anyone have any experience with ebay, paypal and chargeback

15 replies
Found 8th Dec 2016
i recently sold a brand new unopened galaxy 7 edge on ebay. I received the payment and promptly posted it. Later on that same day i received an email from ebay saying 'eBay listings removed - unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account'. I rung ebay and basically the buyer had told them they had been hacked. The phone was already in the post at this point. Ebay said not to worry they could see i had sent it and it was a generic email and not to enter into any correspondance with buyer. Last night i got an email from paypal. The buyer has requested a chargeback and i now have -£511 in my paypal account. Paypal want information regarding posting etc. It was sent special delivery, i have the receipt and copy of signature of person it was delivered to. There was no dispute raised with Paypal just the chargeback claim. I havent slept a wink. The phone has gone and now so has the money. What are my chances of getting one or the other back

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

Oh dear looks like a scam from the beginning, hope you get one or other back but looking unlikely sorry dude

If you have the IMEI number for the phone,have it blocked making the phone unusable.
Edited by: "faah1" 8th Dec 2016

If you have posted it to the confirmed address in paypal and it was ok to send, you will get your money back although it may take a while. A No No, is buyers asking you to post to a different address after they've checked out. The buyer can dispute a claim within 3 months or it might be 6. I trust you sent it using a trackable service.

With a Paypal chargeback for unauthorised transaction, if you have complied with seller protection you WILL be covered.

Keep your certificate of posting AND the tracking receipt. If you sent the phone to the address on the Paypal transaction and did it within 7 days of payment you will be fine. Just upload the tracking AND the certificate of posting information to Paypal.

As for the phone, yes block it and report it to Action Fraud.

Original Poster

kakinyemi

If you have posted it to the confirmed address in paypal and it was ok to … If you have posted it to the confirmed address in paypal and it was ok to send, you will get your money back although it may take a while. A No No, is buyers asking you to post to a different address after they've checked out. The buyer can dispute a claim within 3 months or it might be 6. I trust you sent it using a trackable service.

it was sent special delivery and i posted to their verified paypal address

So you have the address, pop round and kick their teeth in if you live close enough

Original Poster

zombrex

So you have the address, pop round and kick their teeth in if you live … So you have the address, pop round and kick their teeth in if you live close enough

they live 330 miles from me and i am still tempted to drive down there

grumpiness

they live 330 miles from me and i am still tempted to drive down there

Road trip

Report to action fraud immediately!
You could even phone the police local to the buyers address & explain what has happened, although i doubt the police will do much, but you never know!!

Oh deer....If is item not delivered yet then ask courier service to stop delivery and explain them they may help on this.

I had a similar thing a few months ago. Sold a game (only £20 ish) Posted tracked delivery as I do this all the time now.

Day after delivery got a chargeback due to unauthorised transaction and funds held as pending. Sent them proof of delivery, explained the item was Buy it now or best offer, they had put in a best offer which I accepted. A few weeks and case was decided in my favour.

Hopefully you get this sorted out. I'm losing faith in ebay fast.

I had a similar chargeback last year nearly 3 months after it was paid for. Luckily I still had the recorded delivery receipt and PayPal put the money back in my account about 3 weeks later. You should be fine

Dont worry, as long as the address was confirmed and you have sent it to the address that is associated to the account you will get your money back guaranteed.

I have been in a pickle quite a lot of times with things like this, and as long as you followed what they ask you to do then your fine. You want to bar the phone though using the imei.

I always put the tracking number in ebay as soon as I have posted it. Even better if you buy the postage label via ebay or PayPal as they put it into your selling summary automatically, that way they can't argue with it down the line. YOu should be ok in this case as you've followed the correct procedure.

Original Poster

tallpete33

I always put the tracking number in ebay as soon as I have posted it. … I always put the tracking number in ebay as soon as I have posted it. Even better if you buy the postage label via ebay or PayPal as they put it into your selling summary automatically, that way they can't argue with it down the line. YOu should be ok in this case as you've followed the correct procedure.

I do too. I have spoken to paypal and given them all the information i have. Tracking number, copy of receipts, and copy of delivery signature, They have reversed it for now so i am not in negative balance and can use my account but its still under investigation. I have never had any trouble i strive to be a good ebayer with all positive feedback (700+ and have been a member for years) Hopefully they will see right through this scam. Thanks everyone for advice
Edited by: "grumpiness" 9th Dec 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63660
    2. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    3. win free cash32
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines10

See more discussions