Anyone had experience of purchasing an EU Version of a mobile?

Posted 25th Apr
I was looking at the 'Xiaomi Mi Note 10' mobile for my wife and while searching, one sales site - techinthebasket.com - is offering EU version of said phone and this about £50 cheaper than a similar phone on Amazon.

Has anyone bought an EU version phone and if so what has been your experience - do they work or did you have any problems? I'm assuming they're unlocked also - is that true?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Sorry, the EU version can be used only by the buyers who agree to have as ringtone Beethoven's Ninth Symphony
No problem; eventually the charger is not UK format (not so important either).
Edited by: "TobyZ" 25th Apr
TobyZ25/04/2020 16:42

Sorry, the EU version can be used only by the buyers who agree to have as …Sorry, the EU version can be used only by the buyers who agree to have as ringtone Beethoven's Ninth Symphony :DNo problem; eventually the charger is not UK format (not so important either).

lol
TobyZ25/04/2020 16:42

Sorry, the EU version can be used only by the buyers who agree to have as …Sorry, the EU version can be used only by the buyers who agree to have as ringtone Beethoven's Ninth Symphony :DNo problem; eventually the charger is not UK format (not so important either).

thanks
You can also check for frequencies here: frequencycheck.com/
Nothing says it's been fully updated.
Xiaomi only have China, Global or EU (eea) software so it will be fine.
Just be aware that website is a Hong Kong based site similar to eglobalcentral or gearbest, you may be lucky and it ships from a European warehouse but most ship from China and take a few weeks.
Warranty is iffy as well as you would likely to have to pay yourself to ship it back to China.

There are risks in buying these phones cheaper from China but the price reflects this. Lots of people, myself included buy phones from China with no issues though.

Be sure to check the network bands you want are on the phone though. some less honest Chinashops flash a global or eea ROM on a Chinese handset and sell it as an eea model as it's cheaper. These handsets are usually missing 4G Band 20 (800Mhz), this means networks that use those bands (O2 and Three iirc) will only have access to some cell masts.
Edited by: "Uridium" 25th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions