'm not happy and Amazon have been pretty dismissive.

If you make it clear you want a replacement dispatched and not a refund they will certainly send one out. As far as I am aware that is their standard policy with lost deliveries. I don't know what was said in this case but now you have "settled" for the refund it might be tricky to backtrack for a replacement.
Wadjet

Having major issues with an item I ordered last week. It was supposed to … Having major issues with an item I ordered last week. It was supposed to arrive Sat, so waited in all day and nothing. It then got marked as delivered through tracking when it clearly wasn't delivered. Five emails back and forward and Amazon have decided it was 'lost in delivery'. They have no idea where it is! They are going to provide a refund but that doesn't really help since the item has now went back up in price so if I re order it will be more expensive. I'm not happy and Amazon have been pretty dismissive.

Why did you accept a refund instead of a replacement?
deek72

Why did you accept a refund instead of a replacement?

Because Amazon are still convinced that the original product will show up delivered to us eventually - they just don't know when (or where it is) because they can't get a reply from Yodel. They are saying to contact them if/when it arrives and they will either re charge my account or they are going to send a label for us to post it back.
my dexter boxset with yesterday as date of delivery under amazon prime is still nowhere to be seen!
I've just started a trial with Prime and my first 5 orders arrived today on time with no problems at all.
Original Poster
natversion1

I've just started a trial with Prime and my first 5 orders arrived today … I've just started a trial with Prime and my first 5 orders arrived today on time with no problems at all.

That's how it starts. You take up a trial. Get good service. Then near the end (if you're lucky) or when you sign up, the service takes a nose dive.
biddilybah

That's how it starts. You take up a trial. Get good service. Then near … That's how it starts. You take up a trial. Get good service. Then near the end (if you're lucky) or when you sign up, the service takes a nose dive.

Yeah the cynical side of me has thought of this, to be honest I've set it to not renew automatically and probably don't buy enough stuff over the year to justify it. However for the Xmas/Black Friday deals period it's been pretty awesome.
fanpages

If you mention the item & the time you placed your order, we may be able … If you mention the item & the time you placed your order, we may be able to find some members that bought the same item (perhaps even after you) to either prove or disprove your theory.

No need. Amazon has doctored the tracking history and removed all reference to the so-called "delivery". It has also changed the name of the depot to where my order was "sent" in error causing the delay on Monday. So transparent. Should have taken screenshots, but I thought Amazon was above this sort of thing, to be honest.

My order was for a pair of shoes discounted during Black Friday. I noticed yesterday that they were still on sale at a couple of pounds more than the heavily discounted BF price, but only in two sizes other than the one I ordered. Amazon clearly had run out of shoes in my size.

Why couldn't Amazon just own up to the cock-up? I don't particularly care if an error is made in ordering if the supplier owns up to it. Stuff happens. I do, however, care if the supplier plays games and I waste my and others' time sitting waiting for a delivery that was never going to materialise. That is treating the customer with contempt.
Iam having issues with amazon prime, no warning they just took 79.00 out of my account they are very quick at doing that.
ernieb

Iam having issues with amazon prime, no warning they just took 79.00 out … Iam having issues with amazon prime, no warning they just took 79.00 out of my account they are very quick at doing that.

This thread is 2 years old, plus I'm sure you probably didn't read the therms properly or if it was a mistake they'll rectify the issue for you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants