Anyone had issues with Carphone Warehouse repairs 'Geek Squad'?

Found 17th Feb 2017
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues before with CPW repairs. I sent my phone off due to a battery fault (it'd die really quickly once below 20% but then show up as 20% when you plugged it in). I sent it off with them and they claimed to have reinstalled the firmware and checked it and everything was ok.

Went to collect, and theres a faint black 'smudge' in a line down the centre of the screen. Its quite hard to see unless its on a white background with low ambient light. I believe it looks like a screen burn, maybe from when loading new firmware? Anyway, long story short, the store put up a fight (even though some of the staff could see it) saying theres nothing there etc. Reluctantly theyve sent it off for repair again, what are my chances of them actually admitting they 'damaged' it whilst they were repairing it? I noticed it within 10 mins of receiving the phone so its pretty obvious it wasnt there before hand.
Community Updates
7 Comments
I took my Galaxy S6 in to have it's battery repaired (twice), first time the repairs had no effect, but it was done in a few hours. On the second occasion not only did they not repair it, but they also managed to lose my phone for 4 full weeks, I eventually got it back..... and then sold it. Terrible company.
They're awful
Edited by: "jimbo001" 17th Feb 2017
Personally I always use the manufacturer directly. Never had a problem with Sony repairs :-) after the last fiasco with the "geek squad" they dropped and cracked the screen on my old s4, took far to long to sort it out.
talset

Personally I always use the manufacturer directly. Never had a problem … Personally I always use the manufacturer directly. Never had a problem with Sony repairs :-) after the last fiasco with the "geek squad" they dropped and cracked the screen on my old s4, took far to long to sort it out.

​yeah should have gone direct to Samsung tbh but the closest store to me is in the centre of Chester which is a pain to get to. looks like i'm in a similar situation whereby they have caused damage during their 'repair' and dont seem to want to admit it. how was it resolved in the end?
My first repair was in the official Samsung Store in Newcastle. I only found out that it's manned by "Geek Squad" staff afterwards..... it says so on the invoice and receipt. Past of the reason I've moved away from Samsung.
Update, i emailed the MD (Jeremy Fennell) due to them cocking about sending me to different stores for no reason. I dont usually go straight to the management staff but seeing as the branch manager didnt care, seemed to be the only way to guarentee results. Long story short, his team authorised a replacement phone due to the issues, happy days.
Would never happen at my local store staff are always helpful.I suppose that's what you get in big cities.My s7 edge had a line down the screen and it was replaced within 2 weeks with a new one same goes for my partners iphone 6s with the batyery fault.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants