Expired

Anyone heard of 3xD home insurance via the website Best Deal Insurance?

Found 29th Jun 2011
My home insurance is up for renewal so was shopping around last night, did all the comparison websites etc and also entered my details on a website called Best Deal Insurance.

They gave me a call today and came up with a really good quote giving me more than enough cover, i was only looking for £150,000 rebuild cost and they giving me £300,000, full accidental damage on both contents and building its also supposed to be underwritten by Lloyds of London & Lemma Europe and its only slightly more expensive than the cheapest quote i got via 'gocompare'. I usually pay one lump sum but to top it off the bloke said i could pay by monthly direct debit interest free.

Anyway it sounds like a great deal but call me being over cautious i've tried to find any reviews or complaints about 3xD or Best Deal Insurance and can't find any info about either so just wondered if anyone had?

The last thing i want to happen is my house burn down and then find out i've been scammed or they won't pay out.

Anyway thanks for any help or pointers ;-)
Community Updates
MiscInsuranceWeb Hosting
32 Comments
Have a look on here:-

http://www.defaqto.com/insurance/home-insurance

This is the industry recognised site for rating insurance products. If your policy isn't on here, or if it is badly rated, I wouldn't take it.

Cheap policies are all well & good but you realise why they are cheap when the time comes to claim.
Original Poster
karaokecolin

Have a look on here:-http://www.defaqto.com/insurance/home-insuranceThis … Have a look on here:-http://www.defaqto.com/insurance/home-insuranceThis is the industry recognised site for rating insurance products. If your policy isn't on here, or if it is badly rated, I wouldn't take it.Cheap policies are all well & good but you realise why they are cheap when the time comes to claim.

Thanks entered 3xD in the search box at the top and it didn't return any hits

Their website looks legit http://www.3xd.co.uk/home

If its a fairly new company would it still come up on defaqto.com
Depends how new they are I reckon. Best deal insurance sounds like an online broker who are probably linked in some way to 3xd.

I work in home insurance for a major high st name & I can honestly say I have never heard of them.

Only review I could find is this one:

http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(best-deal-insurance)_221647.htm

You would be surprised how many customers move away from the well known insurers due to cheap quotes, then return soon after due to poor claims service or mistakes with the cover etc.
http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(best-deal-insurance)_221647.htm

sorry link doesn't work by clicking - put full address in browser and should be ok.

Edited by: "karaokecolin" 29th Jun 2011
Original Poster
Just tried to do a comparison quote via the defaqto.com website and 3xD is there.

Its the first one that comes up from all the companies it uses when you do a comparison. It comes under 3 X D though, so does this mean its all Kosher then?
Original Poster
If you click the select a policy to compare from here its the one at the top:

defaqto.com/com…nts
Yeah should be ok then. They don't use Lloyds of London as an underwriter though.

List of their underwriters -

http://www.3xd.co.uk/contact_us

You could use their quoted price as a base price & then ring around a few companies to see if they will match the level of cover & give you a better price. Comparison sites do not always work out the cheapest way when getting home insurance quotes.
Also check what excess they are stating you will pay in the event of a claim.

If you stick with 3xd, it could be worth ringing them directly for a quote as opposed to going through best deal insurance.
Original Poster
The quote they emailed stated Lloyds of London and Lemma? Whats Lemma are they involved with Lloyds at all?

By the way thanks for the help
Original Poster
The excess they quoted me is £100
Original Poster
Thought about going through the 3xd website direct but then thought if it came in more expensive it would mess up the quote i got from Best Deal Insurance??
No probs.

Lemma is an underwriter - the company who "calculates" or assesses the risk of what is to be insured. 3xd provides & administers the policy. As far as I know, Lemma aren't anything to do with Lloyds of London. Lloyds act purely under their own name.
Original Poster
Ok thanks, think i'll go direct through the 3xd website see what it comes in at then if its more expensive get Best Deal Insurance to give me a bell again.

Cheers for the advice
The excess at £100 is pretty standard so no probs there. If 3xd do quote cheaper, it shouldn't have any effect on any other quote through a broker. Just depends who wants your custom the most!

Still worth using it as a base price though to try and get a good price from one of the mainstream companies - aviva, churchill, direct line etc - or try your own bank.
Btw - Lloyds of London not to be confused with Lloyds tsb bank. Apols if you already knew that but some don't.

good luck!
Col.
Great website that.
Checked 3xD. Rated 3 stars out of a possible 5.
Defaqto is a very dependable website for comparing all sorts of financial products. Totally independent as well, unlike a lot of "independent" brokers & advisors.
karaokecolin

Defaqto is a very dependable website for comparing all sorts of financial … Defaqto is a very dependable website for comparing all sorts of financial products. Totally independent as well, unlike a lot of "independent" brokers & advisors.

