Groups

Anyone have a Phantom 3 drone?

Im thinking of buying a drone, but can't decide on the advance or professional drone.

Has anyone any experience of these?
    Thanks.

23 Comments

I've got the advanced. I was in the same dilemma myself. So I bought the advanced and thought that if I wasn't happy with the quality I would try and send it back, I've still got the advanced and decided that I was happy with quality of the footage and that with the price difference between the two I would be better off getting an extra battery.

Original Poster

Do you happen to know if the remote controllers are different?

The official site describes them differently.

How did you find it on first use?

Thanks.

Original Poster

There's only £100.00 between them on Amazon.

When I looked it seems the only difference between the advanced and pro is the camera. I think the standard one is the one with a different controller.

Sorry I forgot add about the first time using it. What I done was for a month or so before hand I bought a few different sized cheap drones to fly around and crash while learning to fly as they was inexpensive to replace. However when I first took off I was **** it but they seem much easier to fly then the smaller ones.

I'd wait will find lots on ebay soon when mavic released

Have you looked at the GoPro Karma? or the DJI Mavric? Just in case they change your mind.

Original Poster

Thanks all.

Original Poster

punji

Have you looked at the GoPro Karma? or the DJI Mavric? Just in case they … Have you looked at the GoPro Karma? or the DJI Mavric? Just in case they change your mind.

Way out of my price range.

Get the mavic pro on zero percent interest from Jessops. That's what I'm doing!!

I have the phantom standard. Kind of wish I bought advanced or professional as controller and range is awful on the standard one

Original Poster

dmcmsn

I have the phantom standard. Kind of wish I bought advanced or … I have the phantom standard. Kind of wish I bought advanced or professional as controller and range is awful on the standard one

Yeah, I've read that I'm afraid.

Original Poster

whelan189

I'd wait will find lots on ebay soon when mavic released

I've since decided on this being the best option.

There's a load for sale but I don't think the prices are reflecting the release of the mavic.

I'm now considering the P4 but need to do some research on the benefits over the P3 advanced.

willhay555

I've since decided on this being the best option.There's a load for sale … I've since decided on this being the best option.There's a load for sale but I don't think the prices are reflecting the release of the mavic.I'm now considering the P4 but need to do some research on the benefits over the P3 advanced.

The best feature on phantom 4 has to be the anti crash sensor thingy

Original Poster

I've since gone with the mavic.

Original Poster

itsdavidjones1984

Get the mavic pro on zero percent interest from Jessops. That's what I'm … Get the mavic pro on zero percent interest from Jessops. That's what I'm doing!!

If it helps, I've just ordered the mavic pro with 20% off for new customers opening a credit card with buy now pay in twelve months.
    I went with the bundle pack.

willhay555

If it helps, I've just ordered the mavic pro with 20% off for new … If it helps, I've just ordered the mavic pro with 20% off for new customers opening a credit card with buy now pay in twelve months.I went with the bundle pack.

​Already ordered a while back. Got it with an extra battery on 12 month 0% . 20% off would've been nice. I knew very were doing something like that a while back

willhay555

If it helps, I've just ordered the mavic pro with 20% off for new … If it helps, I've just ordered the mavic pro with 20% off for new customers opening a credit card with buy now pay in twelve months.I went with the bundle pack.

​from where and what are chances of it being delivered this year.

Original Poster

very.co.uk

Due for despatch 17.11.2016.

Original Poster

northwales

​from where and what are chances of it being delivered this year.

Delivery put back to Jan 2017 hahaha!

willhay555

Delivery put back to Jan 2017 hahaha!

​january if your lucky.

Original Poster

northwales

​january if your lucky.

At 20% off; I'll risk it.
    I need it for a trip in April.

willhay555

At 20% off; I'll risk it.I need it for a trip in April.

​with 20% off, well worth a chance. I know Maplin have had some delivered, but only to pre order customers only. They are getting majority of mavics in before Christmas
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. plusnet mobile terrible34
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?26
      3. Recommend a free reminder app1314
      4. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??11

See more discussions