Anyone have an "Ambilight alternative" setup? (lightberry etc)

Found 17th Dec 2015
Just wondering if anyone has setup one of the Ambilight alternatives in the market at the moment?

I was thinking either Lightberry or Ambivision?

lightberry.eu
ambivision.tv

Just trying to gauge quality vs difficulty.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I Absolutely do not..... and have no idea what you're referring to?

But I wish you a 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' all the same
looneychoonz74

I Absolutely do not..... and have no idea what you're referring to?But I … I Absolutely do not..... and have no idea what you're referring to?But I wish you a 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' all the same

Haha! Added some links to post for reference.

Hey Merry Christmas to you too!!!
I've gone for the Ambilight, also got the connectivity kit as I've recently purchased a new TV and had all the wires channelled into the wall. I love some of the videos that have been posted on YouTube.
How about putting your links here in comments for us folk using tablets/mobile, thanks.
dereklogan7

How about putting your links here in comments for us folk using … How about putting your links here in comments for us folk using tablets/mobile, thanks.

No problemo:

lightberry.eu
ambivision.tv

And I just found this one too:
AmbiSCREEN

Last one is an indigogo campaign and products aren't gonna ship until March/April... But it does have the better all-in-one solution
FTCom

I've gone for the Ambilight, also got the connectivity kit as I've … I've gone for the Ambilight, also got the connectivity kit as I've recently purchased a new TV and had all the wires channelled into the wall. I love some of the videos that have been posted on YouTube.

Sounds swish!

- Was it relatively easy to setup?
- How is it after the latest firmware?
- And lag and don't supposed you have a 4K setup?

And any pics? =P

Very much appreciated!!
I've actually just started setting it up, hopefully will do more with it over the xmas break as life has been hectic.

I've not got 4K, bought a new LG 42" TV in July of this year with 1080p and Smart features, as I don't see the point with 4K yet, just not much content, more so on the games console side of things. There is a wiki type guide for Ambivision which includes a setup guide and is very detailed. I just have one more cable to buy for the controller box, as it will be connecting to an Amazon Fire TV with Kodi installed, a Satellite Box and a Xbox 360.

I will try and post some pictures when I've got it running.

Also just as a note, I was flicking through indiegogo the other week and sure I saw another unit that has recently come out that does a similar thing to Ambivision / Ambilight / Lightberry. It may be worth a look, especially if your an early adopter.

Do you reckon these would fit and look good on a 65 inch tv?
TheShadowWalker

Do you reckon these would fit and look good on a 65 inch tv?

I think it'd look great personally. As long as you you get the correct length LED strips.

I've got a 65" myself, currently with one Philips Hue strip highlighting the TV cabinet, but trying to gather some more opinions and weigh up pros/cons between each set.

The Ambiscreen on indiegogo looks good but not sure if I can wait that long =P
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants