Anyone have the LG Viewty ?

33 replies
Found 29th Mar 2008
Can anyone recommend this phone? does anyone have this phone, what do you think of it?
we have just ordered 2 lol
the reviews are pretty good for this phone, we will just have to see what the battery usage is like first i think.

1. Misc
  2. LG
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. LG
33 Comments

I have had mine since November and more than happy with it. My only gripe is that it does not have voice activation for the bluetooth.

Enjoy your Viewty.

Original Poster

how did you find the battery life miffysmate?

my sister got it...she didnt like it 1 bit and returned it!!! i would go for a nokia or sony...they keep much better value if u wanna sell in future

Tried one out in store, very nice looking and has some very nice features. Touch screen let it down for me. Have had 2 out of 3 touch sreens fail on me in recent months so I'm avoiding them now. As I found out instore they're just not accurate enough to do any real typing on. Got a Nokia E61 instead.

Original Poster

hmmm kind of mixed opinions, suppose ill just have to see lol

I don't have a problem with the battery life but then I don't use it as much as some people will do so not a true reflection.

have you seen how you text someone? thats one awesome feature and also the manual zoom again a great feature in my oppinon its a trendy looking digi cam with a phone bulit in , its very different from other phones which made me buy it and the touch screen is annoying at first but you get use to it and is rather easy to use.

Original Poster

how do you mean mate about the "how to text someone"? i havent seen it why whats up with it?
yeh im looking at the videos of it on you tube and its starting to look awesome, only problem with virgin is they dont do free min with going online so i wont be using it for that
do you go online alot mate is it worth going for the o2 contract maybe where you get a £7.50 unlimited online bolt on

did you buy a screen protector for it etc, any good featurse to tell me about it etc?

saxo_appeal;1799898

how do you mean mate about the "how to text someone"? i havent seen it … how do you mean mate about the "how to text someone"? i havent seen it why whats up with it?yeh im looking at the videos of it on you tube and its starting to look awesome, only problem with virgin is they dont do free min with going online so i wont be using it for thatdo you go online alot mate is it worth going for the o2 contract maybe where you get a £7.50 unlimited online bolt ondid you buy a screen protector for it etc, any good featurse to tell me about it etc?

i find it hard to text as i have big hands and this style of texting is much better and havent seen it before heres a pichttp://www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/lg-viety-ku990-keypad-qwerty-keyboard.jpg

Original Poster

any of my other questions answered matey lol

thanks for the piccys, looking even better

saxo_appeal;1799898

how do you mean mate about the "how to text someone"? i havent seen it … how do you mean mate about the "how to text someone"? i havent seen it why whats up with it?yeh im looking at the videos of it on you tube and its starting to look awesome, only problem with virgin is they dont do free min with going online so i wont be using it for thatdo you go online alot mate is it worth going for the o2 contract maybe where you get a £7.50 unlimited online bolt ondid you buy a screen protector for it etc, any good featurse to tell me about it etc?

oh yer lool, you get 2 free screen protectors in the box so thats sorted. the cameras amazing the fact you can zoom yourself is so much better and it has some sort of redish orange light i think thats for red eye reduction you understand what i mean by its a camera with a phone built in when u get it, erm nothing new you looking for anything in particular? navigating is very easy oh and the stylus that looks really cool supposed to like a pen. i dont go online but have some free time on it dont no exactly its on my price plan lol.

Original Poster

so you think i wont use it for going online? i think if i want to go online ill just use my laptop lol

errrm how long have you had yours?
did you find that texting was a bit slow to begin with? as with normal phones texting on T9 can be pretty quick
how do you play games and what ones do you get with the phone? like there isnt a joystick or keys so how do the games work lol
yeh i seen the stylus lol, its a shame they couldnt have intergrated it into a hole in the phone, shame that

errrrrrm ill think of more questions lol

saxo_appeal;1800048

so you think i wont use it for going online? i think if i want to go … so you think i wont use it for going online? i think if i want to go online ill just use my laptop lolerrrm how long have you had yours?did you find that texting was a bit slow to begin with? as with normal phones texting on T9 can be pretty quickhow do you play games and what ones do you get with the phone? like there isnt a joystick or keys so how do the games work lolyeh i seen the stylus lol, its a shame they couldnt have intergrated it into a hole in the phone, shame thaterrrrrrm ill think of more questions lol

lol no prbs, i think they wanted the pen to look stylish, i had when it first came out, theres one game on mine and to play it has touch sensitive grids as controls, and exactly i use my laptop to go online lol. you can change the settings for texting as you like but this way is much more faster youll notice the difference when u get it.

Original Poster

are these pretty straight forward to unlock? unlike the N73 for ages

Original Poster

how do you find the battery life sarbjeet ? how many days with just normal use would you get?

well im on the phone non stop so last me about 2 days and i talk a lot lol, heres all the info on the phone and a review reviews.cnet.co.uk/mob…htm. unlocking the phone no idea as i got mine from carphonewarehouse and it came unlocked sim free i think.

How much did you pay?

Original Poster

Sarbjeet i forgot to ask

is there anywhere for applications, games, new tools, updates etc etc
iv heard there are new applications coming out all the time but have no idea where to get them.

Original Poster

Well i must say..........

The viewty is superb, i cant fault it at all at the moment.
great we gadget lol

saxo_appeal;1809175

Well i must say..........The viewty is superb, i cant fault it at all at … Well i must say..........The viewty is superb, i cant fault it at all at the moment.great we gadget lol

tried the slow mo video?

how u getting on with the touchscreen and keyboard?

saxo_appeal;1804657

Sarbjeet i forgot to askis there anywhere for applications, games, new … Sarbjeet i forgot to askis there anywhere for applications, games, new tools, updates etc etciv heard there are new applications coming out all the time but have no idea where to get them.

saxo_appeal;1809175

Well i must say..........The viewty is superb, i cant fault it at all at … Well i must say..........The viewty is superb, i cant fault it at all at the moment.great we gadget lol

lool i see your enjoying the phone. games on my one theres only 1 new tools erm same old i think, updates i have no clue sorry. have a look at the LG website or jus simple google it.

Original Poster

lol
everything is going good, havent had much time to play about with it but i will tonight as ill have time.

yeh sarbjeet iv got a few websites to try out
]http//ww…ome
try there mate for loads of usefull info, esp in the forums

what a name for the site mygreatphone.com looool. thanks its pretty good.

Original Poster

Yeh mate, the forum (after you have registered) is really good, very informative
lots of stuff yet to be added apparently !

ooo thats gonna make the phone not boring now loool. well off to bed now gonna check it out tommoz oh yer thanks for the rep.

Original Poster

It was never starting to be boring was it? lol im having a right good play with it.....................
. the didnt sound right !!! lol

tried the slow mo video lol??

saxo_appeal;1811505

It was never starting to be boring was it? lol im having a right good … It was never starting to be boring was it? lol im having a right good play with it......................... the didnt sound right !!! lol

ive had it since last year lool.

It looks alright. But for the same price you could get an N95, which i think is an amazing phone. But my opinion so...

badmanmeow;1824332

It looks alright. But for the same price you could get an N95, which i … It looks alright. But for the same price you could get an N95, which i think is an amazing phone. But my opinion so...

yer but how ugly does it look. lg viewty has style and camera is so much better, manual focus, the way you text etc so many features the n95 dont have.

hi
can some one confirm if it comes with screen protector,doesnt say in the contents
please recommend a nice case as well please
i am having one delivered one tomorrow for daughter

Original Poster

Yes this def comes with a screen protector (its beneath the USB cable box) , i really dont know about cases.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would33135
    2. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)89179
    3. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't39
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769203

See more discussions