Expired

Anyone had problems with DFS

Found 27th Dec 2013
I am just about to purchase some leather sofas from DFS. I have gone back and read some previous threads but these date back a year ago roughly and I just wanted to know wether I should look elsewhere. Thanks.
Community Updates
AskMovie & Series
16 Comments
wouldnt touch dfs with a barge pole avoid at all costs
alisonmore1

wouldnt touch dfs with a barge pole avoid at all costs

Thank you for reply. Can you say why? We bought our last sofas from another big company and wouldn't use them again as the sofas were rubbish.
we used dfs years ago then replaced our suite(gave away the dfs one) with another company, we have now returned to dfs and purchased again as the leather was excellent quality. Our old suite is still being used by the other family
mrsgm71

Thank you for reply. Can you say why? We bought our last sofas from … Thank you for reply. Can you say why? We bought our last sofas from another big company and wouldn't use them again as the sofas were rubbish.

bought 2 sofas 4 years ago and they are done , looking in sales to replace them , hoped to get more than 4 years from a sofa , stitching coming away , base of seats gone large dips in cushion , leather worn away , looks like a 20 year old sofa thats had heavy use , but theres only me and a 14 year old in house husband works away , poor quality , cheaply made, sofas are wrecked after 4 years , my mothers sofa 15 years old and in better condition than mine , avoid
My last suite was from land of leather and I loved it,very comfy. Lasted 8 years easy and prob would have lasted longer but we really needed a different set up.

Bought a set from dfs,still being sold on their site but with a different name. I honestly thought it wouldn't last long however after 2 years it still looks like new,not a mark or scuff on it.

To be honest its a bit low for me but it has done its job so far. My husband doesn't think its very comfy lol. I think its fine,

Never had any problems with dfs,ordered it,had it delivered in a few weeks and no problems since.
I've had my DFS corner unit for 8 years, it's well made, solid, doesn't creak, all the cushions are still firm and so is the base. It was on 4 years interest free credit (when isn't it!) and still looks great. It was quite a lot of money at the time I thought - around £1500 but the longer it lasts the cheaper it gets!
Mine is leather with fabric cushions.
rose_cat_jr

I've had my DFS corner unit for 8 years, it's well made, solid, doesn't … I've had my DFS corner unit for 8 years, it's well made, solid, doesn't creak, all the cushions are still firm and so is the base. It was on 4 years interest free credit (when isn't it!) and still looks great. It was quite a lot of money at the time I thought - around £1500 but the longer it lasts the cheaper it gets! Mine is leather with fabric cushions.

Thanks for reply.
alisonmore1

bought 2 sofas 4 years ago and they are done , looking in sales to … bought 2 sofas 4 years ago and they are done , looking in sales to replace them , hoped to get more than 4 years from a sofa , stitching coming away , base of seats gone large dips in cushion , leather worn away , looks like a 20 year old sofa thats had heavy use , but theres only me and a 14 year old in house husband works away , poor quality , cheaply made, sofas are wrecked after 4 years , my mothers sofa 15 years old and in better condition than mine , avoid

It sounds exactly the same as the sofa we bought from Furniture Village, roughly the same time frame. We paid a grand for two leather sofas and want to avoid this again. Thanks for your time.
mrsgm71

It sounds exactly the same as the sofa we bought from Furniture Village, … It sounds exactly the same as the sofa we bought from Furniture Village, roughly the same time frame. We paid a grand for two leather sofas and want to avoid this again. Thanks for your time.

we bought 3 corner sofas for a grand each and they are wrecked after 4 years will never go to dfs again
Just look at Watchdog over the last x years... Seriously though, I got a couple of 2 seater La-z-boy recliner leather sofas (without the gadgets and gizmos) about 8 years ago, they still look and feel as good as the day I bought them. I thought they were a little expensive at the time at about £800 each, but looking at the stupid prices of some of the tat that the chains sell, I'm glad I went with them.
I would also say consider a recliner even if you may not use it much as they tend to be metal framed rather than wood and therefore longer lasting.
We've had our sofas from dfs for nearly 6 years now and we've had no problems. They are a 3 seater and 2 seater brown leather and they look as new, minus the 'favourite seat' on one of the sofas which has sunk ever so slightly. Dfs were brilliant when we bought them too, offering to deliver a temporary sofa whilst ours arrived as I was pregnant at the time and just moved house too. Couldn't do enough for us and I would definitely use them again.
We bought about ten years ago and were happy, have recently been looking again and I have to say the quality is not what it was. I was very surprised and hadn't expected that, went across to Furniture Village and felt it was the same there. Then went to John Lewis and when I sat on one of theirs realised quite how bad the others were, the John Lewis one felt a much more solid piece of furniture. Ages ago when looking a friend said check the weight of the sofa by trying to lift it, not sure why now lol but I still do it.
Katiem

We've had our sofas from dfs for nearly 6 years now and we've had no … We've had our sofas from dfs for nearly 6 years now and we've had no problems. They are a 3 seater and 2 seater brown leather and they look as new, minus the 'favourite seat' on one of the sofas which has sunk ever so slightly. Dfs were brilliant when we bought them too, offering to deliver a temporary sofa whilst ours arrived as I was pregnant at the time and just moved house too. Couldn't do enough for us and I would definitely use them again.

Barney17

We bought about ten years ago and were happy, have recently been looking … We bought about ten years ago and were happy, have recently been looking again and I have to say the quality is not what it was. I was very surprised and hadn't expected that, went across to Furniture Village and felt it was the same there. Then went to John Lewis and when I sat on one of theirs realised quite how bad the others were, the John Lewis one felt a much more solid piece of furniture. Ages ago when looking a friend said check the weight of the sofa by trying to lift it, not sure why now lol but I still do it.

We bought our last one from Furniture Village and I will not be going back there anytime soon. Thanks for your time.:)
markystarky

Just look at Watchdog over the last x years... Seriously though, I got a … Just look at Watchdog over the last x years... Seriously though, I got a couple of 2 seater La-z-boy recliner leather sofas (without the gadgets and gizmos) about 8 years ago, they still look and feel as good as the day I bought them. I thought they were a little expensive at the time at about £800 each, but looking at the stupid prices of some of the tat that the chains sell, I'm glad I went with them.I would also say consider a recliner even if you may not use it much as they tend to be metal framed rather than wood and therefore longer lasting.

I think that's what is putting me off. All the hype about the sales and bad reviews.. ect. I think from your comments that I will go ahead and buy them. Thank you.
got our leather l shaped from harveys had it 7 years now apart from a slight sagging where hubby sits (16 stone) it is like new no problems what so ever with it
I got hit on by a gay sofa seller call Tony. He worked at DFS Bolton. I wasn't impressed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants