Groups

Anyone have a Sony KDL40WD653BU ?

Looking around and i'm not into 4k this currently seems like a decent 40" tv. The sound is apparently a bit weak but retailers are all pretty much selling it at £329 atm an i might bite.

8 Comments

I looked at many 40inch tv sets recently. This was the best in the shop for both HD and SD. 4K is unnecessary at this screen size. There is a 43inch version which is an even better set if you have the space for it.

I'm pretty sure you could find a better 1080p 40" TV for quite a bit less than £329. I picked up the Philips 40PFS5501 for £199 from Asda (RRP £399), if you check out your local Asda, they may have some in stock still. They still had plenty of the 32" versions for £149 which is also a steal. I honestly think the Philips is an all round better TV than the Sony model you are looking at above.

Original Poster

thanks both. I will probably buy the sony but will have a look at the specs on the philips at that price.

I have the Kdl43 which is more or less the same tv.
    the sounds is ok on mine , it goes plenty loud enough.
    although now I've got my soundbar plugged in which mutes the speakers

Original Poster

stefromuk

I have the Kdl43 which is more or less the same tv.the sounds is ok on … I have the Kdl43 which is more or less the same tv.the sounds is ok on mine , it goes plenty loud enough.although now I've got my soundbar plugged in which mutes the speakers

ta, happy with the rest of the tv?

otterboxer

ta, happy with the rest of the tv?

Sorry pal not been on the full website for a while and the app doesn't notify me you replied ..
    Yeah love it , I read loads of mixed reviews people saying the UI slows down but it's not for me.
    Picture quality is good also once you've customised the settinggs.
    I've installed the Kodi app also which works well

Original Poster

stefromuk

Sorry pal not been on the full website for a while and the app doesn't … Sorry pal not been on the full website for a while and the app doesn't notify me you replied ..Yeah love it , I read loads of mixed reviews people saying the UI slows down but it's not for me.Picture quality is good also once you've customised the settinggs.I've installed the Kodi app also which works well

ah no problem appreciate the reply. I bought it after seeing it in real life as it seemed £ for £ the best set with those specs at that price. ta

otterboxer

ah no problem appreciate the reply. I bought it after seeing it in real … ah no problem appreciate the reply. I bought it after seeing it in real life as it seemed £ for £ the best set with those specs at that price. ta

Nice one
    This page is quite useful people share their custom picture settings to get the best out of it not sure if its for your model but the settings are quite universal.
    avforums.com/ind…03/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions