Anyone heard of discount emporium ltd

Found 26th May 2012
Came across discount emporium ltd and wondered if the site is genuine or a scam?, company has been registered since June 2011.
discountemporiumltd.co.uk

Any feedback appreciated, thanks
Community Updates
Misc
220 Comments
Seems legit.
Seriously, some people are so lazy.
All you have to do is go to contact us and see it is a fake.

Which business do you know only answers calls for 2 hours in a day four days a week?
Warning signals are going off for me too. Am shopping for an iphone, and it is about £100 cheaper on discountemporiumltd. Seems dodgy to me - if it's too good to be true, it usually isn't!
ipad 2 is so cheap on this website does any one if its legit or not?
dsided

Perhaps we could both delete our comments then?

Good man.
Wien2012

Warning signals are going off for me too. Am shopping for an iphone, and … Warning signals are going off for me too. Am shopping for an iphone, and it is about £100 cheaper on discountemporiumltd. Seems dodgy to me - if it's too good to be true, it usually isn't!

Isnt the saying "if its too goog to be true, it usually is"?
Banned
it's a rip from this site discountemporium.co.uk/ if it wasn't too obvious from the comment above.
i bought an ipad 3 of them, it is legit, and its not a rip from that other site, the reason its not heard of is that it takes up to 30 working days because it comes on a freight ship and misses customs thats why its soo cheap
Danamufth

i bought an ipad 3 of them, it is legit, and its not a rip from that … i bought an ipad 3 of them, it is legit, and its not a rip from that other site, the reason its not heard of is that it takes up to 30 working days because it comes on a freight ship and misses customs thats why its soo cheap

So it's "legit" illegal?
It does not seem to be a legitimate site.
They advertise as accepting credit cards, but only in fact take payment via skrill, which will leave you completely on your own in case of any problems.
I placed an order with them last month, was given a tracking number and then suspiciously had my money refunded. This left me out of pocket with Skrill fees. How can they cancel and refund an order after it has shipped? Dodgy.
Also, they told me it would take 6-8 weeks to arrive.
FAKE FAKE FAKE... I made a purchase, (using my credit card, just in case) they apparently ship from Dubai, so it will take a while according to their website....tracking is provided via a home made looking website, then just as the item is due, it vanished! no tracking history....just GONE... discountemporiumltd say that because they are worried about fraud, they have cancelled & will refund, but that doesnt explain WHERE the package went.. apparently its in Europe somewhere...
its completely fake fake fake...
They aren't a fake site, I also ordered from them and accepted the delivery time as I wasn't in a rush & preferred the discount over quick delivery, but my order got cancelled and the payment has been refunded, so if they were scammers, they wouldn't even refund me full stop. They had issues with moneybookers who are a real nuisance to deal with, even making payment with my credit card through them turned out be the most frustrating experience ever as they claimed I had a credit limit on my card, which was false as my bank told me that wasn't true.

Discount Emporium are fine, as long as you can accept the delivery time, but Moneybookers are useless!
I would certainly second jvney's comments.
Moneybookers are a pain in the backside, I too have had real issues with my accounts limits despite jumping through the hoops required.
With regards to discounts, I have made a purchase via card transaction (as I wanted to be covered by the credit consumers act) and the transaction was refunded (without my request).
Anybody who's purchased from this site, how did you process the payment?? Was is a card transaction (purchase) or a money deposit??
I agree with the "sounds too good to be true" idea, it does!! But as long as you're covered by the credit consumers act, it's worth a tentative stab
Banned
Danamufth

i bought an ipad 3 of them, it is legit, and its not a rip from that … i bought an ipad 3 of them, it is legit, and its not a rip from that other site, the reason its not heard of is that it takes up to 30 working days because it comes on a freight ship and misses customs thats why its soo cheap

jvney

They aren't a fake site, I also ordered from them and accepted the … They aren't a fake site, I also ordered from them and accepted the delivery time as I wasn't in a rush & preferred the discount over quick delivery, but my order got cancelled and the payment has been refunded, so if they were scammers, they wouldn't even refund me full stop. They had issues with moneybookers who are a real nuisance to deal with, even making payment with my credit card through them turned out be the most frustrating experience ever as they claimed I had a credit limit on my card, which was false as my bank told me that wasn't true.Discount Emporium are fine, as long as you can accept the delivery time, but Moneybookers are useless!

juiceb0x

I would certainly second jvney's comments.Moneybookers are a pain in the … I would certainly second jvney's comments.Moneybookers are a pain in the backside, I too have had real issues with my accounts limits despite jumping through the hoops required. With regards to discounts, I have made a purchase via card transaction (as I wanted to be covered by the credit consumers act) and the transaction was refunded (without my request).Anybody who's purchased from this site, how did you process the payment?? Was is a card transaction (purchase) or a money deposit??I agree with the "sounds too good to be true" idea, it does!! But as long as you're covered by the credit consumers act, it's worth a tentative stab

Idiots
Danamufth

jvney

They aren't a fake site, I also ordered from them and accepted the … They aren't a fake site, I also ordered from them and accepted the delivery time as I wasn't in a rush & preferred the discount over quick delivery, but my order got cancelled and the payment has been refunded, so if they were scammers, they wouldn't even refund me full stop. They had issues with moneybookers who are a real nuisance to deal with, even making payment with my credit card through them turned out be the most frustrating experience ever as they claimed I had a credit limit on my card, which was false as my bank told me that wasn't true.Discount Emporium are fine, as long as you can accept the delivery time, but Moneybookers are useless!

juiceb0x

I would certainly second jvney's comments.Moneybookers are a pain in the … I would certainly second jvney's comments.Moneybookers are a pain in the backside, I too have had real issues with my accounts limits despite jumping through the hoops required. With regards to discounts, I have made a purchase via card transaction (as I wanted to be covered by the credit consumers act) and the transaction was refunded (without my request).Anybody who's purchased from this site, how did you process the payment?? Was is a card transaction (purchase) or a money deposit??I agree with the "sounds too good to be true" idea, it does!! But as long as you're covered by the credit consumers act, it's worth a tentative stab

Why am I an idiot? Yes, I might be greedy in wanting electrical items at below their normal retail value but the fact that I'm insuring that I'm covered in the event of fraud means that, at least to a certain extent, I'm not an idiot.
jvney

They aren't a fake site, I also ordered from them and accepted the … They aren't a fake site, I also ordered from them and accepted the delivery time as I wasn't in a rush & preferred the discount over quick delivery, but my order got cancelled and the payment has been refunded,

So you ordered items, paid your money & the items didnt arrive, but you still think its legit... God help you !
This has happened to numerous people...
I had tracking number via a very home made looking website, then all of a sudden, item vanishes..! Any suggestions as to where the item actually went, if it had my address on, surely it should have arrived, regardless of being refunded?
Keep a close eye on the account you used to pay for your items....
There is something extremely suspicious about discount emporium
DONT USE THEM PEOPLE.... SPEND THE EXTRA.. YOULL NEVER GET THOSE FEW WEEKS OF YOUR LIFE BACK !
I am on their trail at the moment. They have stolen over £500 pounds from my bank account. Wherever they are they will cough this money and suffer for their stealing online.
Got fooled with the price of an iphone, order from here using my card. The order was processed and then I was told there payment gateway is down and my payment will be refunded. Its been a month and I am still chasing them, they charged me and have not even processed my refund. They are worst on attending calls never able to get through and on mails I am getting wierd replies as go talk to your bank ?? I called my bank anyways and they said they can not do anything untill somebody processes the refund, which obviously is still not done, which I was told is done a month back and they are just fooling me.
They are a legit company but i wouldnt recommend them. i purchased a geaorge foreman grill via groupon. It stopped working in november december and i am still waiting on a replacement or a refund. their customer service is shocking and take over a week to get back to you. DO NOT BUY FROM DISCOUNT EMPORIUM
I have just placed an order with them , I have done my research and i felt like i had nothing to lose since im protected by the chargeback scheme,

what i do know from them up untill now is that they are new, have extremly cheap prices for multiple-buys, have a payment processor called ccbilling , apparently it asks for credit card but accepts debit cards too , i was not sure weather to type in my bank details or not ,so i made up some numbers and it rejected them , a good sign that this thing is not just copying whats inserted to it .

well after sometime i was really eager paid. my bank denied the transaction because it thought it wasn't genuine , and the reason was because the money were going to an account in Malta, then things got a bit wired, why malta`? these guys are suppose to be based in london , anyway , the bank sent me an sms telling me to authorize by replying back with Y or deny by replying back with N ,

i replied back with Y and things worked, now the order is proccesing and im waiting for the process to clear in about 3dayz, after that i will contact them and give them 2weeks to deliver or i will initiate a chargeback ,

made this account just to inform u guys, i will keep in touch with further developments.
in case any of u want to purchase anything im willing to offer my advise and experience ,

Edited by: "liban009" 14th Dec 2014
liban009

I have just placed an order with them , I have done my research and i … I have just placed an order with them , I have done my research and i felt like i hve nothing to loose since im protected by the cgargeback scheme, what i do know from the till now is that they are new, have extreemly cheap prices for multiple-buys. they have a payment processor called ccbilling , apperently it asks for credit card but accepts debit cards too , i was not sure weather to type in my bank details so i made up some numbers and it rejected them , a good sign that this thing is nt just copying wats inserted to it , well after sometime i was really down to it and paid- my bank denied the transcation because it thought it wasnt geniune , and the reson was because the money were going to an account in Malta, then things got a bit wiered, why malta`? theese guyz are supposto be based in london , anywaiz , the bank sent me an sms telling me to authorize by replying back with Y or deny by replying back with N , i replied back with Y and things worked, now the order is proccesing and im waiting for the process to clear in about 3dayz, after that ama contact them and give them 2weeks to deliver or i will initiate chargeback , made this account just to inform u guyz, i will keep in touch with further developments.incase any of u want to purchase anything im willing to offer my advise and experince , email:MOD EDIT

Maybe it's because I have wind that I'm feeling a bit grumpy, but for God's sake man did you type that using your feet?

I'm sorry but anyone who doesn't heed the previous warnings about not buying from them and then types 'days' as 'dayz' deserves to LOOSEall their money.

It's lose not loose.

Pass me a rennie.

Edited by: "Mark2111" 26th May 2013
liban009

"Maybe it's because I have wind that I'm feeling a bit grumpy, but for … "Maybe it's because I have wind that I'm feeling a bit grumpy, but for God's sake man did you type that using your feet?I'm sorry but anyone who doesn't heed the previous warnings about not buying from them and then types 'days' as 'dayz' deserves to LOOSEall their money.It's lose not loose.Pass me a rennie."Man this is not a grammar forum, and i dont take time spell marking stuff i write , but it seems u cn never get away from internet trolls, for your information , im not looooooosing any money , incase u hvent read wat i wrote above "im protected my the chargeback scheme"and yeah i do write looose in stead of lose , u got any problems with that?

Yes, I have.:p
liban009

@mark211 lol im not gonna argue with any1 here , that wasnt my … @mark211 lol im not gonna argue with any1 here , that wasnt my intentions wen i came here, relax mate, no need to start any beef,

Don't mind me mate, I'm the resident old git!

What did you order?

What bank are you with, I'm intrigued by the SMS message from them where you had to reply Y or N.

liban009

"Maybe it's because I have wind that I'm feeling a bit grumpy, but for … "Maybe it's because I have wind that I'm feeling a bit grumpy, but for God's sake man did you type that using your feet?I'm sorry but anyone who doesn't heed the previous warnings about not buying from them and then types 'days' as 'dayz' deserves to LOOSEall their money.It's lose not loose.Pass me a rennie."Man this is not a grammar forum, and i dont take time spell marking stuff i write , but it seems u cn never get away from internet trolls, for your information , im not looooooosing any money , incase u hvent read wat i wrote above "im protected my the chargeback scheme"and yeah i do write looose in stead of lose , u got any problems with that?

Let's hope whatever you ordered has a built in spell check.

Although let's be honest, it won't turn up anyway so who cares.

This thread told you it's crap, your bank even told you it's crap. You deserve what you (don't) get.
I ordered two samsung galaxy s4 , each for £340

barclays,
my bank thought it was some fraud hackers hijacking my account ,
, the sms didnt add to me trusting them , how many times do banks block a payment ,
and the weird thing is i got an email from ccbilling saying that i need to contact my bank so the transaction can be authorized,
luckily a sms reply was sufficient,

So if I steal your bank card and your phone, start spending and get a text from Barclays, I can just text back Y?

I thought they would ask to speak to the account holder and you give a password or personal information such as mothers maiden name etc.

Anyway, you have spent £680.00 on two phones that you are unlikely to receive and even if you do receive them and they develop a fault later on, you have no redress.

It doesn't bode well...
liban009

I ordered two samsung galaxy s4 , each for £340 barclays, my bank … I ordered two samsung galaxy s4 , each for £340 barclays, my bank thought it was some fraud hackers hijacking my account , , the sms didnt add to me trusting them , how many times do banks block a payment , and the weird thing is i got an email from ccbilling saying that i need to contact my bank so the transaction can be authorized, luckily a sms reply was sufficient,

I've some magic beans for sale if you're interested.

Very cheap.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4567447

And you still didnt heed the warnings...
yeah all u need would be my card and phone , +a payment proccesor that gives the money to u ,

no i spent £755 , as soon as the phones come after 2weeks (if they do , i willl check their imei number and confirm it with them, if the phones r geniune , they will be covered by samsung warranty) , and i dont recieve anything then i get my money back !

In B4 new thread .... I've been stitched up and have no phones, please help me as I failed to take notice of the WARNINGS
to be honest , i dony think any spam site can be as complex as the one in question,
they seem okaay, they have google adds coming up , and they show up as the cheapest, if u search for "samsung galaxy s4 16gb"

well, i promise to update on further developments , we will c if i need to contact my bank to get my cash back ,

i would hve loved if any1 done the same before, but they some1 gotto be first

simplyjimbo

In B4 new thread .... I've been stitched up and have no phones, please … In B4 new thread .... I've been stitched up and have no phones, please help me as I failed to take notice of the WARNINGS

how do u mean, have u bought anything from them?
liban009

how do u mean, have u bought anything from them?

They were referring to a future post made by you.
Mark2111

They were referring to a future post made by you.

how cn some1 refer to a future post?

liban009

how cn some1 refer to a future post?

The poster is predicting that it won't be long before you post something like this, "I've been stitched up and have no phones, please help me as I failed to take notice of the WARNINGS"
My partner ordered a Sony Slider £800 in February it still hasn't arrived, at first it was delayed due to horse meat scandal the shipment needed to be checked, they kept us up to date. Then 2 weeks ago apparently the parcel had been delivered to a number 23 except number 23 didn't exist so they apologised and said there mistake it was number 22 signed for by a Mr Jones funny enough no Mr Jones lives in the close the house number it should have been delivered to as number 3, my partner has sent them email after email which they did reply to, but now they are saying it's out of there hands and gave him courier name and number it's a number that we cant seem to get in touch with. BE WARNED DONT ORDER OFF THIS SITE. It's been a nightmare.
emma30

My partner ordered a Sony Slider £800 in February it still hasn't … My partner ordered a Sony Slider £800 in February it still hasn't arrived, at first it was delayed due to horse meat scandal the shipment needed to be checked, they kept us up to date. Then 2 weeks ago apparently the parcel had been delivered to a number 23 except number 23 didn't exist so they apologised and said there mistake it was number 22 signed for by a Mr Jones funny enough no Mr Jones lives in the close the house number it should have been delivered to as number 3, my partner has sent them email after email which they did reply to, but now they are saying it's out of there hands and gave him courier name and number it's a number that we cant seem to get in touch with. BE WARNED DONT ORDER OFF THIS SITE. It's been a nightmare.

£800 for a slider? For that kind of money, I'd have wanted some swings and a roundabout as well.
emma30

My partner ordered a Sony Slider £800 in February it still hasn't … My partner ordered a Sony Slider £800 in February it still hasn't arrived, at first it was delayed due to horse meat scandal the shipment needed to be checked, they kept us up to date. Then 2 weeks ago apparently the parcel had been delivered to a number 23 except number 23 didn't exist so they apologised and said there mistake it was number 22 signed for by a Mr Jones funny enough no Mr Jones lives in the close the house number it should have been delivered to as number 3, my partner has sent them email after email which they did reply to, but now they are saying it's out of there hands and gave him courier name and number it's a number that we cant seem to get in touch with. BE WARNED DONT ORDER OFF THIS SITE. It's been a nightmare.

sad to hear that , I have bought from them too, what you should do is contact your bank , they will start something called chargeback, make sure to keep all the emails you received from them, you should be fine, dont worry about losing your money ,

the only reason I purchased from them in the first place was cuz of this warranty of not losing my money.

keep in touch with further developments @emma30 ,

Edited by: "liban009" 14th Dec 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants