Expired

Anyone have a small double bed?

Found 30th Apr 2012
bought a small double bed for one of the kids....but cannot for the life of me find a small double duvet! can find covers, but not the quilt itself!

so if u have a small double do you just use normal double bed sized duvets? thanks
Community Updates
MiscBed
22 Comments
Banned
surely a double duvet will be fine as it doesnt have to fit the bed exactly! oO
Yes, normal duvet on a smaller bed, or kingsize duvet on a normal bed. Not that your kid will be sharing (?) but I hate when the duvet is pinched. A bigger duvet is a must for me! It is not much bigger so does not look silly.
go for a double
Original Poster
csiman

surely a double duvet will be fine as it doesnt have to fit the bed … surely a double duvet will be fine as it doesnt have to fit the bed exactly! oO

i dont want it dragging on the floor or not looking neat...by looking silly big for it! but am on page 5 of google with no luck...!!
AberdeenDad

Yes, normal duvet on a smaller bed, or kingsize duvet on a normal bed. … Yes, normal duvet on a smaller bed, or kingsize duvet on a normal bed. Not that your kid will be sharing (?) but I hate when the duvet is pinched. A bigger duvet is a must for me! It is not much bigger so does not look silly.

we had kingsize on our double and it never looked right...hence i am really picky!! but i think u are right, gotta be done....getting quilt covers isnt as bad....loads on argos...yet no quilts! weird!! oh well will get the double for him as well

muchas gracias

btw i am geting superking size!wooooooooooooo..... get as far as way from hubster
Original Poster
ding

go for a double

thanks
Banned
whats a small double? you mean a 3/4?
Im sure its called Queen size when its a smaller double? Try searching for that?
We have a kingsize on our double bed so think a double would be fine, it wont drag on the floor
Original Poster
thanks peoples. i dont think queen is the same size as a small double or a three quarter.

sass thanks i will google three quarted

but think it will be all round easier to get double so i got better choices of double bedding as well...

thanks all
Banned
buy a cheapie double, they are bound to cut corners
Banned
Just swapped our room with daughters room so she has more space and man its tiny so Im looking to buy a queen size bed or might just get Bunks the rooms so small I cant even get a semi
Banned
http://www.duvetandpillowwarehouse.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/park-hotel.jpg

Of topic but this is ace want one for garden
Original Poster
sassie

buy a cheapie double, they are bound to cut corners

well he need anti allergy duvet anyways so will get that for him...fun of moving houses...u need a new EVERYTHING!
Original Poster
churchill

pretty epic....takes camping to a whole new level!
Original Poster
churchill

Just swapped our room with daughters room so she has more space and man … Just swapped our room with daughters room so she has more space and man its tiny so Im looking to buy a queen size bed or might just get Bunks the rooms so small I cant even get a semi

i'd never give my kids the bigger room... im mean!
Banned
magicbeans

well he need anti allergy duvet anyways so will get that for him...fun of … well he need anti allergy duvet anyways so will get that for him...fun of moving houses...u need a new EVERYTHING!

oh another one on the move, i am actually dreading ever moving, i think i have more stuff in the attic than in the house, it makes me cringe just thinking about emptying it, although about 5 years ago i did empty it to take loads to tip and oxfam, but just couldn't bring myself to rid the attic of all daughters dolls, barbies, pushchairs, teddies, school work, etc,etc and now have sons stuff too argh
Banned
magicbeans

i'd never give my kids the bigger room... im mean!

Arr you see im nice her room is now about 18ft x 12ft and our bedroom fits double bed with about a foot of space all the way round, my office is bigger and even my ManShed is.

But its only for sleeping in and not much action goes on anymore so its ok I guess
churchill

Until it starts rolling.
Original Poster
sass i am so stressed out...there is way too much crap in my house that needs sorting /bining. 3 young kids = too much hidden away!

churchy, that aint a room, that's a studio flat
Banned
so magic, have you slung alot, or taken all with you

i am beginning to think the only way i will rid my attic of everything is if i move (will just leave it all up here) lol
Banned
magicbeans

i dont want it dragging on the floor or not looking neat...by looking … i dont want it dragging on the floor or not looking neat...by looking silly big for it! but am on page 5 of google with no luck...!!

there is no way a double duvet would touch the floor on both sides

havent you got a double duvet cover? if so, then try it on the bed bearing in mind it will sit higher off the floor once a duvet is inside it
Edited by: "csiman" 30th Apr 2012
Original Poster
JB their single bed is weird sizing but they do normal bed sizes for the rest i think...but to be fair doesnt look like double will be too much bigger which is good as got more viable bedding options

sass i am binning LOADS weirdly that is exactly what me and huby were talking about after dinner. we are gonna get a transit van and get bro to help us move across. lay clothes in car and move them across...is like 10-12minute drive so not terrible, must get mum to take kids!

csi, the bed arrived today....ebay speciality so is in more bits than can be imagined!! cant do trial run...but have ordered the double size. thanks

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants