Anyone here Do and Tv Extras Work?

So I would like to get into doing it however I'm not totally sure on how to go about doing it..

I was wondering If anyone here does it or knows how to get into doing it?

Any Help would be great...

10 Comments

I body double for Brad Pitt. I was just spotted.

Banned

my mum knows a guy who works as a extra and stuff il ask her for a bit more info from the guy, il post back tomorrow

Guy at work joined an agency , he has been in Shameless, Rise of the footsoldier and done a play recently, also loads of voice overs. Find out where your local drama classes are, they will know of reputable agencies.

Original Poster

dj_urban;6312880

my mum knows a guy who works as a extra and stuff il ask her for a bit … my mum knows a guy who works as a extra and stuff il ask her for a bit more info from the guy, il post back tomorrow

Thanks, any info will be great thanks

queenlush;6312882

Guy at work joined an agency , he has been in Shameless, Rise of the … Guy at work joined an agency , he has been in Shameless, Rise of the footsoldier and done a play recently, also loads of voice overs. Find out where your local drama classes are, they will know of reputable agencies.

Awesome, ill have to try and find out the local lincoln ones, Cheers

snowflake;6312835

You usually need to join an agency, but often papers like the Standard … You usually need to join an agency, but often papers like the Standard have the odd advert for extras. Local model agencies will give you details though if you contact them. hth.

Thanks for the tips

Rep to you all

I signed up to this company a while back when i was looking for a bit of extra cash as a student. Never actually got round to creating a portfolio but I still get fairly regular emails and they seem pretty good.

]http//ww…uk/

Hope it helps

Original Poster

mike381;6313093

I signed up to this company a while back when i was looking for a bit of … I signed up to this company a while back when i was looking for a bit of extra cash as a student. Never actually got round to creating a portfolio but I still get fairly regular emails and they seem pretty good.]http://www.universalextras.co.uk/Hope it helps

Yer already looked and got a profile up on there, :thumbsup:

snowflake;6312835

You usually need to join an agency, but often papers like the Standard … You usually need to join an agency, but often papers like the Standard have the odd advert for extras. Local model agencies will give you details though if you contact them. hth.

this is how i started.

buy 'the stage' magazine

Original Poster

Thanks i'll look into all the different options, cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2641
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions