Expired

Anyone have a Virgin Tivo with this annoying problem

Found 28th Jan 2012
I have had my Tivo for a couple of weeks now and have just noticed a slight issue and wondered if anyone else has the same problem.

When watching HD channels like ITV and BBC1 They seem slightly out of sync, this only happens on HD channels, when i switch to normal channels all is fine.

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscMovieVirgin
19 Comments
this prob comes and goes
Original Poster
I think for me it has always been there, I always watch in HD when I can as, unlike my missus I do notice a difference
Never had it with mine TiVo been in three months.
willhay555

Never had it with mine TiVo been in three months.

maybe it does and its an IQ thing?
Ive heard its a HD problem with and without the tivo box and its normaly the free HD channels not movies etc and its a rare occurrence.
Original Poster
I never had a problem with my V+ box only since i got the Tivo
did have it but nothing since before christmas, think it was only itv

try turning your box on and off
Original Poster
garbage456

did have it but nothing since before christmas, think it was only itvtry … did have it but nothing since before christmas, think it was only itvtry turning your box on and off

Thanks, tried that and the issue is still there, do you work in IT?
miles136

maybe it does and its an IQ thing?

That's twice I've seen you comment on his iq, do you have history?
i think its itv as i noticed today when watching footie
sancho1983

That's twice I've seen you comment on his iq, do you have history?

he is attempting to
I've had my Tivo since launch, and it's only started doing this in the last few weeks.

I've noticed it quite often on Discovery HD. Even on recordings.
My Virgin Media man said not to bother for a while as many problems:

These are some he has had:

Clipping of suggestions very irritating - can happen with recordings on v+hd
Frequent on demand unavailable (outage varies between minutes to hours) .
Use of excessive tuners to record consecutive programmes on same channel.
Many button presses to get to on demand never had an issue pressing buttons.
Epg data errors, getting better but still issues. human error is just that, should be verification checks in place.
Pause time out when viewing on demand and catchup programmes. very annoying.
IPlayer - poor, buffering, availability and missing end of programmes. iplayer is unwatchable IMO, best done via computer.
SouthParkFan

My Virgin Media man said not to bother for a while as many problems:These … My Virgin Media man said not to bother for a while as many problems:These are some he has had:Clipping of suggestions very irritating - can happen with recordings on v+hdFrequent on demand unavailable (outage varies between minutes to hours) .Use of excessive tuners to record consecutive programmes on same channel.Many button presses to get to on demand never had an issue pressing buttons.Epg data errors, getting better but still issues. human error is just that, should be verification checks in place.Pause time out when viewing on demand and catchup programmes. very annoying.IPlayer - poor, buffering, availability and missing end of programmes. iplayer is unwatchable IMO, best done via computer.

me too to all all this pitty that man on the advert never metions these
swaped my v+ hd for a tivo, had it all of 2 weeks and thought it was rubbish, got the trusty v+ back again.

loads of issues which just keep growing
You're all lucky, I can't get a picture or sound on HD and my broadband seems to halfed in speed!!!
yeah me, hang on it was something else
Series 2 episode 11 and 12 on demand tyrant can't get them only goes up to 10
Since I got my TiVo box about 9 months ago I have a problem with recording. If I'm watching something and decide to record it, when I replay it has only recorded 30mins. Really annoying. Have noticed when it records for "suggestions" there are 2 recordings on each date of a series the first for 30 mins and the second for an hour..... Irrespective of the length of the programme. Can't find anything in the help page to explain this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants