Expired

Anyone having problems with their sky bill

Found 16th Jun 2014
I have received the 50% off tv package from sky. Just logged into my account and notice I have been charged the full amount of £32. Contacted billing dept and was told that I will be charged full price this month because the system doesn't recognise discounts but next month I will not have to pay for the tv at all. Sounds very odd to me. Has anyone else had this problem?
Community Updates
AskMovie & SeriesSky
11 Comments
Had a similar thing happen to me ,seems to take 5-6 weeks for billing to catch up . Log into My Sky on line and its all set out in your on line bill after 4-5 weeks .
50% off existing or new customer? my bills too high I need some offers
rogparki

Had a similar thing happen to me ,seems to take 5-6 weeks for billing to … Had a similar thing happen to me ,seems to take 5-6 weeks for billing to catch up . Log into My Sky on line and its all set out in your on line bill after 4-5 weeks .

Ok thanks, just seemed very strange.
nannafish

Ok thanks, just seemed very strange.

I think I paid the full amount the month after discount applied ,nothing the following month (but showed a credit ) , less than the correct amount (credit applied) the following month , finally this month the correct amount .
That doesn't sound right! i've just started another 50% off deal and mine is showing as discounted this month.. Are you sure you aren't just being charged a month in advance like they do?

For example mine is from when it restarted to the 25th of this month, and then the next month in advance (as sky always charge for the next month, rather than the month you've just had)

So i have effectively 2 months of pay to pay this month
CBEE2

50% off existing or new customer? my bills too high I need some offers

Existing. Was transferred over from 02 last year.Contract was coming to an end.Had a letter offering me 50% off tv package so I accepted. Why not phone them and say you have received a 50% off letter. They must have sent out loads so it is possible that they wouldn't check. Worth a try. Their was no code on the letter just the offer.
No problems with sky bills here. After they tried to charge me for an engineer visit to fix my sky+ box I changed to virgin who do not charge for engineer call outs and replace any broken tech free.
winifer

That doesn't sound right! i've just started another 50% off deal and mine … That doesn't sound right! i've just started another 50% off deal and mine is showing as discounted this month.. Are you sure you aren't just being charged a month in advance like they do?For example mine is from when it restarted to the 25th of this month, and then the next month in advance (as sky always charge for the next month, rather than the month you've just had)So i have effectively 2 months of pay to pay this month

I was on a free tv offer from sky up until last week when the new 50% offer should have kicked in. So I should only be paying for 1 month in advance ie. £16 instead of full price of £32. Not too much of a problem but just seemed a strange way of doing things. Will see what next months bill is.
Dear Sky

Thank you for clarifying how you propose to ensure i will pay the correct, agreed price for your services.

If my account reaches the point where it has a credit and I request a refund of the outstanding balance, any amount owed to me after 30 (thirty) days form the date I request the refund will be treated as a loan from me to Sky and interest will be applied at exactly the same rates as Wonga would apply to the same amount of money outstanding for the same period of time.

Any costs I incur pursuing return of my money will be to your account.

Love

Me
xxx
Some_Bloke

Dear SkyThank you for clarifying how you propose to ensure i will pay the … Dear SkyThank you for clarifying how you propose to ensure i will pay the correct, agreed price for your services.If my account reaches the point where it has a credit and I request a refund of the outstanding balance, any amount owed to me after 30 (thirty) days form the date I request the refund will be treated as a loan from me to Sky and interest will be applied at exactly the same rates as Wonga would apply to the same amount of money outstanding for the same period of time. Any costs I incur pursuing return of my money will be to your account.LoveMexxx

lol
I also having trouble with my sky bill, they promised me a deal, sent me written confirmation, discounted it one month, but put the bills back up to what they were before. This happened before when I originally took out a contract, they charged me more than what they said they would. By the time I realised I gone past the cooling off period and they said I couldn't cancel. I can't even contact them at the moment, their call centre is busy, I wonder why!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants