Anyone have any experience with Sonnics Xbox 360 Hard drives?

Found 19th Feb 2015
My 360 hard drive is now overflowing with cheap and free games so I'm looking to upgrade to a 500GB one. The official ones aren't cheap, £60-70 but I came across Sonnics on amazon and ebay at just under £40. Apparently all 360 drives are just standard 2.5" blue WD Scorpio hard drives in a case but I've never been keen on 3rd party accessories. Apart from some amazon reviews, I can't really find much more information about them.

Has anyone used this brand or know much about it?

Thanks.
Community Updates
AskHard DriveXbox
6 Comments
As you've said. The drives in the 360 are WD Blue
So buy a WD Blue hard drive & Xbox hard drive caddy off ebay!
Same as an original one then!
Edited by: "amis1975" 20th Feb 2015
This is a good question. I have a full drive as keep downloading the free games thinking I'll play them and never having time. If swap drive can you just replace the current one with a bigger one? will console read it? I use to be able to copy data across on an old pic but don't have the sata card anymore so is there another way?
Most third party xbox 360 drives don't allow you to play old xbox games.
amis1975

As you've said. The drives in the 360 are WD BlueSo buy a WD Blue hard … As you've said. The drives in the 360 are WD BlueSo buy a WD Blue hard drive & Xbox hard drive caddy off ebay!Same as an original one then!

I'm not sure I trust myself to do that. Plus buying a new WD drive and a caddy separately is about the same if not more than the cost of one of the Sonnics.

t3rm3y

This is a good question. I have a full drive as keep downloading the free … This is a good question. I have a full drive as keep downloading the free games thinking I'll play them and never having time. If swap drive can you just replace the current one with a bigger one? will console read it? I use to be able to copy data across on an old pic but don't have the sata card anymore so is there another way?

You can use an xbox transfer cable. It also needs to be a WD Scorpio drive in the right caddy not just any bigger drive.

MIDURIX

Probably all of them :D. Yeah I read about how only official ones have a partition on for the emulator. Apparently there is a fairly simple workaround though.
amis1975

As you've said. The drives in the 360 are WD BlueSo buy a WD Blue hard … As you've said. The drives in the 360 are WD BlueSo buy a WD Blue hard drive & Xbox hard drive caddy off ebay!Same as an original one then!

t3rm3y

This is a good question. I have a full drive as keep downloading the … This is a good question. I have a full drive as keep downloading the free games thinking I'll play them and never having time. If swap drive can you just replace the current one with a bigger one? will console read it? I use to be able to copy data across on an old pic but don't have the sata card anymore so is there another way?

MIDURIX

on an older console (which got banned) is used to download games and xbla games and install them by dismantling the HDD and opening the file on my PC, i cant recall the programs used, but it was on a pci card with sata connectors or some sort, but in doing so i called see the files and folders and add these downloaded games.
I think you could also access the achievement section to unlock points etc.
as i said it was a long time ago. i dont bother now as enjoy playing online on battlefield so dont want to get banned, but can you not do a similar thing - transfer the whole harddrive to a pc and back again to a new HDD? for example /partition3/content/0000000000000000/ from kingla's site
amis1975

t3rm3y

This is a good question. I have a full drive as keep downloading the … This is a good question. I have a full drive as keep downloading the free games thinking I'll play them and never having time. If swap drive can you just replace the current one with a bigger one? will console read it? I use to be able to copy data across on an old pic but don't have the sata card anymore so is there another way?

MIDURIX

I think so? You'd have to have the new HDD formatted in the xbox first though afaik. Or use software to format it correctly on your pc. Not sure how to connect it though, spare slot on a pc maybe? This is why I suggested the transfer cable cause you can simply connect to pc and restore the 2nd partition. From what I've read you should avoid anything to do with partition 3 if its there.

I'm not entirely sure about most of this which is why I'm asking about 3rd party hard drives, saves me some hassle lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants