Groups

Anyone having an egg dump today?

There are one or two going on around here, but not as many as there used to be. Anyone having one near them over Easter?

21 Comments

Wha ??

????????

Is that when you have eaten one too many?

Mines usually stuffing on a Sunday.

Original Poster

You boil up a heap of eggs, number them, then draw them out to 'dump' one against the other (pointy end v pointy end) The unbroken egg wins the round.This continues until the there are only two eggs remaining for the 'Grand Final'. A good fund-raiser and a good Easter tradition once over!

i still have no idea what your talking about...LOL

Bit like conkers then (without the string), how do hold the eggs?

bubbles65;8283872

You boil up a heap of eggs, number them, then draw them out to 'dump' one … You boil up a heap of eggs, number them, then draw them out to 'dump' one against the other (pointy end v pointy end) The unbroken egg wins the round.This continues until the there are only two eggs remaining for the 'Grand Final'. A good fund-raiser and a good Easter tradition once over!

Explain "DUMP"

Wondered what that was. Thought it was the after effects of eating a bad egg

i thought the op was sharing their bowel movements :oops:

Original Poster

The opponents hold their eggs in their hands, top of the egg showing through finger and thumb for the egg on the bottom, Players usually toss a coin to see which egg is on top, as this is deemed to have the advantage. It get's quite competitive, with loads of money changing hands in the pub games.

The Deliverance theme tune has just popped into my head for some reason.

Original Poster

To "DUMP" is to hit one egg against the other............Simples!

bubbles65;8283959

The opponents hold their eggs in their hands, top of the egg showing … The opponents hold their eggs in their hands, top of the egg showing through finger and thumb for the egg on the bottom, Players usually toss a coin to see which egg is on top, as this is deemed to have the advantage. It get's quite competitive, with loads of money changing hands in the pub games.

People play this in pubs ? You do have electricity where you live dont you ?

How do you get the egg in there in the first place? I tried Vaseline but its still too big. Maybe I need to relax more.

splatsplatsplat;8283991

How do you get the egg in there in the first place? I tried Vaseline but … How do you get the egg in there in the first place? I tried Vaseline but its still too big. Maybe I need to relax more.

:oops::w00t:

munkynutz;8283981

People play this in pubs ? You do have electricity where you live dont … People play this in pubs ? You do have electricity where you live dont you ?

splatsplatsplat;8283991

How do you get the egg in there in the first place? I tried Vaseline but … How do you get the egg in there in the first place? I tried Vaseline but its still too big. Maybe I need to relax more.

:-D:p:w00t::thumbsup:

Original Poster

munkynutz;8283981

People play this in pubs ? You do have electricity where you live dont … People play this in pubs ? You do have electricity where you live dont you ?

No...........my computer is an early steam-driven model:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Here you go! This explains it a bit more
    youtube.com/wat…Hz0

bubbles65;8284098

Here you go! This explains it a bit … Here you go! This explains it a bit morehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOkoftg5Hz0

oh dear ! :oops:

Original Poster

Ha ha.......didn't watch it right through........You certainly wouldn't be expected to wear them thingsif you won!
    It's taken quite seriously in some places, I've seen fights, fallouts, fake eggs used, rigourous examination of eggs for hairline cracks and HUNDREDS of pounds being placed in bets on 1 egg!
    The winner of each round in the pub games go forward to become the eventual 'Bar Egg'. This in turn will take on the Bar Egg from other pubs - Seriuos stuff:)

I've had two curry dumps today already.

Goonieman;8284873

I've had two curry dumps today already.

brilliant

I had a crunchy nut cornflakes one about 12pm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4542123
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions