Anyone have a HJC helmet (motorcycle)?

Found 30th Nov 2017
I snapped the pinlock for my current helmet and it has developed an airleak from switching the visor over so much (between tinted and regular for day/night use).

I am in 2 minds between buying another pin lock (£20) or a new helmet because I guess I am due an upgrade.

Looking at upgrading since my current one is cheap (~£60 4 star sharp rated). I know sharp rating arguably doesn't mean much but I have been looking at the HJC IS-17 which I can get for £110 with a free pinlock insert - and it has a built in sun visor. It is also 5* sharp rated.

So was wondering if anyone has HJC and would/would not recommend? Would be nice to have the built in sun visor instead of messing around switching visors all the time. Won't look at 'cool' without the old mirror visor but practicality is better than looks. And safety trumps all.

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

HJC are a decent brand. Sure they aren't Arai but nothing wrong with them.

tbh if looking at getting a new one I'd say go try loads on - fit is the most important issue.
I've had loads of emails from sportsbikeshop/getgeared/infinity/etc over the last week offering deals. It is out of season so have a look at end of line colours etc.
I have Shoei because it was the best fit I could find.

Original Poster

mas9948 m ago

HJC are a decent brand. Sure they aren't Arai but nothing wrong with …HJC are a decent brand. Sure they aren't Arai but nothing wrong with them.tbh if looking at getting a new one I'd say go try loads on - fit is the most important issue.I've had loads of emails from sportsbikeshop/getgeared/infinity/etc over the last week offering deals. It is out of season so have a look at end of line colours etc. I have Shoei because it was the best fit I could find.

well my last 2 helmets have been the same model because I really liked the fit so I can understand that, I can go try some on and if nothing else hopefully I can find some hjc ones to try on to find my size in their brand incase its different, really liking the built in sun visor though in the is-17

I have the IS-17, I also bought it partially due to the sun visor. My helmet is coming up to it's second year. The sun visor has stopped retracting all the way back (it hangs about 1cm down, but I just push it up with my thumb) aside from that, I've had no issues with the helmet.

Original Poster

AFluffyPenguin10 m ago

I have the IS-17, I also bought it partially due to the sun visor. My …I have the IS-17, I also bought it partially due to the sun visor. My helmet is coming up to it's second year. The sun visor has stopped retracting all the way back (it hangs about 1cm down, but I just push it up with my thumb) aside from that, I've had no issues with the helmet.

awesome, do you have any comments on the size? I have been an M in all previous helmets hoping to be the same

will try and try on some hjc helms tomorrow in a shop but they might not have is-17, trying to see if sportsbikeshop will price match ebay for £100 but if not they are selling for £120 anyway

I have the Pink Rocket (Ladies helmet) so it's hard to say how a males would fit you etc, but personally the fit for me is spot on. But yeah, try on a few and see what you think.
Topcashback and quidco both support Ghostbikes with 5% back if you fancied going down that route, sadly Sportsbikeshop isn't an option there.

If you are able to get to the London Motorcycle Show in February there are literally dozens to try on and some pretty good prices if the show at Birmingham last week was anything to go by. As said above, its all about fit.
Edited by: "airbus330" 1st Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants