Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone had problems with IWOOT deliveries?

Placed an order with IWOOT on 8th Dec and still nothing's arrived despite order saying dispatched. I got free delivery, all it says on site is 'there is no tracking number as I did not choose a tracked method'! Is it normal for their orders to take so long?

11 Comments

Ive ordered stuff from there with free delivery thats arrived the next day, and this was earlier this month. Their customer services take a few days to respond but theyre pretty good I've found. I'd drop them an email.

Original Poster

Think I'll try to chase it up with them as it does seem rather a long time. It's a Christmas present and I keep hoping it'll arrive!

I orded the angry bird dock i saw on here via ebay outlet. Estimated delivery of a week took about two weeks. The item came from Belgium via air mail thats probably why mine took so long. Sent them emails and they never got back to me. Charming.

Original Poster

Hi, it's the angry bird dock I'm waiting for, I ordered it directly from them. Guess if it's coming from Belgium that's why it's taking so long. First time I've bought from them, looks like it will be the last.

Just had an item delivered from IWOOT
    Very late but luckily it had tracking
    Checked to see what happened - mis-routed!!!
    Contacted customer services - no response
    Found the package dumped outside my house last night ......... Covered in..........MUDDY TYRE TRACKS!?!?!?
    The courier had run over my package before delivering it!!!!
    And the courier was.................HERMES!!!!
    Says it all
    Won't be buying from them again
    FYI - IWOOT is part of The Hut group so I suspect the wonderful Hermes is used for all their courier services (at least where I stay)

darkstar2003

I orded the angry bird dock i saw on here via ebay outlet. Estimated … I orded the angry bird dock i saw on here via ebay outlet. Estimated delivery of a week took about two weeks. The item came from Belgium via air mail thats probably why mine took so long. Sent them emails and they never got back to me. Charming.

Polar1

Hi, it's the angry bird dock I'm waiting for, I ordered it directly from … Hi, it's the angry bird dock I'm waiting for, I ordered it directly from them. Guess if it's coming from Belgium that's why it's taking so long. First time I've bought from them, looks like it will be the last.

Ditto, mine arrived last Sat. Be warned though - there not shipping the item they listed on ebay/there website. It's a european model and has no apple dock nor remote control. I've contacted them, took 2 days for a reply to say they'll credit me £2 or I'll have to return it to them. Ive told them I expect better or they'll need to collect it from me, the same as they delivered it to me. I can live without the dock (although I was planning to hack it) but no remote is a deal breaker. Bunch of con artists it seems - I've alerted mods here but as usual nothing has happened - I guess iwoot pay referral fees so there happy for people to get ripped off.

Original Poster

Will see what arrives. It's for a 12 year old to play his ipod through, hopefully it'll be ok. Definitely won't be ordering from them again now.

darkstar2003

I orded the angry bird dock i saw on here via ebay outlet. Estimated … I orded the angry bird dock i saw on here via ebay outlet. Estimated delivery of a week took about two weeks. The item came from Belgium via air mail thats probably why mine took so long. Sent them emails and they never got back to me. Charming.

Polar1

Hi, it's the angry bird dock I'm waiting for, I ordered it directly from … Hi, it's the angry bird dock I'm waiting for, I ordered it directly from them. Guess if it's coming from Belgium that's why it's taking so long. First time I've bought from them, looks like it will be the last.

Oh no i didnt even check about that, i just saw it was from Belgium and stuck it away for xmas. Going to fish it out and see which type mine is.

darkstar2003

Oh no i didnt even check about that, i just saw it was from Belgium and … Oh no i didnt even check about that, i just saw it was from Belgium and stuck it away for xmas. Going to fish it out and see which type mine is.

THe Uk version comes in a box that looks a bit like a faux crate, with a window to see the 'bird'. It's quit a big box. The one IWOOT shipped me is in a nice colourful box, smallish with no window.

Original Poster

Finally arrived yesterday and it's not the one advertised, will see what they say when I contact them. Thanks for pointing out it has bits missing, I'd have just wrapped it without checking otherwise

Original Poster

Well, got an automated response asking me to return it. No apology, nothing, at least you were offered a part refund. This is a Christmas present so will have to make do now. Definitely won't be ordering from them again. The deal on here went hot so there must be a lot of HUKD's who have received the wrong item, I wonder how many will be opening presents on Christmas morning expecting a docking station!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767352
      2. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1822
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2868
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2446

See more discussions