Groups

anyone having issues with youtube this week?

Youtube has been playing up all this week for me. I have BT fibre connection which is good for 5mb/s and think week I'm struggling to even play YouTube videos at 720p without the damn thing stopping or lowering quality to unwatchable levels. WTF is going on? Surely it can't be my Internet? I have tried speed tests and speeds are fine for other downloads etc so it has to be YouTube issue?

so annoying!

5 Comments

hope not my kids live on it..

No issues here. Check your speeds and if the are fine it is likely just an issue with your PC, probably just needs a 'clean'.

EDIT: Just seen, 5Mb is quite slow nowadays. Perhaps check YouTube's recommend speeds. Were your speeds always like this and have you been okay playing video's before?

Edited by: "joshp" 11th Sep 2016

If you have bt fiber and are only getting 5mbs then it has a problem. The minimum you should be getting is 15mbs thats the minimum you should get on BT Infinity (fiber)

Sometimes your isp buffers youtube videos on their server. Used to have lots of issues with virgin servers and there was a way to prevent virgin from diverting youtube.
    ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml

Might not be the same problem but worth giving it a shot.

Original Poster

Argoj

If you have bt fiber and are only getting 5mbs then it has a problem. The … If you have bt fiber and are only getting 5mbs then it has a problem. The minimum you should be getting is 15mbs thats the minimum you should get on BT Infinity (fiber)

OK, maybe I wasn't clear enough. My fibre is rated at 52Mbps and actual download speed I get is roughly 5MB/s (ie. plenty fast enough)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45

See more discussions