Found 7th Jan
Hi all,

I have an offer of £50 added to my Revolut account if I invest £500 into Moneyfarm.

Is there much risk involved in this venture? I can withdraw my investment after 90 days, so it seems like a no brainer to me.

Anyone had any investment issues with them?

Thanks

Gaz

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

If it sounds too good to be true, then you should probably avoid it.

take out ten of these deals. Sounds brilliant!!

Backed by Italian bank

Says FCA backed up to 50k - so if they go bust you'd get back money BUT if your money falls due to poor investment of falling markets then you'd lose that like you would with Hargreaves landsdown or fidelity - how do you get the £50 voucher?
Edited by: "TiscaliSurvivor" 8th Jan

If it's an investment there's always an inherent risk involved. Though I don't know the details of this with investments they can go down as well as up so you could end up losing more money then you get back with the offer

Original Poster

TiscaliSurvivor

Says FCA backed up to 50k - so if they go bust you'd get back money BUT … Says FCA backed up to 50k - so if they go bust you'd get back money BUT if your money falls due to poor investment of falling markets then you'd lose that like you would with Hargreaves landsdown or fidelity - how do you get the £50 voucher?

Can't see it being worth the risk for only £50. I use the Revolut app and it was a link in my messages:

Trying to add the link, but won't show for some reason?

Edited by: "thegazman" 8th Jan

tbh for the sake of £50 back i wouldn't even both considering it. seems to good to be true

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Original Poster

itsdavidjones1984

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Any reason why?

About Moneyfarm

Looks like a wealth / investment manager backed by well known investors. But it is not a bank account and therefore, the value of the investment made will vary with the market. The investment is not made in Moneyfarm - you are just opening an account with them like you would with any other investment manager.

As always, do your own due diligence before putting money anywhere.

Original Poster

bozo007

About MoneyfarmLooks like a wealth / investment manager backed by well … About MoneyfarmLooks like a wealth / investment manager backed by well known investors. But it is not a bank account and therefore, the value of the investment made will vary with the market. The investment is not made in Moneyfarm - you are just opening an account with them like you would with any other investment manager.As always, do your own due diligence before putting money anywhere.

Thanks for that information and advice. They actually score very highly on ratings sites, so I'm led to believe they are very reputable.

Suppose it's a gamble investing money in this sort of venture. But I might get a return on my investment, on top of my initial £50 bonus.

talset

tbh for the sake of £50 back i wouldn't even both considering it. seems … tbh for the sake of £50 back i wouldn't even both considering it. seems to good to be true

10% return in 90 days, so that a 40% return pa. sounds terrible doesn't it, especially when you can't get more than 1 or 2% return these days.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition72795
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk11
    3. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    4. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66

See more discussions