Groups

Anyone have a weather station? - Are they much use?

Like the title says, are they any good?

Or have they been superceded by weather apps on phones?

Was looking at this one, as I know they can end up v. expensive...

maplin.co.uk/p/b…6gy

8 Comments

Just use an app or look outside to be on the safe side.

I have an Oregon nd its quite accurate

There is a local one near me plus another 6 miles away at the local airport. I use the nearest one and have bookmark the site for a quick look if needed. It's here if your interested tuffleyweather.co.uk/all…php

Sorry. Link was wrong. This is the home page. tuffleyweather.co.uk/

If the met office can't get the weren't right then I'm sure anything you can buy at home won't be any better.
    What happened to the five weeks of frozen winter from hell?
    Near 8c yesterday brrrrr

Evilmonkey

Like the title says, are they any good?Or have they been superceded by … Like the title says, are they any good?Or have they been superceded by weather apps on phones?

What do you want it for? For predicting the weather any supercomputer-backed prediction service with sensors over a wide area like the Met office is going to do a far better job than a handful of sensors in your back garden.

On the other hand for recording past whether then a set of local sensors is going to be much better than the results from a weather station a couple of miles away.

If you want to record the weather, some of them can do this. Like minimum temperature, maximum wind gust etc. but you do need to site the sensors with care for them to be accurate. Some weather stations can upload their data directly to weatherunderground without a PC.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645
      3. One for the mathmeticians1726
      4. word association Game74044569

See more discussions