Groups
    EXPIRED

anyone had their child go into modelling eg catalogue /tv etc

SuperEd
    a lot of people comment on my son saying he should go into it
    Anybody know a good company and/or good/bad experiences ?

saw a company called childsplay/allsorts and offered a test shoot but dont know if i trust them...

25 Comments

model direct are con artists.

Original Poster SuperEd

cherishu2;5649296

is that the above company?

thanks for the reply

does your child want to be a model......?.:whistling:

lot of posing, standing around etc.......bored me to tears and I was in my teens, but it was my choice

Original Poster SuperEd

choc1969;5649368

does your child want to be a model......?.:whistling:lot of posing, … does your child want to be a model......?.:whistling:lot of posing, standing around etc.......bored me to tears and I was in my teens, but it was my choice

i want to see whats its like for him ....just intrested in peoples experience thats all

what age is he? if under 14 id say let him have his childhood if he's a teen with a sensible head and HE want s to do it go for it

My 4yr old daughter has been with Bizzykidz agency for a year now but hasn't had any jobs. They do seem a really good agency though, I just guess noone wants to hire my daughter!!

Seriously though, I think that there's an "age" for child models as most in adverts/magazines seem to be under 2 or over 5, probably because inbetween they're little *****!! Also, not sure where you live but I really think it helps if you live in London (we don't, about 160 miles away) as we get lots of emails for jobs in London where clients are looking for something in particular.

Good luck, but don't expect your son to be famous in a hurry!!

cherishu2;5649296

+1..... we signed up to them with my first and he got nowhere!! he is a gorgeous looking kid too.... be careful.... most of them are cons

Original Poster SuperEd

Annie1508;5649482

My 4yr old daughter has been with Bizzykidz agency for a year now but … My 4yr old daughter has been with Bizzykidz agency for a year now but hasn't had any jobs. They do seem a really good agency though, I just guess noone wants to hire my daughter!!Seriously though, I think that there's an "age" for child models as most in adverts/magazines seem to be under 2 or over 5, probably because inbetween they're little *****!! Also, not sure where you live but I really think it helps if you live in London (we don't, about 160 miles away) as we get lots of emails for jobs in London where clients are looking for something in particular.Good luck, but don't expect your son to be famous in a hurry!!

thank you im just outside london

Original Poster SuperEd

jamstaruk1972;5649433

what age is he? if under 14 id say let him have his childhood if he's a … what age is he? if under 14 id say let him have his childhood if he's a teen with a sensible head and HE want s to do it go for it

11 months so long way of a teen!

Original Poster SuperEd

lfc_engravedonheart;5649516

+1..... we signed up to them with my first and he got nowhere!! he is a … +1..... we signed up to them with my first and he got nowhere!! he is a gorgeous looking kid too.... be careful.... most of them are cons

thank you

Perhaps ask BG1's mum?:roll:

I think ive read before that if any agency asks for money then its a no go! Living around London will be a bonus. Good luck xx

goonertillidie;5649596

thank you

you're welcome... i was like you with my son too.... thought he was gorgeous and everyone else would think so.... was conned and feel such a mug so dont make the same mistake

starsparkle2311;5649485

chocs, silly question, but is that you in your avvy?:)Just asking based … chocs, silly question, but is that you in your avvy?:)Just asking based on what you've said, btw that's not me in my avvy,lol

not me in my avvi......I have hair lol :-D

Original Poster SuperEd

dcx_badass;5649669

"Pushy parents 'R' Us" might do it.

they might do but think ill avoid them cheers......:whistling:

dcx_badass;5649669

"Pushy parents 'R' Us" might do it.

or maybe
    parents R proud

goonertillidie;5649574

thank you im just outside london

You're welcome, but it's all a bit of a pain to be honest. We did have to pay for her to join but it was only about £100 for processing costs which made me a bit wary of them but we don't have to pay anymore ever again. We get emails from them at least once a week and monthly get an email of which jobs they've covered in the month, but we have to regularly update heigh/weight, get new photos (we can take our own, but they have to be to a high standard) every 3-6 months and have to get a doctor's note every 6 months to say that our daughter is fit and well enough to work, this costs £10 each time it's down (charge from the doctor) and is a real hassle.

To be quite honest with you, as our daughter's turned 4 her personality has really changed and she's gone shy, bundle this in with the hassle on the doctor's letter (and no work as yet) we're actually considering taking her off their books so think really hard before you go ahead. Bizzykidz do say that they don't take 2 similar looking children on in the same area so this narrows things down but I can only guess how many kids they must have on their books.

If you still think it's for your son then just go for it but like I said earlier, don't think that you'll be on some agency's books and you'll have a job within a week, it doesn't work like that. Good luck.

A proper professional modelling agency should never charge you to join should it?

starsparkle2311;5649715

lol, I imagine you're pretty hot tho':thumbsup:

I like to think lol

still can't find me a Jeff Goldblum looky likey though :-(

not a fan of pretty boys :roll:

goonertillidie;5649592

11 months so long way of a teen!

everyones baby is beautiful at this age

lfc_engravedonheart;5649702

or maybeparents R proud

poster just making a point baby has no say in this therefore all parents pushing at this stage its hard enough breakng into modeling id say unless a proffesional aproach you in streeet saying your son was what they were lookng for id say chances were zero

enjoy your time with your son dont be wastng it travelling to photoshoots and being disapointed your son is probably the most amazing thing you have ever achieved in life enjoy hi:thumbsup:m

jamstaruk1972;5649855

everyones baby is beautiful at this age poster just making a point baby … everyones baby is beautiful at this age poster just making a point baby has no say in this therefore all parents pushing at this stage its hard enough breakng into modeling id say unless a proffesional aproach you in streeet saying your son was what they were lookng for id say chances were zeroenjoy your time with your son dont be wastng it travelling to photoshoots and being disapointed your son is probably the most amazing thing you have ever achieved in life enjoy hi:thumbsup:m

yeah i agree.... i was approached for modelling so don't know why i approached agencies to take my son on but hey ho i learnt the hard way and was out of pocket by the end of it.... still think my boys are the best looking boys in the world, obvo :thumbsup:

Original Poster SuperEd

jamstaruk1972;5649855

everyones baby is beautiful at this age poster just making a point baby … everyones baby is beautiful at this age poster just making a point baby has no say in this therefore all parents pushing at this stage its hard enough breakng into modeling id say unless a proffesional aproach you in streeet saying your son was what they were lookng for id say chances were zeroenjoy your time with your son dont be wastng it travelling to photoshoots and being disapointed your son is probably the most amazing thing you have ever achieved in life enjoy hi:thumbsup:m

thanks for your feedback

Hi ya, my little girl done alot of modelling for elizabeth smith. If i was you i would loook in to trying to go with elizabeth smith or norrie carr , they the best and most established in the business, you do have to pay a fee but most kid model agencys you would do. Although 11 months may not a age that is desirable just as kids start having their own little personalitys and are most unpredictive x

ChipSticks;5649823

A proper professional modelling agency should never charge you to join … A proper professional modelling agency should never charge you to join should it?

Most charge a fee for joining, just to cover all the costs involved with setting up the child's profile, but with a decent, regulated agency, that should be it, there shouldn't be anymore fees. The dodgy agencies charge an annual fee which isn't needed as once the profile is set up there isn't much more for the agency to do and if your child gets a job then they get a percentage of their earnings.

I personally would never do that to my child.

However my missus is a photographer and a gifted unknown one, so Im well expecting tons of photos of our kids.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2175
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it22
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay918
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?915

See more discussions