Groups

Anyone heard of a Northern store called B + M

This store is so cheap! I go there sometimes when im in town and shocked at the prices.

Things like Mars Bars/Twix or similar for 25p each, 10p fruit juices, 40p mixed berry vodka, 24 fruit tequilla shots around 24% for £5 packs of Amok Egg Noodles 10p!(twin pack)
    I bought a twin pack of Cadburys Jaffa cakes for 49p, a 470g tub of real Angel Delight for a quid etc.

Some things like milk seem to be same price as supermarkets but still cheap considering they are mainly in town centres not out of town

My parents bought a kitchen table and 2 chairs for £20, and another chair for £4

The place kinda reminds me of an old fashioned indoor market or big village shop

13 Comments

Yeah - know it well! Its great for drinks & goodies for the kids, really good value for money!
    Also you can get toys, gardening stuff etc - They have matress toppers at great prices too!
    A bit like home & bargains

My son lives in Warrington and there is a B & M there, sells lots of goodies as great prices. They are also on line at b&mdirect.com.

Aye, there's one in Wombwell (nr Tesco)...

Not been in yet.

B&M are taking over the north, lol.... although I only know of 4.....

aka Bargain Madness.

A lot od the stuff is short dated or out of date. I don't care - especially things like crips and choc - but it explains the prices

Original Poster

Yeah and no the Angel Delight I got is May 2009, the Wagon Wheels are 29th October this year, only near out of date things I got before was a berry juice and a packet of walkers but when the juice was 10p and crisps 5p and still had about 4 weeks before they are out of date its great!

Banned

I'm so happy for you. A simple bit of misery for the employees of some foreign workhouse, a bit more environmental damage and a bit of a liver disorder for you, saved you a few pence.

ryouga;1710812

Yeah and no the Angel Delight I got is May 2009, the Wagon Wheels are … Yeah and no the Angel Delight I got is May 2009, the Wagon Wheels are 29th October this year, only near out of date things I got before was a berry juice and a packet of walkers but when the juice was 10p and crisps 5p and still had about 4 weeks before they are out of date its great!

I did say most. They essentially buy pallets of unsold goods from the big chains - which are not always due to date.

Recently they were selling bottles of Schweppes grapefruit juice dated Jab 08 for 2p each (the ones pubs charge £1.50 for). It is from concentrate and pasteurized so realistically it would still be good for years. Only down side is I will have 50 bottles to cart to the recycle bins

JDeal;1710817

I'm so happy for you. A simple bit of misery for the employees of some … I'm so happy for you. A simple bit of misery for the employees of some foreign workhouse, a bit more environmental damage and a bit of a liver disorder for you, saved you a few pence.

eh? They are mostly branded goods so the workers get the same money no matter if you pay £2 or 20p for the item. As I say - mostly surplus or short dated, which would be dumped in landfill if unsold.

A lot of it is food that is all produced in Europe anyway.

Yup, I agree its like home bargains.

Some days you go in and come out with loads, others you find nothing.

We have two in stoke-on-trent, hanley and a new one in cheadle. Some good bargains:thumbsup:

We've had a B&m for years.......since I was a young wee lass(more than 30 years!!)

It was called B&m Bargains back then,now it's just B&M.........it's down the road from my hairdressers,so I always pop in after I've had a haircutevery 6 weeks)

It's a ritual.....haircut->B&M->home:)

i thought it still was called b and m bargains, im sure the one in redcar is. whenever anyone is going there i always as them to get me some club orange soda, i dont know of anywhere else you can get it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay23
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32165
      3. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1015
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764322

See more discussions