Anyone help me decide on a good wireless router for virgin media.

I'm still using a belkin n1 router, even though it performs well we've had so many problems with it not finding the modem/internet connection even though its working fine.
I've upgraded the firmware and still problems.

I decided to phone up virgin media and they supplied us with a d-link 615 router what is crap to say the least. Range is poo to the other side of the house like the n1 and speed is god awful.

Virgin media told us off for using a belkin router what i found shocking, so at the moment after being supplied with a router from virgin, I wanting to look for a new router.

I need one with good range and speed. N speed prefered. Price around £70, more if deserved.

Thanks for help given, Just looking for opinions on good routers for virgin media.

7 Comments

For all the time i've been with Virgin used a Netgear wireless router and never had any issues.

I have had a Netgear N300 with no problems and am on Virgin

ring them back and tell them? why pay for one? get the netgear we all have!

Original Poster

plumberman01;8968439

ring them back and tell them? why pay for one? get the netgear we all … ring them back and tell them? why pay for one? get the netgear we all have!

Seems like netgear is the way, according to their website they just give out the d-links now, I think the contract with netgear has gone out the window now.

im using the N1 never had any problems

I used a netgear and belkin with my virgin bb, then i bought a d-link 655 and it was the best router i ever had.

Original Poster

wickedteen;8968451

im using the N1 never had any problems

Mine worked brilliant for a year, then after then boom, can't find anything and problems every since.

apples33;8968464

I used a netgear and belkin with my virgin bb, then i bought a d-link 655 … I used a netgear and belkin with my virgin bb, then i bought a d-link 655 and it was the best router i ever had.

The range good on the d-link 655?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …57105
    2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1634
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764488
    4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1821

See more discussions