Groups

anyone have one of these android boxes?

Hi guys,
    Looking to upgrade from my firestick to a box for better performance.
    Been recommended this one

gearbest.com/tv-…tml

Anyone got experience with this android box?
    Cheers

24 Comments

Don't think you can get kodi on a printer

I am using Beelink Mini MxIII and had no issue with it. Your provided link takes me to hp printers website.

proper-bo

Don't think you can get kodi on a printer

Now you tell me X)

I use one of these entertainmentbox.com/pro…12/
    Edited by: "philmitchell" 4th Aug 2016

Original Poster

Sorry , using a phone and signal is crap in work. I've updated the link

Original Poster

Sorry , using a phone and signal is crap in work. I've updated the link

1GB RAM is not enough

I would pay the extra £3 for this

gearbest.com/tv-…tml

Original Poster

philmitchell

Now you tell me X)I use one of these … Now you tell me X)I use one of these https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product/ebox-t8-aml-v3s-latest-tv-box-fastest-tv-box-16gb-s812/

I've heard about these, out of my price range unfortunately

chocci

1GB RAM is not enoughI would pay the extra £3 for … 1GB RAM is not enoughI would pay the extra £3 for thishttp://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_390235.html

This is a good box received about 2 weeks ago kodi preloaded and android 6

Original Poster

flickflack

This is a good box received about 2 weeks ago kodi preloaded and android 6

It's a good price for it, looked on WISH and they are going for £40 upwards.

richje100

It's a good price for it, looked on WISH and they are going for £40 … It's a good price for it, looked on WISH and they are going for £40 upwards.

Price is in dollars. Do you know where it is shipped from? It says free delivery. Is that to UK?

Original Poster

Yes bud. I've ordered a few things from them in the past and ppl have said u might have to pay import fees but I think they go via Amsterdam iirc. Took about a week and half.
    Dollars to uk works out about £27. They come from USA

chocci

1GB RAM is not enoughI would pay the extra

^^This^^ says it all

Original Poster

chocci

1GB RAM is not enoughI would pay the extra £3 for … 1GB RAM is not enoughI would pay the extra £3 for thishttp://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_390235.html

Seems good for just a few quid more. Anyone got this box?

As it is an Android box can we install any apps from Google Play?

Original Poster

sydney871

I believe so

sydney871

Yes

Original Poster

chocci

Just bought it now, £30 after converting. Thanks.

richje100

Seems good for just a few quid more. Anyone got this box?

Haven't got that box but I stupidly purchased a Beelink 805 (or whatever it's called) 1Gb TV Box about 6 month ago - yes I can use Kodi to stream to my Home Media system but for anything else or viewing a browser page at the same time is like watching paint dry.

That's why I agree with chocci - 2Gb will give that little bit of room to fully utilise for the sake of a few quid - you will thank people for taking that advice.

I still don't understand why manufacturers still make 1Gb devices when the cost difference is so small and production costs/supply costs could b reduced if 2Gb RAM was standard/norm

How many good quality smartphones still use only 1Gb RAM?

I got the Gearbest Sunvell T95m box (2Gb version) and am very pleased so far. Looks to be slightly cheaper as well.

richje100

Just bought it now, £30 after converting. Thanks.

First thing you should do is install the android update then install a launcher like nova as the stock ones are normality awful

Original Poster

chocci

First thing you should do is install the android update then install a … First thing you should do is install the android update then install a launcher like nova as the stock ones are normality awful

Nova on the play store?

richje100

Nova on the play store?

Yep

chocci

Yep

I would also uninstall kodi and install a fresh one from the play store then put on a build like pulse or wookie

Edited by: "chocci" 5th Aug 2016

Original Poster

Yes bud I've had wookie on my firestick for months and one of the best builds.
    Thanks for your advice much appreciated
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help choosing an Android box please.55
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?11
      3. [Solved] How to use openreach modem with Asus RT-AC68U?525
      4. Selling advice56

See more discussions