Anyone heard of Club Private (electronics retailer)? Super cheap!

Found 19th Mar 2015
I have a feeling this is one of those too good to be true sites. As an example, found a Lenovo Z50-70 i7 full HD laptop for £500: clubprivate.com/epa…094

No contact number, email or customer service information.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
51 Comments

No contact number, email or customer service information."

Contact information

Address Klippert GmBH

Fritz-Reuter-Str. 1
26197 Ahlhorn
Deutschland

E-mail info@clubprivate.com

Tax identification
VAT ID: DE283804344

why ask ? its so obvious that its a sketchy site ?

Edited by: "mattmerch" 19th Mar 2015

The poster is trying to advertise site discreetly?

i was just about to paste that! clicked on the union flag & it says page doesnt exsist yet the t's & c's are in english the pricing in € & the rest of the site is in german.
the prices dont look overly cheap to me but it does look dodgy imo.

their website looks ****!

website has been running for 14 years

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/clubprivate.com

valid business address in Cologne

IM MEDIAPARK 6B

EliTom

If you're not sure, steer clear

Club and Private were jazz mags when I were younger.

craigstephens

Club and Private were jazz mags when I were younger.

jazz ?

Comment

rogparki

jazz ?

He must have meant **** not that I've ever heard of a mag called that either lol

J I z z

oO

Original Poster

littlecoupe

The poster is trying to advertise site discreetly?

Check my account history.

I found this review: https://nl.trustpilot.com/review/clubprivate.com

I'm going to order some RAM and CPU cooler from them today and i'll leave feedback on here for anyone else interested. I'm surprised at how few reviews there are for this site. After a week of researching and sourcing pc components, their prices seem typical of EU imports. Alza shop have shown up a few times too, as a place to source a cheaper same-brand monitor, so long as you don't mind using their EU/UK plug converter.

Anyone here ever use a tv or monitor long-term with a converter like that? I don't see how it could be an issue, since it's just the power. Worst case I think, a fuse will go at some point.

alzashop.com/24-…htm

Edited by: "Shalinoth" 14th Apr 2015

I just ordered Ripjaws RAM, Arctic Heatsink and an Acer Monitor from ClubPrivate today, after some pleasant back-and-forth with one of their email guys called Mark. He even discounted the monitor by 3% since I found it cheaper on Alza, and threw in a free UK converter plug. So.. fingers crossed this all works out. Will post an update when it all arrives.

I'm getting tempted by this site too but something is stopping me. They are advertising an Apple monitor for £678.22 which is £899 at the main retailers. I've put the order through but stopped short of paying by paypal. Called the UK number and spoke to a guy who just didn't quite sound legit. He said they were a German company but if you go to the live chat the German messaging is off line which seems odd. Can't find anything else about them on the web. They only offer 5-7 days delivery. Call me sceptical, but how hard would it be to set up a false company, take a few £1000 in orders over the 5 days and then dissapear before anyone got wise?

Stubedo

I'm getting tempted by this site too but something is stopping me. They … I'm getting tempted by this site too but something is stopping me. They are advertising an Apple monitor for £678.22 which is £899 at the main retailers. I've put the order through but stopped short of paying by paypal. Called the UK number and spoke to a guy who just didn't quite sound legit. He said they were a German company but if you go to the live chat the German messaging is off line which seems odd. Can't find anything else about them on the web. They only offer 5-7 days delivery. Call me sceptical, but how hard would it be to set up a false company, take a few £1000 in orders over the 5 days and then dissapear before anyone got wise?

see post #5

EliTom

Ive been waiting the best part of 3 weeks now for a projector from these.. Promised it would arrive today but im highly dubious..

snakey_b

Ive been waiting the best part of 3 weeks now for a projector from … Ive been waiting the best part of 3 weeks now for a projector from these.. Promised it would arrive today but im highly dubious..

Please let us know how that goes. I have three things on order from them too. Plenty of email contact prior to sale, and 3 emails afterwards to give me the order receipt, to say it's being processed, and then to say it's ready for dispatch. So I'm feeling quietly confident.

I notice almost everything is 'in stock' on their system, even every projector, which may mean they are a drop-shipper who files orders directly with Manufacturers (Nigel O'Hara website does that, and they have terrible reviews about waiting times on Manufacturer orders). So it could depend on what you're ordering.

May be worth asking up-front on less common items if they have it on-hand, or if they will be ordering it in.

I was slightly worried at first that we couldn't buy with credit card (EU protection) but you can pay through Paypal using a card as your means, which leaves you with at least Paypal's protection system, and possibly your card's protection on top (but some say the credit card protection ends once Paypal brokers your fee.)

One reassuring thing was that they were able to generate a discount code for a specific item to partly price-match something for me.

Shalinoth

Please let us know how that goes. I have three things on order from them … Please let us know how that goes. I have three things on order from them too. Plenty of email contact prior to sale, and 3 emails afterwards to give me the order receipt, to say it's being processed, and then to say it's ready for dispatch. So I'm feeling quietly confident.I notice almost everything is 'in stock' on their system, even every projector, which may mean they are a drop-shipper who files orders directly with Manufacturers (Nigel O'Hara website does that, and they have terrible reviews about waiting times on Manufacturer orders). So it could depend on what you're ordering.May be worth asking up-front on less common items if they have it on-hand, or if they will be ordering it in.I was slightly worried at first that we couldn't buy with credit card (EU protection) but you can pay through Paypal using a card as your means, which leaves you with at least Paypal's protection system, and possibly your card's protection on top (but some say the credit card protection ends once Paypal brokers your fee.)One reassuring thing was that they were able to generate a discount code for a specific item to partly price-match something for me.

Ive missed a delivery today which Im assuming is this badboy. Ill let you know about 4.30 pm mate

Just got my monitor. All seems good. You guys got me worried for a couple of days.

My Projector arrived today too. Panic over! Pile in.....

pennyfarthing88

J I z z oO

'Jazz mags' is a correct term for gentlemen's periodicals.

Edited by: "dealpickle" 20th Apr 2015

joprst

Just got my monitor. All seems good. You guys got me worried for a couple … Just got my monitor. All seems good. You guys got me worried for a couple of days.

Thanks for letting us know. Good to hear.

Oh, was your monitor EU plugged, like a shaver?
Edited by: "Shalinoth" 21st Apr 2015

snakey_b

My Projector arrived today too. Panic over! Pile in.....

Fantastic, it's a relief to hear you got it. I wonder if it was sent from the Manufacturer or from Klippert GmBH.
Thanks for keeping us posted about your order - very relieved to hear it.

Shalinoth

Thanks for letting us know. Good to hear.Oh, was your monitor EU plugged, … Thanks for letting us know. Good to hear.Oh, was your monitor EU plugged, like a shaver?

My projector has a EU plug. But it's a generic 3 pin 10A plug so easy to replace

snakey_b

My projector has a EU plug. But it's a generic 3 pin 10A plug so easy to … My projector has a EU plug. But it's a generic 3 pin 10A plug so easy to replace

Would you recommend using a converter plug or rewiring a UK plug onto it?
I've no idea if those generic adapters were intended for long-term constant use.

Shalinoth

Fantastic, it's a relief to hear you got it. I wonder if it was sent from … Fantastic, it's a relief to hear you got it. I wonder if it was sent from the Manufacturer or from Klippert GmBH.Thanks for keeping us posted about your order - very relieved to hear it.

My delivery arrived today too, in very good packing conditions.

That's 8 days delivery, including a weekend, with a total of 10days from when I clicked buy.
Pretty good for the savings involved on brand items, which I wasn't in a hurry for anyway.
They included an actual UK plug lead too, not just a plastic EU adapter!

Saved over £30.

Edited by: "Shalinoth" 24th Apr 2015

Having found myself on the Club Private site as a result of a Google Shopping search for a networking product, I'm encouraged to hear people having good experiences. It sounds like, if you're happy with the "best part of a fortnight" delivery time, there are savings to be had!

Placing an order now

jumpin_jon

Having found myself on the Club Private site as a result of a Google … Having found myself on the Club Private site as a result of a Google Shopping search for a networking product, I'm encouraged to hear people having good experiences. It sounds like, if you're happy with the "best part of a fortnight" delivery time, there are savings to be had!Placing an order now

Aye worth it if you're not in a hurry for a component.

If you see the item cheaper elsewhere like Alza or Nigel O'Hara you can even persuade their email staff to give you a % off code and to throw in a free UK plug instead of the Euro they usually ship with. Good luck.

And if you're doing a really big order, it might be worth considering doing checkout more than once (so long as free delivery triggers each time). Since then you won't be doing any waiting on the slowest component - on the off chance something isn't in stock but coming from a warehouse.

jumpin_jon

Having found myself on the Club Private site as a result of a Google … Having found myself on the Club Private site as a result of a Google Shopping search for a networking product, I'm encouraged to hear people having good experiences. It sounds like, if you're happy with the "best part of a fortnight" delivery time, there are savings to be had!Placing an order now

Had a good Google and brought me back to HUKD, about to make a purchase from them.

I have had issues with a router I am waiting for. The site claims the router is in stock, but I had no notice of dispatch for about 12 days. I had asked where it was and got a terse reply that it would be with me by the end of the week, but I have received a notice that it wont be dispatched until 1 may (the day they said I would have it by). I asked them to cancel, and thy summarily ignored that request. They don't answer their "Hotline" and they take 24 hours to answer your emails. I am now being told it is on it's way despite the website not mentioning that. If it does actually arrive then it will be 2 weeks late. They clearly have no control over their stock ordering process because they presumably don't actually do it themselves. I suspect they are a couple of kids with a dropship site and no clue how to deal with people.

If I live to be 200 years old, I will never use club private again.

I ordered some monitors from them 8 days ago. They promised 5-7 days from order to delivery. I have not received any emails from them at all, only the payment confirmation from PayPal. There "Hot" line is stone cold. It always goes to a voicemail box that doesn't even identify the company. I must say I prefer a bit more professionalism and certainty from my e-commerce. I strongly doubt I will use them again regardless of the outcome.

AVOID AVOID AVOID I ordered a Samsung monitor from Club Private, they have took my money and did not receive anything! 14 days have passed now, I have emailed them twice and left 2 voicemail without a single reply, I called the 0207 number 5 times but the calls were been disconnected, if this parcel does not arrive by the end of the week them I am contacting fraud services and pasting **** reviews on the Internet, steer clear of club private it's a scam.

Rev306

AVOID AVOID AVOID....

It sucks your monitor is taking so long. Several of us got what we ordered with decent savings and the site's been going for years according to ScamAdviser checks. I hope your screen arrives soon, do let us know?

There's a possibility they ordered it drop-shipped from the manufacturer rather than selling from stock on-hand, which can affect delivery times significantly.

I wish they were more clear about their actual stock levels, because it seems highly unlikely they have so many rare high-end items all "in stock" like fancy projectors, etc. despite every single item showing as in stock.

Good luck.

Rev306

AVOID AVOID AVOID .

I did manage to get in touch with them yesterday. Like you, I tried email and phone with no joy but then I tried their LIVE CHAT and someone answered first time and was very helpful. It's pretty awful service that email and phone don't work but at least there was someone there who was polite and helpful. They have promised me that my delivery will arrive by tomorrow at the latest. I'll post an update.

You're still all getting better service than I have from Dabs. I ordered a graphics card with one day delivery at the weekend, and haven't even received a confirmation email.

While Club Private give the impression they have a U.K presence, it seems like that is just a warehouse where they can move their U.K deliveries to, and the skeleton staff that man that warehouse send them out. Those staff don't seem to have any interest in answering the phone and putting people's minds at rest. I actually did manage to get an answer from the U.K landline number a couple of weeks ago. I called to ask about stock levels, and frankly I think the guy I spoke to just made some encouraging tap-tap noises on a keyboard and said Yes.

So, I think we can all agree, their customer service in the U.K is almost non-existent.

My point is, this entire thread is full of people freaking out because their orders haven't shown up after a fortnight, and they can't speak to the U.K office which makes them more anxious. Eventually, most people seem to be coming back to say that their order did turn up, and it took a long time.

On that basis, I am waiting patiently. I ordered a couple of bits of networking equipment (at a really good price!) a fortnight ago, and have heard almost nothing since the order confirmation. Just like almost everyone in this thread. If I had wanted my order urgently, based on what I read here, I would have looked elsewhere.

While I agree that they are a German operation with a uk presence (however poor), they advertise items in stock and a week delivery timescale. Both of those are untrue. I cancelled my order. They refunded me but still sent the item and now want it back at my expense. They'll get it but I ain't rushing.

jdsplodge

..they advertise items in stock and a week delivery timescale. Both of … ..they advertise items in stock and a week delivery timescale. Both of those are untrue.

Actually, you're right.. I only just noticed that they claim a 5-7 day delivery timeframe. I'd thought it was 10-14, which was why I was trying to calm people complaining about it being much longer.

A complete waste of time this website. I have had to open a paypal claim to get my money back As there is no sign of the goods turning up.
Websites like this should not be trading.

I ordered 3 items on the 9th May and received an email from them on 16th saying Items ready for dispatch so fingers crossed they arrive this week. I will let you know.
Post a comment
@
    Text