Anyone had laser eye surgery done?

Posted 19th Nov
Looking on getting laser eye surgery done, was wondering what sort of prices people have been paying? I’m currently a student
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
I had Lasik laser surgery done a few months ago with Optical Express, and admittedly I paid a pretty penny for it - I chose their most 'advanced technology' called iLasik Design, which is supposed to be 20x more accurate (+-0.01) than regular Lasik (+-0.25).

That, coupled with bad eye sight, totalled to £4600!! But... I have no regrets, I got near enough perfect vision the next morning, and few weeks later my eyes were (and still are) better than 20/20.

There are nice financing options, if you can afford to do it here I would recommend it, mostly because you get to recover in the comfort of your own home/somewhere you're familiar in. You could go somewhere like Turkey and get the same results, and often people choose to do this, but there's always a worry of how easy the recovery will be when you're away from home - I can't comment on this.

Hope this helps, if you're in no rush I'd advise to wear glasses for another year or two, where by then you may have a job post graduation to help save for a deposit and afford the monthly payments
You’ve not told us what condition needs treating?
My brother has had in the past 7 years now and since he said his eyes have gone worst. He has regular check ups.
I spose everyone is different
My brother in law had his done a few years and cost about £3,000. Back wearing glasses again now
The big item that they forget to mention CLEARLY; your eyes will deteriorate just as they would have if you had worn glasses. It’s a temporary fix. Typical relief is the ‘easy payment’ duration.

thats not to say it doesn’t work. It works brilliantly. It gets repeat custom (although there is someevidence of brittleness following repeated uses).

Hook ‘em and reel ‘em in boys!
Had my eyes lasered in 2007 when it was quite new. Still dont need to wear glasses as of today, although admittedly probably will need glasses again in a couple of years. I paid £2500, but well worth it IMO!
hubby is thinking of getting this done and he got some quotes of £1,600 per eye. my cousin had it done but she still needs to wear glasses although less stronger glasses.

it doesn't seem to work completely for everyone where you don't need to wear glasses again? hubby was advised to get at least 3 quotes as a colleague told him that he had gone to one who said they can do it, but at another they said it was too dangerous to do it for him.
You all keep referring to this and that, but we’ve no idea what eye condition requires the laser treatment. There’s a number of laser types that have different uses and applicable costs.
Wife had her lenses removed and iol carl zeiss lenses fitted.

She originally went for laser surgery but they refused as she had signs of cataracts, she was apparently born with them but this was the first she knew. . She carried on with glasses for another 10 years before having the lenses replaced, which cured both poor site and cataracts.

Went from a strong prescription to no glasses at all.
joeydeacon19/11/2019 17:28

You all keep referring to this and that, but we’ve no idea what eye c …You all keep referring to this and that, but we’ve no idea what eye condition requires the laser treatment. There’s a number of laser types that have different uses and applicable costs.

0.25 both eyes
deals83820/11/2019 01:46

0.25 both eyes

Hardly worth it then unless you have money to burn
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants