Anyone have recommend a smart bedside lamp?

Found 18th Jul
Im looking at a few smart bedside lamps, mainly just because of the colour/temp selection, because normal lights around the house dont feel good on my eyes and the fact I dont have a bedside lamp.

Has anyone any experience with smart bedside lamps? I see that the Xiaomi wifi model looks really good
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I’ve got a normal lamp plugged into a LightwaveRF plug which is linked to my google home. I can just tell it to turn off the lamp and set schedules for when I’m not home/on holiday.
What do you mean by normal lights? If you're talking about CCFLs then you could just replace them with good LED bulbs. An good LED bulb with a high R9 and your colour temperature of choice will be cheaper than a colour changing bulb.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 18th Jul
Ditto - just use a smart plug instead, then you can buy whatever lamp you want.
I honestly dont want to get into smart plugs, im guessing they'll require an electrician to install them and as for an LED bulb, i'll still need to buy a nice looking lamp (minimalistic like the Xiaomi)so I can replace its bulb with an LED one
adz20101 h, 30 m ago

I honestly dont want to get into smart plugs, im guessing they'll require …I honestly dont want to get into smart plugs, im guessing they'll require an electrician to install them and as for an LED bulb, i'll still need to buy a nice looking lamp (minimalistic like the Xiaomi)so I can replace its bulb with an LED one

Nope smart plugs are just plug and play basically. You can do it in under 5 mins!
Xboxgamer32129 m ago

Nope smart plugs are just plug and play basically. You can do it in under …Nope smart plugs are just plug and play basically. You can do it in under 5 mins!

Hmm the one quoted in the first post (LightwaveRF) is unless im missing something?
Which would you recommend?
adz201014 m ago

Hmm the one quoted in the first post (LightwaveRF) is unless im missing …Hmm the one quoted in the first post (LightwaveRF) is unless im missing something?Which would you recommend?

A bit expensive but tp link ones are really good!!
Xboxgamer32139 m ago

A bit expensive but tp link ones are really good!!

Hmm looks like the smart plugs only allow me to switch my devices on/off and put stuff on a schedule, nothing about letting me change colour of a bulb (will still need to buy a smart bulb on top of this smart plug)

think i might get that Xiaomi after al
adz20101 h, 45 m ago

Hmm looks like the smart plugs only allow me to switch my devices on/off …Hmm looks like the smart plugs only allow me to switch my devices on/off and put stuff on a schedule, nothing about letting me change colour of a bulb (will still need to buy a smart bulb on top of this smart plug) think i might get that Xiaomi after al

Take a look at the Ikea tradfri range, I wouldn’t let one of those Xaiomi devices on my network
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants