Anyone had their lg g4 bootloop fixed out of warranty?

Found 9th Oct 2017
my hubby's lg g4 went into bootloop its a second hand phone and we have a purchase receipt from when we got it. I've checked online and some people have had it repaired even though second hand. so how do you do it? I called up sent in a copy of receipt and spoke to a manager and they wouldn't budge.

won't even believe that Samsung warranty their phones for 2 years even if bought second hand as long as within 2 years from when the imei/serial number was registered. was called a lier over the phone by one of lg's reps when he told me Samsung don't repair second hand phones. told him to Google it as its on their website and he just got all defensive instead. not that this had anything to do with lg but they tried to say no major manufacturer warranty second hand phones so I had to put them straight there.

if anyone knows a way to get it fixed by lg then do let me know please.

thanks for reading I may have waffled a bit
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I would give it a go as they could accept it.
If it was originally bought from Vodafone it has 2 years wanrranty otherwise 12 months.
My bootloop happened in May, LG replaced the part. But then again mines been repaired 3 times now.
kester764 h, 36 m ago

I would give it a go as they could accept it.

I've already contacted them and sent in a copy of the receipt they said they won't touch it as its second hand.
Misslovely3 h, 51 m ago

If it was originally bought from Vodafone it has 2 years wanrranty …If it was originally bought from Vodafone it has 2 years wanrranty otherwise 12 months. My bootloop happened in May, LG replaced the part. But then again mines been repaired 3 times now.

It was locked to O2 when we purchased it, no idea if getting in touch with them would be useful as we don't have any of the original purchasers details.
adhkarzf8 h, 24 m ago

I've already contacted them and sent in a copy of the receipt they said …I've already contacted them and sent in a copy of the receipt they said they won't touch it as its second hand.

When you say 2nd hand who did you purchase the phone from with a receipt ? Was this a 2nd receipt or the original receipt. When I did mine they just wanted the copy of the original receipt and purchase details. I would lie and say you're working on behalf of this party.
kester7616 m ago

When you say 2nd hand who did you purchase the phone from with a receipt ? …When you say 2nd hand who did you purchase the phone from with a receipt ? Was this a 2nd receipt or the original receipt. When I did mine they just wanted the copy of the original receipt and purchase details. I would lie and say you're working on behalf of this party.

bought from an independent phone shop that sells second hand phones. For a receipt from them that states its second hand.

Am not really into the whole lying aspect of things to get my way.
adhkarzf1 h, 6 m ago

bought from an independent phone shop that sells second hand phones. For a …bought from an independent phone shop that sells second hand phones. For a receipt from them that states its second hand. Am not really into the whole lying aspect of things to get my way.

Well you're going to get burnt alot. The phone has an overheating issue where the power management system doesn't throttle back to prevent the device from overheating till it's too late.
In general this problem occurs through miss use as you wouldn't be holding the phone as it would be painful hot. I killed mine by downloading off wifi whilst charging it under my duvet and it was really hot with the android overheat screen and I guess others have done something similar.
The issue is inherent to the device and I don't think there's a hardware mod that prevents it.
You either pay for the repair, sell it on ebay, repair it yourself or go after the 2nd hand seller for selling a device with an inherent fault in which you will get a percentage of your cash for wear and tear.
Hi. How did it go.. ?? mine has gone through another bootloop today !
iv owned it for 2 years now
Misslovely1 h, 38 m ago

Hi. How did it go.. ?? mine has gone through another bootloop today !iv …Hi. How did it go.. ?? mine has gone through another bootloop today !iv owned it for 2 years now

It's sitting in a drawer lol got a Samsung s7 to replace it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants