Anyone help me resize an image in gimp I'm pulling my hair out here

4 replies
Found 30th Sep 2008
I am trying to reduce a picture to a smaller size so I can put it on an advert but when I rescale it to a smaller canvas, gimp forces the resolution to reduce also. This means I end up with a blocky image which is useless. I can't believe they have locked the resolution ratio to the canvas size it seems stupid.

Help....

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
4 Comments

microsoft.com/win…spx

I use the image resizer from M$. That way I can easily and quickly resize any image without opening it etc Just two clicks and its done.

Have a look here :

novell.com/coo…tml

Should provide you with the answer if not post again and I'll try to find out more. (Don't have Gimp)

Alternatively Google is your friend............search "resize an image in Gimp"

Hope that helps.

Are you using 'canvas size' instead of 'scale image'?

Sounds like your probably using the wrong option (gimp is very powerful but not the most obvious user interface!) - the 'scale image' has options to alter either the pixel size or the resolution (ppi) independently...

jah128;3082625

Are you using 'canvas size' instead of 'scale image'? Sounds like your … Are you using 'canvas size' instead of 'scale image'? Sounds like your probably using the wrong option (gimp is very powerful but not the most obvious user interface!) - the 'scale image' has options to alter either the pixel size or the resolution (ppi) independently...

Was thinking the same but I didn't want to download gimp. 10/10 for help jah as always :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57586
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions