Anyone here get time and a half for working over their contracted hours?

12 replies
Found 16th Jun 2011
Just wondering, cos I am being made to work on Sunday for stocktake, and have been made to take a weekday off, even though I am contracted Monday to Friday.

Would rather have the extra monies, personally.

12 Comments

Original Poster

Just curious if theres any kind of legislation in place that means you get paid extra for working over and above your contracted hours.

What does your contract say? or staff handbook?

say you have to goto church or summit if you don't wanna work it

Supermod

Have a look in your contract of employment.

generaloneill

Just curious if theres any kind of legislation in place that means you … Just curious if theres any kind of legislation in place that means you get paid extra for working over and above your contracted hours.

but would you be working over your contracted hours? because it seems they are still giving you your days off so you will still be working your contracted hours. I know a lot of companies have the employees working any 5 days from 7 monday to sunday, mine does

I agree with the above comment, read your terms and conditions of employment. It should state whether you are entitled to weekend enhancements or not.

Some places do money or Time off in lieu (toil).
Sounds like you're being given toil but think it's odd they are choosing which day you take off.

Check your contract, if your contracted monday to friday, tell them where to go.

Most retail contracts stipulate that you may be required for stock takes.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Most retail contracts stipulate that you may be required for stock takes.

yeah ours did, and thats not the issue, i well expect to work it, but i would rather have overtime at time and a half, rather that a day off of their choosing.

Original Poster

cath1510

but would you be working over your contracted hours? because it seems … but would you be working over your contracted hours? because it seems they are still giving you your days off so you will still be working your contracted hours. I know a lot of companies have the employees working any 5 days from 7 monday to sunday, mine does

Contract is Monday to Friday, and the employee handbook says stocktake should be over and above your contracted hours, however nothing about pay rates.

Never. I worked in Spar for 5 years and only ever got time and a half + TOIL for working on a public holiday - that was it. Anything above contracted hours was paid at normal rate.
Edited by: "DragonChris" 17th Jun 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769623
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247673
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3477
    4. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games913

See more discussions