Thanks for the link. Very useful.
Edited by: "vbnmu" 29th Jun 2011
No probs.

I'm no guru, but i do work in the market, for my sins, so feel fee to pm me if i can help at any time, although most answers are easily found on that site.
Original Poster
Just tried to get a quote direct from 3xD and it's not possible, it states on their website:

Our range of general insurance products are only available through registered financial intermediaries. If you are interested in taking out one of our policies, you will need to speak to your financial adviser.
steevieboy4u

Just tried to get a quote direct from 3xD and it's not possible, it … Just tried to get a quote direct from 3xD and it's not possible, it states on their website:Our range of general insurance products are only available through registered financial intermediaries. If you are interested in taking out one of our policies, you will need to speak to your financial adviser.

They are only selling their policies through brokers/FA's then.Bit of a shame. They are on defaqto so they sound ok themselves, my only doubt is the broker you found them through because of that review above.

Insurance is like anything else, generally what you pay for is what you get and as it says on Defaqto, you can only judge the quality of an insurer when you make a claim.

Deffo worth shopping around and get a few quotes direct in my opinion. Don't forget, some companies, eg direct line, don't use/appear on comparison sites and some companies are cheaper if you get a quote off them direct.
I have found this thread on a google search I made because of exactly the same concerns. Best Deal Insurance confirmed separately to both my wife and myself that the cover was through Lloyds of London, and this persuaded us to go ahead.
The 3XD policy arrived and buildings & cover is underwritten by Enterprise Insurance Co Plc. A search shows they are based in Gibralter. A call to 3XD & they tell me that it is nothing to do with Lloyds of London
I can't help but feel a bit worried. Hopefully ok, but we were given incorrect information by Best Deal it appears
Original Poster
All seems legit, got all my docs etc through, but never tried claiming so until that happens i'm not 100% sure how good they are? Sorry can't help anymore.
i am with them now but will soon cancel with them .it took my a full year to claim from them they ask for every thing months later when they have seen them before and you may have passed them to your employer even after works letters ,doctors letters and so on .any thing to make you think is it worth the trouble,then even after a year i have still not been payed by them
Original Poster
aclory

i am with them now but will soon cancel with them .it took my a full year … i am with them now but will soon cancel with them .it took my a full year to claim from them they ask for every thing months later when they have seen them before and you may have passed them to your employer even after works letters ,doctors letters and so on .any thing to make you think is it worth the trouble,then even after a year i have still not been payed by them

Hmmmm thats quite worrying, mines up for renewal in July, it just so happens i got a flyer from the post office last week saying they will beat any genuine renewal quote by at least £50 so will have to look into that.

Hope you get paid out soon
Stay away from this company. They will increase your premiums double in the middle of the contract (year).
I made a claim with 3XD for a leak and they sent out Dynorod who botched emergency service but Merlin Loss Adjusters came 20th August and sorted everything. It took from 3rd November when they took our furniture away until 10th June 2011. They paid for us to stay in a hotel and eat out each night. Put on a stone and a half it was very stressfull being in a hotel 6 months.

here

Vlado

Stay away from this company. They will increase your premiums double in … Stay away from this company. They will increase your premiums double in the middle of the contract (year).

yes this has just happened to us, and guess what? I cancelled my direct debit and gone to someone who is 10 pound a month cheaper, but the same policy details. Dont trust them.
I took out two home insurance policies with 3XD - one for may parents home and the other for my sister.
Had competitive quotes for the last 2 years. However this year's renewal premiums more than doubled increasing by 111% an 124%.
I have emailed to cancel policy within 14 day cancellation period.
Initially emailed 3XD who referred me to Best Deals Insurance and one telephone number that appears always engaged.
Annoyed as my dealings and direct debit is paid to 3XD.

Kind regards
Michael
Im with 3xd and just had a flood . The assessor was out in 24hrs my neighbours had the good companys are still waiting. They allowed a building firm to start immediately drying out my neighbours are still waiting. They gave me money up front to help. my neighbours did not. The assessor was spot on and kept in contact.I am now waiting for the go ahead for rebuilding my neighbours are still waiting for drying out.I rest my case.
Really good company that is on the ball with looking after customer first.
great service team
prices are very good for Buildings and contents insurance
Original Poster
scotty1267

Really good company that is on the ball with looking after customer … Really good company that is on the ball with looking after customer first.great service team prices are very good for Buildings and contents insurance

You sound like you work for them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions