Groups

Anyone here able to help me with Visual Basic?

Been trying to figure this out for the past hour but have had no luck. Need help in setting up databases/forms in VB.

this is the current scenario:

I have already created two tables:- customer, vehicles

Customer table contains fields such as customer id, name, address, tel number etc.
    Vehicle table contains reg no, make , model, colour, etc

On the vehicles form, i would like to have a field which has customer id and a dropdown box next to it so the user can select the correct one. When a user selects the customer id, it should automatically fill in the other fields such as the customers name.

I understand i have to link the fields to the customers table to lookup the data but not sure how to go about it. Any help would be appreciated

2 Comments

Create a list box where you want the user to select the item - Data - Validation

Then have a vlookup in each field which references the selected item.

Original Poster

chester123;8395198

Create a list box where you want the user to select the item - Data - … Create a list box where you want the user to select the item - Data - ValidationThen have a vlookup in each field which references the selected item.

thanks for the info, but unfortunately i am using visual studio and it doesnt work with vlookup.

Managed to find what i was looking for via google, its called data binding ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      3. love affairs1547
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273

See more discussions