Anyone had problems checking in online with Thomson Airlines?

Found 15th Jul 2016
Flying out on Sunday, trying to check in online but get message to go to "drop off" desk..... is this the norm with Thomson Airlines, never flew with them before. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Many thanks in advance!
Community Updates
AskMovie & Series
19 Comments
Are you flying to Turkey or was your tour operator lowcostholidays?
Online check in opens 7 days before the flight. And I do remember reading that they only allow eg 75% folk to check in online and the rest it comes up the 'drop off' message. Why did you not check in earlier?
cecilmcroberts

Are you flying to Turkey or was your tour operator lowcostholidays?

No, we are flying from Belfast to Tenerife and I booked online with Thomson Airlines!
ellie27

Online check in opens 7 days before the flight. And I do remember … Online check in opens 7 days before the flight. And I do remember reading that they only allow eg 75% folk to check in online and the rest it comes up the 'drop off' message. Why did you not check in earlier?

I know, we got it wrong, normally check in opens 48/24 hours beforehand... never flown with Thomson Airlines and didn't know nor did I completely read their confirmation email when we booked. A lesson learnt! Thanks for your reply!
We shall just have to get to the airport earlier to try and get two seats together - no drama though if not!
I went on holiday in June and was unable to check in online, it just kept telling me to ring some service centre.
mousey

I know, we got it wrong, normally check in opens 48/24 hours … I know, we got it wrong, normally check in opens 48/24 hours beforehand... never flown with Thomson Airlines and didn't know nor did I completely read their confirmation email when we booked. A lesson learnt! Thanks for your reply!We shall just have to get to the airport earlier to try and get two seats together - no drama though if not!

My friend is possibly on that same flight on Sunday. Been in contact with him all night as his holiday was booked through Lowcostholidays which just went bankrupt this evening. His flight is ok but been trying to get him accommodation. Anyhow, he checked in last week and was given the same message. He said he flew with them earlier this year also from BFS to Tenerife and said the online check in was more or less useless as they issued you the boarding card from the desk rather than being able to print it off yourself.

Hopefully this puts you mind to ease and enjoy your holiday!
cecilmcroberts

My friend is possibly on that same flight on Sunday. Been in contact with … My friend is possibly on that same flight on Sunday. Been in contact with him all night as his holiday was booked through Lowcostholidays which just went bankrupt this evening. His flight is ok but been trying to get him accommodation. Anyhow, he checked in last week and was given the same message. He said he flew with them earlier this year also from BFS to Tenerife and said the online check in was more or less useless as they issued you the boarding card from the desk rather than being able to print it off yourself. Hopefully this puts you mind to ease and enjoy your holiday!

Thanks so much for this, was curious to find out if this was normal, apparently after reading all posts it is, that's fine, it's just so handy to check in online and turn up at airport and go straight through security - we travel with hand luggage. Hope your friend gets accommodation - I have a little knowledge of Tenerife around Adeje area so if I can be of any help, please ask! Thanks
I flew with them last month and the online check in can be a nightmare . Sooner pull my own teeth out .
mousey

Thanks so much for this, was curious to find out if this was normal, … Thanks so much for this, was curious to find out if this was normal, apparently after reading all posts it is, that's fine, it's just so handy to check in online and turn up at airport and go straight through security - we travel with hand luggage. Hope your friend gets accommodation - I have a little knowledge of Tenerife around Adeje area so if I can be of any help, please ask! Thanks

Your welcome. Last communication is he has to wait until Saturday for the hotel to confirm if they already been paid or not. If not they said he can keep the booking but must pay again, his CC has said they will cover it. It's complicated to start with as his parents booked on afterwards, his mother was told two weeks ago she couldn't fly, was told yesterday she could (health issue) and other family members from Scotland and England had also booked to join in the middle of next week again with same operator!
cecilmcroberts

Your welcome. Last communication is he has to wait until Saturday for the … Your welcome. Last communication is he has to wait until Saturday for the hotel to confirm if they already been paid or not. If not they said he can keep the booking but must pay again, his CC has said they will cover it. It's complicated to start with as his parents booked on afterwards, his mother was told two weeks ago she couldn't fly, was told yesterday she could (health issue) and other family members from Scotland and England had also booked to join in the middle of next week again with same operator!

My goodness, I think they all deserve a holiday, hope all works out well for them!
We went to Greece in June and were unable to check in online. Airport check in is ok and free.
mousey

Thanks so much for this, was curious to find out if this was normal, … Thanks so much for this, was curious to find out if this was normal, apparently after reading all posts it is, that's fine, it's just so handy to check in online and turn up at airport and go straight through security - we travel with hand luggage. Hope your friend gets accommodation - I have a little knowledge of Tenerife around Adeje area so if I can be of any help, please ask! Thanks

Hand luggage only? Bear in mind it is a 7kg limit and they generally are very strict

I would never go thomson again. Awful online system, smallest seat sizes and ridiculous luggage limits. Thomas cook are just as bad.
We have used Thomson twice in last 3 months, first time was a package holiday and then second time was flights only. Both times was able to check-in online and get 4 seats together at the 7 days before departure. No problems online. Was 1.5kg overweight (the bag, that is!) and they didnt mention it.

Hope all goes well.
mousey

My goodness, I think they all deserve a holiday, hope all works out well … My goodness, I think they all deserve a holiday, hope all works out well for them!

They all have to pay for the hotel again when they arrive but the hotel is keeping the bookings for them all thankfully. Also lucky they all booked using credit cards the the CC company will pay back they have said already. So if you see some nervous people in the Fed&Watered Bar before you fly you will know why lol.
flew with Thomson the other week and had no problems checking in online, maybe it is just your airport? Anyhoo, have a lovely holiday
cecilmcroberts

They all have to pay for the hotel again when they arrive but the hotel … They all have to pay for the hotel again when they arrive but the hotel is keeping the bookings for them all thankfully. Also lucky they all booked using credit cards the the CC company will pay back they have said already. So if you see some nervous people in the Fed&Watered Bar before you fly you will know why lol.

Great news they are all sorted...shall look out for them!
joesmum

flew with Thomson the other week and had no problems checking in online, … flew with Thomson the other week and had no problems checking in online, maybe it is just your airport? Anyhoo, have a lovely holiday

Thanks for that! Normally we do pre-book a seat but on this occasion did not, lesson learnt!
I tried to check in right on the 7days prior to our flight (early in the day) hoping to be first in but was not able to check. I felt it must have been blocked to everyone i.e. a con !
interestingly I tried to check in online the 7 days before and still can't (now 6 days). However, another relative of mine booked their ticket on the same flight completely separately and was able to check in today although now it is 6 days before but I couldn't check in 7 days before - so percentage limit can't be a factor? Still saves on printer ink
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants