Anyone here ever competed in a combat sport and needed to cut/make weight?

I'm weighing myself at about 68KG - 70KG and on june 6th I have to be at least at 65.9KG.

Has anyone got any tips for losing/keeping it off? Just been on a half hour run and I weighed myself at 68KG
Bound to be someone on here that can help lol.

All help appreciated!

12 Comments

go for a number two :whistling:

Run for longer :-D

sauna and exercising in the sauna.
don't drink gallons of water after cos you'll just replace everything you sweated out.

surely your instructor(s) should be helping you with this too.

the guys in charge of the club I'm training at always look after our fighters health and help with cutting weight.

Admin

So 6lbs ish in 3 wks? It's doable if you want to actually lose weight as opposed to dehydrating yourself, keep your exercise levels up, cut out empty carbs, drink as much water as you can. Eat your main meal at lunchtime and a small dinner before 6pm, don't eat in the evenings.. drink cold water before each meal so you don't gorge yourself

Original Poster

pigman;8630534

Run for longer :-D

slackrat77;8630548

sauna and exercising in the sauna.don't drink gallons of water after cos … sauna and exercising in the sauna.don't drink gallons of water after cos you'll just replace everything you sweated out.surely your instructor(s) should be helping you with this too.the guys in charge of the club I'm training at always look after our fighters health and help with cutting weight.

Yeah he does help alot, but I only get to train twice a week cause I've got no way of getting up his fight gym it's miles away from me and I can't drive yet (test next monday :w00t: )

juliet_bravo;8630709

So 6lbs ish in 3 wks? It's doable if you want to actually lose weight as … So 6lbs ish in 3 wks? It's doable if you want to actually lose weight as opposed to dehydrating yourself, keep your exercise levels up, cut out empty carbs, drink as much water as you can. Eat your main meal at lunchtime and a small dinner before 6pm, don't eat in the evenings.. drink cold water before each meal so you don't gorge yourself

I'm gonna have to try this, I made the weight in march...mind you i got there and was 67KG so i had to go on the damn treadmil with all my clothes on and I went in the sauna for 20 mins (which did not work).

No eating in the evenings...does not sound good at all but it's gonna have to be done!
Would it be alright to drink as much as I liked in the evenings or would I have to watch how much I'm drinking? I tend to drink loads throughout the days and evenings. I really don't have no idea about weight cutting and dieting because I only started competing in march.

Thanks for the help you lot!

I had bother meeting the 57Kg weight the 1st time I boxed, on final weigh in I had to strip naked and I just made it (and that was after doing a fully clothed sauna). Had no problem ever making the weight after the 1st time.

Admin

ScRiVs;8630864

Yeah he does help alot, but I only get to train twice a week cause I've … Yeah he does help alot, but I only get to train twice a week cause I've got no way of getting up his fight gym it's miles away from me and I can't drive yet (test next monday :w00t: ) I'm gonna have to try this, I made the weight in march...mind you i got there and was 67KG so i had to go on the damn treadmil with all my clothes on and I went in the sauna for 20 mins (which did not work).No eating in the evenings...does not sound good at all but it's gonna have to be done!Would it be alright to drink as much as I liked in the evenings or would I have to watch how much I'm drinking? I tend to drink loads throughout the days and evenings. I really don't have no idea about weight cutting and dieting because I only started competing in march.Thanks for the help you lot!

Yeah you can drink as much water as you like, but if you start looking at calories and carbs as fuel, you have to think about whether you'll be able to burn off that fuel before bed. If you don't burn it off then your body can store it as fat reserves, which you obviously don't want. The later in the day you're intaking calories, the less time you have to burn them.

Don't starve yourself either as again, your body will lay down fat reserves whenever you do eat. Small meals, little and often and keep it lean and healthy

There's loads of sites out there that will help you calculate how many calories specific tasks take
EG internetfitness.com/cal…htm
They might help you keep track of your intake / expenditure

I'm obviously not a fighter btw so I'm only offering advice based on personal experience and studies. My younger brothers both box and cagefight (aswell as some other discipline which is pretty much a free-for-all! Brutal..) so I know some of the extremes fighters go to to lose a couple of lbs, getting naked like Paddy_o for example!!

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8630916

I had bother meeting the 57Kg weight the 1st time I boxed, on final weigh … I had bother meeting the 57Kg weight the 1st time I boxed, on final weigh in I had to strip naked and I just made it (and that was after doing a fully clothed sauna). Had no problem ever making the weight after the 1st time.

i was basically in the same boat as you the time i did it in march but at the rate i'm going now things are looking worse for me =[

Original Poster

juliet_bravo;8631045

Yeah you can drink as much water as you like, but if you start looking at … Yeah you can drink as much water as you like, but if you start looking at calories and carbs as fuel, you have to think about whether you'll be able to burn off that fuel before bed. If you don't burn it off then your body can store it as fat reserves, which you obviously don't want. The later in the day you're intaking calories, the less time you have to burn them.Don't starve yourself either as again, your body will lay down fat reserves whenever you do eat. Small meals, little and often and keep it lean and healthy :)There's loads of sites out there that will help you calculate how many calories specific tasks takeEG http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/calburncalc.htmThey might help you keep track of your intake / expenditure :)I'm obviously not a fighter btw so I'm only offering advice based on personal experience and studies. My younger brothers both box and cagefight (aswell as some other discipline which is pretty much a free-for-all! Brutal..) so I know some of the extremes fighters go to to lose a couple of lbs, getting naked like Paddy_o for example!!

Right so basically...

I've gotta stop eating in the evenings altogether? ...and eat in the daytime and possibly exercise? (hope i've read it right lol :oops: )

I just asked my mate for advice to and this is what he said:

3-4 wheetabix with skimmed milk, with a protein shake and a pint of water

3hrs later couscous with some chicken/tuna ... See more

3hrs fruit snack and a shake

3hours r sweet potato/couscous/pasta with chicken/tuna

3hours fruit snack and a shake

its all about eating regulary to keep your metabolism ticking, smashing water into you aswell helps

day before the weigh-ins stop eating and drinking about 6pm so your on empty when u jump on the scales the next day.

Admin

Yeah that's about it weight'll drop off

Original Poster

juliet_bravo;8631245

Yeah that's about it weight'll drop off

Cheers for all your help :thumbsup:

Repped :thumbsup:

Take thermogenic pills that you can buy, usually they contain green tea extract and raspberry and other stuff. Or take green tea extract, before you exercise. You wanna rev your metabolism up.

Also try and eat 6 small meals a day rather than 3 larger ones.

D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam11
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?44
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1415
    4. Pink Balls612

See more discussions