Anyone having problems renewing NUS Extra Card at Totum (Ecareers not recognised as study place)?

Posted 12th Mar 2019
I got a NUS Extra card a year ago through using an online course from Ecareers. However now it is time to renew it when I go through the Totum renewal site it appears to no longer accept Ecareers as a place of study? Anyone else having this problem or has anyone worked out a way around it?
Community Updates
Ask
39 Comments
deleted1471098
They have tightened up, so it’s unlikely you’ll find a place that is cheap to sign up for that offers the card. Good luck!
Select AVADO as your place of study :-)
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 12th Mar 2019
A Greater Manchester institution will permit signup and choice of address to despatch card to hotukdeals.com/com…772
Bluefusion12/03/2019 20:25

Select AVADO :-)

Avado usually results in a request for student number and is fussy about format of that number, unless you would like to share the acceptable format?
By being an actual student?
AndyRoyd12/03/2019 20:27

Avado usually results in a request for student number and is fussy about …Avado usually results in a request for student number and is fussy about format of that number, unless you would like to share the acceptable format?

Previously had ECareers and like the OP didn’t work for me when I came to renew a few weeks ago on Totum, after trying a few options AVADO (Home Learning College) worked for me!
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 12th Mar 2019
Bluefusion1 h, 14 m ago

Previously had ECareers and like the OP didn’t work for me when I come to r …Previously had ECareers and like the OP didn’t work for me when I come to renew a few weeks ago on Totum, after trying a few options AVADO (home learnings) worked for me!

May have been OK a few weeks ago, but not today. Seems to be working for some.
Edited by: "AndyRoyd" 12th Mar 2019
Bluefusion12/03/2019 20:29

Previously had ECareers and like the OP didn’t work for me when I came to r …Previously had ECareers and like the OP didn’t work for me when I came to renew a few weeks ago on Totum, after trying a few options AVADO (Home Learning College) worked for me!

Thanks, just selected Avado and it let me renew no problem. I guess that the thing to do is always buy a three year card in the first place.
Haircut_10012/03/2019 21:09

Thanks, just selected Avado and it let me renew no problem. I guess that …Thanks, just selected Avado and it let me renew no problem. I guess that the thing to do is always buy a three year card in the first place.

Impressive. I just see the demand for membership number:

37244969-6H6MP.jpg
AndyRoyd12/03/2019 21:21

Impressive. I just see the demand for membership number:[Image]

Are you trying to renew an existing card or is it a brand new application?
Haircut_1004 m ago

Are you trying to renew an existing card or is it a brand new application?

Scenario that requests HLC membership number = new application via cards.nusextra.co.uk
Did this last year....this year im studying a diploma with work tjrough a college and have student beans and all the other students discounts at 35 years old haha
My friend tried through stage door learning, ticked same @ for delivery ( home) , but got it shipped to the stage door learning instead!!??
Try O U
Bluefusion12/03/2019 20:25

Select AVADO as your place of study :-)

Asked for a course/study id
bodolf27/03/2019 09:03

My friend tried through stage door learning, ticked same @ for delivery ( …My friend tried through stage door learning, ticked same @ for delivery ( home) , but got it shipped to the stage door learning instead!!??

Crap I just ticked home delivery! Can they just post it to course provider anyway??
erikax2 m ago

Asked for a course/study id

That PoS only appears to allow renewals without challenge, not new applications, unless changed again...
kfitzat4 m ago

Try O U

Tried and signed up for free course no joy.
erikax1 m ago

Crap I just ticked home delivery! Can they just post it to course provider …Crap I just ticked home delivery! Can they just post it to course provider anyway??

Normally, home deliveries are sent to the address stated by the applicant.
The Consultancy Home Counties Ltd I just applied via this and home delivery fingers xd
Edited by: "erikax" 6th Apr 2019
erikax1 m ago

The Consultancy Home Counties Ltd I just applied via this and home …The Consultancy Home Counties Ltd I just applied via this and home delivery fingers xd

Result !
Logged onto the nus account I set up all seems to be there, just hope card turns up at my home address I will argue it though as they charged the £1.50 for home delivery 👌
AndyRoyd06/04/2019 00:15

Demands legitimate PI number.

If you're a new customer it will, but if you're an existing one, then it doesn't bother you for none of that .,.
Just renewed my card from Ecareers to Avado, worked a treat and made sure I went for a 3 year card this time instead of only 1.
Sc4mp037 m ago

Just renewed my card from Ecareers to Avado, worked a treat and made sure …Just renewed my card from Ecareers to Avado, worked a treat and made sure I went for a 3 year card this time instead of only 1.

Looooooooool.
amour3k06/04/2019 06:08

If you're a new customer it will, but if you're an existing one, then it …If you're a new customer it will, but if you're an existing one, then it doesn't bother you for none of that .,.

Good to know. I wonder if all requests for ID are bypassed when renewing via any PoS that would normally demand ID at initial card application?
AndyRoyd28 m ago

Good to know. I wonder if all requests for ID are bypassed when renewing …Good to know. I wonder if all requests for ID are bypassed when renewing via any PoS that would normally demand ID at initial card application?

Yep, and you're welcome.

Ps.
Gooooooood question, when I renewed a former old skool one that was still on their 'system', I had no issues (at the time), but I only did that because me trying to make a fresh new one via different Academic credentials, proved wayyyyyy toooooo long winded!!. :-(

(Hence going via the easiest route possible at the time, lol).

The new credentials bit DID demand that whole new I.D. flaff nonsense (hence me dumping it, and not bothering with it in the end, lol).

Needless to say, playing about with a old pre-existing one (even if it WAS x-Years old at the time), proved blatantly more straightforward, etc etc (so say the very least, hehehe).

So in answer to your question, I'd say both yes and no ...

(But probably mostly yes, lol).

Either way, trial and error/play it by ear, or whatever?. :-)
Sc4mp006/04/2019 10:33

Just renewed my card from Ecareers to Avado, worked a treat and made sure …Just renewed my card from Ecareers to Avado, worked a treat and made sure I went for a 3 year card this time instead of only 1.

Did you have to put in a membership ID??
grant86708/07/2019 18:31

Did you have to put in a membership ID??

Nope, just changed the place of education and it accepted it.
I got a NUS card in 2017 mainly for Amazon Student. I've just received an email from Amazon saying they're renewing my prime at full price next month. I thought they automatically renewed it for 3 or 4 years? I've only had it for 2 years!

I only got the NUS card for 1 year and have tried the AVADO suggestion above but it's not in the list. Is there any other way to renew it?
Pezza2u31/07/2019 09:03

Is there any other way to renew it?

July 2019: British Association of Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology (BABTAC)
AndyRoyd31/07/2019 09:27

July 2019: British Association of Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology (BABTAC)

Thanks, they accepted that!

But they have only renewed my student prime for 1 year. So when you add the cost of the NUS card it's not that much cheaper than when they do the prime day deal for £59. I think I will get that next year so I can share it with the missus account.

I still don't understand why they only renewed it for 2 years though when I'm sure it should be 3 years.
Help!!!

Ordered & recieved a 3 year card - delivered to my home address in september 2018.

Been using it since then.

All of a sudden - it's asking me to verify my place of study when I log in to the totum website!

Why this sudden change.

what should I do?
Both the BABTEC and AVADO options are asking for verification codes when I try to renew.

Has anyone found another institution that doesn't require a code?
Does anyone know a cheat method to get StudentBeanz or Unidays?

The ecareers has worked brilliantly for the past 7 years, but there is an increasing number of places that only accept one of the other student membership options!
I don't know any genuine students to give them a drink for their student e-mail details to get verified.
What is the best way in 2020 now to get the totum discount card on a cheap online course now?
Gmitch200004/09/2019 06:36

Both the BABTEC and AVADO options are asking for verification codes when I …Both the BABTEC and AVADO options are asking for verification codes when I try to renew. Has anyone found another institution that doesn't require a code?

im in the same boat, did you find one in the end?, or where would I get the 5 digit code from?
John_Downs19/12/2019 12:36

Does anyone know a cheat method to get StudentBeanz or Unidays?The …Does anyone know a cheat method to get StudentBeanz or Unidays?The ecareers has worked brilliantly for the past 7 years, but there is an increasing number of places that only accept one of the other student membership options! I don't know any genuine students to give them a drink for their student e-mail details to get verified.

It depends what you want it for, UNiDAYS is international, I bought a year for £8 off eBay it’s a us unidays account, it got me Apple Music for 4.99 a month
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants