Anyone here genuinely changed their mind on who they will be voting for?

Found 7th Jun
Be honest.
Has any aspect of this election campaign made you decide to vote for a party other than the one you were originally going to vote for?

I was going to vote Labour, but due to a combination of unlikable Labour leaders and Theresa May wanting to deprive the most vulnerable amongst us, I am now tactically voting Liberal Democrats in order to try and keep the Conservatives out.
This despite my dislike for them for their u-turn around pretty much everything when they got into bed with Cameron in 2010.

Have any of you decided to vote differently?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Voting Labour for the first time in my life.

3dprince

I used to vote Labour, but I'm now voting conservative because they're … I used to vote Labour, but I'm now voting conservative because they're going to get tough with anyone suspected of terrorism.

Yeah because she's done a fantastic job of it so far. Why has it taken 3 attacks in 3 months for something like this to be put forward?

Getting tough with terrorists isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. These knobs *willingly* blow themselves up. I doubt they're going to be too bothered about their rights.

And no I'm not suggesting we shouldn't be tough, but that simply isn't enough and it if is then why has it not been done sooner? I don't trust a word she says and don't get why anyone else would either.

Edited by: "A1512" 7th Jun

3dprince

I used to vote Labour, but I'm now voting conservative because they're … I used to vote Labour, but I'm now voting conservative because they're going to get tough with anyone suspected of terrorism.

X)

I will be voting Labour. Anyone with a bit of rational sense would do the same.
106 Comments

simple, don't vote.

Banned

I used to vote Labour, but I'm now voting conservative because they're going to get tough with anyone suspected of terrorism.

3dprince

X)

3dprince

And here is the first suspect. X)
http://michaelmoore.s3.amazonaws.com/wp/uploads/2016/07/23143828/trumpwillwin-notext.jpg

3dprince

Yeah because she's done a fantastic job of it so far. Why has it taken 3 attacks in 3 months for something like this to be put forward?

Getting tough with terrorists isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. These knobs *willingly* blow themselves up. I doubt they're going to be too bothered about their rights.

And no I'm not suggesting we shouldn't be tough, but that simply isn't enough and it if is then why has it not been done sooner? I don't trust a word she says and don't get why anyone else would either.

3dprince

yes by reinstating the police and MI5 that they got rid off.

Banned

Aiden1512

Yeah because she's done a fantastic job of it so far. Why has it taken 3 … Yeah because she's done a fantastic job of it so far. Why has it taken 3 attacks in 3 months for something like this to be put forward? Getting tough with terrorists isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. These knobs *willingly* blow themselves up. I doubt they're going to be too bothered about their rights. And no I'm not suggesting we shouldn't be tough, but that simply isn't enough and it if is, then why has it not been done sooner? I don't trust a word she says and don't get why anyone else would either.

Do you think they act alone?

What would you see us do? Write them letters and say "please stop"?

Banned

themachman

yes by reinstating the police and MI5 that they got rid off.

Or more police on the beat at the cost of £2000 per year! X)

you can put a million police on the streets. But that's not the issue. The issue is the lack of power and red tape the police have. They can't do anything until they have strong evidence that an attack is going to happen. The human rights act need to be rewritten once we are out the EU.

3dprince

Do you think they act alone?What would you see us do? Write them letters … Do you think they act alone?What would you see us do? Write them letters and say "please stop"?

I don't have the answer, sadly I don't think there is an instant fix answer either but how exactly is taking away their rights going to stop them? If someone wants to blow themselves up they will, nothing can stop them unless they're locked away in a cell on their own never to be released. And this will never happen if it's based on suspicions alone. Rights or no rights, it just will not happen.

And no I don't think they work alone, take away 1 and there's probably 3 more to take their place which makes it all the more complicated to deal with.

Like I say, I don't have the answers, I don't have any solutions. I genuinely wish I did but I don't. Having said that I don't believe May has any real answers either otherwise the last few attacks wouldn't have happened.

H0P3Y1987

simple, don't vote.

Or vote, and don't be selfish, it doesn't just affect you, it affects the most vulnerable in the Country if you don't try to get the tories out!
Edited by: "prynolfc" 7th Jun

3dprince

​You definitely read The S*n hahaha

Banned

prynolfc

You definitely read The S*n hahaha

You definitely make inaccurate ***umptions.

Banned

Aiden1512

I don't have the answer, sadly I don't think there is an instant fix … I don't have the answer, sadly I don't think there is an instant fix answer either but how exactly is taking away their rights going to stop them? If someone wants to blow themselves up they will, nothing can stop them unless they're locked away in a cell on their own never to be released. And this will never happen if it's based on suspicions alone. Rights or no rights, it just will not happen. And no I don't think they work alone, take away 1 and there's probably 3 more to take their place which makes it all the more complicated to deal with. Like I say, I don't have the answers, I don't have any solutions. I genuinely wish I did but I don't. Having said that I don't believe May has any real answers either otherwise the last few attacks wouldn't have happened.

In fairness, I cant really disagree. I am angry not just that it happened, but reading comments effectively making the terrorists the victims who decided to retaliate.

I don't normally vote but I'll be voting Labour this time primarily because I'm sick of the Conservatives scapegoating the underprivileged.

Towelie

​1st time I was old enough to vote, I voted to get Thatcher out. This time I'm voting to keep Corbyn out.

I will be voting Labour. Anyone with a bit of rational sense would do the same.

So the OP wants the lib dems to be the tories tea boys again? They joined with them before don't trust em not to do that again

3dprince

How will she ever manage that?

The prime minister was the Home Secretary for 7 years. Failed her immigration targets. Reduced police numbers and armed police and she says the police are adequately resourced with the numbers they currently have. Its a shame the commissioner wasn't able to say what she really wanted to on police numbers.

Cannot vote for May, Abbott 'illness' has sealed it for me. I'm voting Labour. It's not a case of who I like, it's a case of whom I dislike the least.

3dprince

Do you think they act alone?What would you see us do? Write them letters … Do you think they act alone?What would you see us do? Write them letters and say "please stop"?

You do know Theresa May is the person who dropped the Counter-Terrorism detention time from 28 days down to 14 in the first place yes?

Originally Gordo Brown proposed a 42 Counter-Terrorism detention time. Again, our lot (I presume you're Tory as well?) voted it down.

May is about as tough on terrorism as she is a hot piece of ass tbh.

Let's face it - we don't really care about the proles or reducing immigration anyway. Anyone with half a brain can see immigration is still climbing after 7 years in power and how many border patrol guards and police we've cut. We just have to pretend we care about the S-munchers long enough for the tax breaks and corporation tax cuts to kick in...

Edited by: "CaptainSocks" 7th Jun

Nope, still a Tory.

Banned

CaptainSocks

You do know Theresa May is the person who dropped the Counter-Terrorism … You do know Theresa May is the person who dropped the Counter-Terrorism detention time from 28 days down to 14 in the first place yes? Originally Gordo Brown proposed a 42 Counter-Terrorism detention time. Again, our lot (I presume you're Tory as well?) voted it down. May is about as touch on terrorism as she is a hot piece of ass tbh.

I have NEVER vote Tory in my life.

What's a Prole? A couple of mate who working in Banking use that term.
Edited by: "3dprince" 7th Jun

http://labourlist.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/proud_to_vote_labour1.jpg

3dprince

I have NEVER vote Tory in my life.

Why not?

It's great.

Do it and then suck it up.

I need a new Range Rover.

Labour under Corbyn will borrow borrow borrow until he bankrupts the country taking us into a recession.

Conservatives are the best option to deal with Brexit so vote the lady in with a large majority so she can get the job done.

Vote her out in 5 years if you want to but with Brexit the most important issue at the moment we need to give her the majority to get the job done.

3dprince

I have NEVER vote Tory in my life. What's a Prole? A couple of mate who … I have NEVER vote Tory in my life. What's a Prole? A couple of mate who working in Banking use that term.

Your mates in banking might be proles themselves.

Depends where they went to school.

Could well just be oiks.

shadey12

1st time I was old enough to vote, I voted to get Thatcher out. This time … 1st time I was old enough to vote, I voted to get Thatcher out. This time I'm voting to keep Corbyn out.

But you want change and Brexit but you are voting for the same crap, if not worse and a pointless Brexit.

Corbyn won't give you what you want but if you think May will, you're in cloud cuckoo land.

She mocks that Corbyn would be a shambles in negotiations but she then doesn't even have the balls to debate with him.

And you think she will give you what you want. X)

donaldduck2

Labour under Corbyn will borrow borrow borrow until he bankrupts the … Labour under Corbyn will borrow borrow borrow until he bankrupts the country taking us into a recession.Conservatives are the best option to deal with Brexit so vote the lady in with a large majority so she can get the job done.Vote her out in 5 years if you want to but with Brexit the most important issue at the moment we need to give her the majority to get the job done.

May won't Brexit.

More U-turns than a u-shaped bag of U-turns.

This GE is about wiggle room if/when full Brexit is abandoned.

Which, I'm told, it probably will be.

3dprince

I have NEVER vote Tory in my life. What's a Prole? A couple of mate who … I have NEVER vote Tory in my life. What's a Prole? A couple of mate who working in Banking use that term.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…les

donaldduck2

Labour under Corbyn will borrow borrow borrow until he bankrupts the … Labour under Corbyn will borrow borrow borrow until he bankrupts the country taking us into a recession.Conservatives are the best option to deal with Brexit so vote the lady in with a large majority so she can get the job done.Vote her out in 5 years if you want to but with Brexit the most important issue at the moment we need to give her the majority to get the job done.

​+1 100%

donaldduck2

Borrowing doesn't cause a recession*

She is clueless in negotiations.

But OK.

Towelie

But you want change and Brexit but you are voting for the same crap, if … But you want change and Brexit but you are voting for the same crap, if not worse and a pointless Brexit. Corbyn won't give you what you want but if you think May will, you're in cloud cuckoo land. She mocks that Corbyn would be a shambles in negotiations but she then doesn't even have the balls to debate with him. And you think she will give you what you want. X)

​she had nothing to gain from debating with him.
Abbott shouldn't have done interviews but she did and messed up, if they had kept her away from the cameras and interviews....

CaptainSocks

May won't Brexit. More U-turns than a u-shaped bag of U-turns.This GE is … May won't Brexit. More U-turns than a u-shaped bag of U-turns.This GE is about wiggle room if/when full Brexit is abandoned. Which, I'm told, it probably will be.

​do you get your info from the same source as farron?

Original Poster

By the way people, can we try not to turn this into another generic terrorism related thread please? there are plenty of those on the first couple of pages of the forum already if you want to express your thoughts about that topic.

I want to gauge how many people have been politically swayed by what they've seen or heard in the current campaign.

shadey12

do you get your info from the same source as farron?

Relative is a Tory MP.

Bite me.

3dprince

​why haven't they got tough with terrorism before now and why have the Tories particularly MAY said she would cut immigration. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Only four times twice today

X)

Most of the attackers have been reported to the police or stood in public places waving IS flags. There's plenty of laws they've broken and could be arrested for but we did nothing other than watch. What good are internet controls when we can't even control open public radicalisation?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien628
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    3. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68
    4. amazon echo idiots guide69

See more discussions