Groups

Anyone here built HTPC

My PCH A110 died, and rather than buying another one or getting something from Popcorn hour again, Im looking at a HTPC kind of thing.

Something like a mini-itx tower running XBMC.

Anyone here done this before or can point me in the right direction for how to's, or guides or people showing their systems off? I know theres the xbmc forums, but just thought id see if there was anywhere else people can recommend.

9 Comments

I used to build my own PCs but I don't see the point now, large manufacturers can get components alot cheaper than I can. Get a ready made one someting like the revo r3610 or the eb1501 (which i own and can recommend). There's if you can wait a few months then you could get one of these bad boys

engadget.com/201…ed/

there's even the Ipad alternative the HP slate which they reckon can do 1080p coming out

scoopy2scoops;8380905

there's even the Ipad alternative the HP slate which they reckon can do … there's even the Ipad alternative the HP slate which they reckon can do 1080p coming out

Wouldn't really consider that an alternative.

Ebuyer seems to have a few different specs Revo`s on there.

Any thoughts on whats the best value or which one should I be looking at getting.?

Will4long;8381592

Ebuyer seems to have a few different specs Revo`s on there.Any thoughts … Ebuyer seems to have a few different specs Revo`s on there.Any thoughts on whats the best value or which one should I be looking at getting.?

The cheapest one is capable of running XBMC and playing 1080p media files without problems.

ebuyer.com/pro…153

Original Poster

staying clear of the revo, but thanks though!

hippyharry;8381824

staying clear of the revo, but thanks though!

Any reason why?

I've got a fetch tv smartbox 8000. It streams wirelessly from my pc. hdmi output, built in iplayer, 2 usb sockets for external hard drives, built in 160gb freeview recorder. Trying to sell it at the m o as well
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?1314
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767287
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7141346
      4. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407240

See more discussions