Groups

Anyone help with understanding gas package?

My flatmate is in hospital sick and he's meant to be in charge of this whole gas thing.

Got a bill through today from ScottishPower saying the monthly installment of £35.00 is due to be paid. It says the package is 'monthly cash' which it says is a budget plan product based on the customer paying monthly installments to cover energy usage over 12months.

When I went online to look at the account I saw it was £35 in credit.

So does this mean that I have to keep paying £35 per month for 12months? Regardless of usage. What happens if the usage is way less? Do they refund it? To be honest the heating is on about 3hours a week max and hot water half an hour.

Sorry for all the questions, I have no clue and dont want to bother him while hes sick

2 Comments

are you on prepay meter or a standard house meter.

In theory if you pay £35 per month for 12 months £420 + the £35 in credit = £455 and you only use £400 over the 12 months, then you will get a refund of £55.

The winter months outweigh the summer ones nad vise versa so I guess thats right :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Standard house one. Using this calculator smartmeter.ukpower.co.uk/ we have used £41 of gas since Sept.

Whats the point of this tarriff? Would it not just be better to get a proper bill every month?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions