Groups

Anyone here had a nightmare?

Banned
    Like the types you see in films, wake up instantly scared, delusional, shakes, sweat etc..

Can't say I ever have. Had bad dreams but never a nightmare.

Anyone? If so remember what it was about?

27 Comments

i saw BARACK Obama ruling G.B too

just after i looked into the mirror before bo bo's

I have nightmares, hubby has to wake me, often screaming

woke up a couple of times totally scared out of my brain. never done the jump up from pillow thing though!

I hate it when you do that thing when you step of a kerb in your dream and your leg goes and you wake yourself up. Do you know what I mean?

I witnessed a old purple nosed bloke and 11 men have a nightmare this afternoon................loved it.

Loads and loads of times. Usually involve me being shot

I often have nightmares, but only get a really bad one every few months. When its a bad one its something happening to my family or someone attacking me.

I had one a few weeks back when OH was out and I dreamt that I was being held hostage in my house. Was really scary and I was disoriented when I woke. It felt so real that I had to ring OH and I crept round the house checking on everything and on my little boy while he was on the phone to me, I know pathetic really but it was hard to believe it was a dream as my heart was racing as I woke up and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath.

Dont really have nightmares , but hate the 'sudden falling' feeling as you drift off to sleep , .......my dad has nightmares and has my poor mum demented sometimes , to mention just a couple he once woke up shouting '' the baby , the baby , she is burning '' my poor mum was running round the room terrified ( i am an only child and was 17 and tucked up in bed at the time !! ) :D......another was when he jumped up , sweat pouring off him saying he was choking on milk bottles oO....lol

nikkib123

I hate it when you do that thing when you step of a kerb in your dream … I hate it when you do that thing when you step of a kerb in your dream and your leg goes and you wake yourself up. Do you know what I mean?

Yeah I love it when this happens lol

I often have them, normally being attacked,where I am screaming and screaming so loud but nothing is coming out my mouth. I wake up wondering if I have actually been screaming as it feels so real.

Original Poster Banned

Yeah do the step off curb thing alot actually probably atleast once a month. Just jump out of it open eyes and go back to sleep.
    It's funny because I recall dreams where I have been stabbed but never jump out of sleep from that.

RosieWoo

Yeah I love it when this happens lolI often have them, normally being … Yeah I love it when this happens lolI often have them, normally being attacked,where I am screaming and screaming so loud but nothing is coming out my mouth. I wake up wondering if I have actually been screaming as it feels so real.

yeh but its not dream that is real thing......and also at that time you try to move your body but can't even move a muscle
    Edited by: "addjon" 6th Mar 2011

Original Poster Banned

Sounds bad shelly, can't be very pleasant. As for the milk bottle think STD lmao!
    Dreams are so random though so totally believable.

Any sleep walkers in the house? Lol

I married a nightmare:D

DangerGod

Sounds bad shelly, can't be very pleasant. As for the milk bottle think … Sounds bad shelly, can't be very pleasant. As for the milk bottle think STD lmao!Dreams are so random though so totally believable.Any sleep walkers in the house? Lol

Ohh I have a great sleep walking story to tell, about my best friend.

She got married in October last year, they were staying in a hotel after the reception. Anyway, when they got there her hubby passed out on the bed, so she just went to sleep.

When she woke up, around 3am - she was outside in the hotel corridor, completely naked, not a shred of clothing to be seen haha - she knocked on someones door as she couldn't wake up her hubby from his sleep to open the door, she asked the guy that answered if she could have a towel and he said no.

So she had to go down to the reception and ask at the main desk! Oh the shame!!!!!!!!

They had also forgotten their over night bags so she had to leave ever so discretely in her wedding dress X)

Hilarious, makes me laugh every time I think about it.

DangerGod

Sounds bad shelly, can't be very pleasant. As for the milk bottle think … Sounds bad shelly, can't be very pleasant. As for the milk bottle think STD lmao!Dreams are so random though so totally believable.Any sleep walkers in the house? Lol

My partner has caught me sleep walking a few times, one time I jumped out of bed ran across the room and was gazing out the window apparently! oO
    Edited by: "livingthelife07" 6th Mar 2011

I seem to get stuck in my nightmares, its like i am awake, but can't move, often it sort of mixes with me being in bed asleep and someone is coming to get me.
    In the dream i can recognise it's a dream, but my body won't respond and I start panicking. Eventually I wake or I'm noisy and someone wakes me

I don't have nightmares or bad dreams but I do sometimes have sleep paralysis when I'm going to sleep, I get a loud ringing in my ears and waves of dizziness then I open my eyes and I can't move but I can hear and see things that aren't actually there.... Has happened about 10 times in the past 6 months, probably only lasts a few seconds but it feels like it goes on for ages!!

Never sweating and shaking uncontrollable like in movies, but have woke up from bad dreams and struggled to catch my breath, flailed about a bit, been slightly unsure about where I was.

I hate it when you get a shiver down your spine and then freeze for a sec, normally when someone is chasing you in the dream.

kelly1987

I don't have nightmares or bad dreams but I do sometimes have sleep … I don't have nightmares or bad dreams but I do sometimes have sleep paralysis when I'm going to sleep, I get a loud ringing in my ears and waves of dizziness then I open my eyes and I can't move but I can hear and see things that aren't actually there.... Has happened about 10 times in the past 6 months, probably only lasts a few seconds but it feels like it goes on for ages!!

there is a syndrome for this one of my patients had it, I can't remember what its called though/

Yep, can remember the date as well. Woke up sweating, shaking after one, turned around and thought damn, i really did get married the day before. (_;)

kelly1987

I don't have nightmares or bad dreams but I do sometimes have sleep … I don't have nightmares or bad dreams but I do sometimes have sleep paralysis when I'm going to sleep, I get a loud ringing in my ears and waves of dizziness then I open my eyes and I can't move but I can hear and see things that aren't actually there.... Has happened about 10 times in the past 6 months, probably only lasts a few seconds but it feels like it goes on for ages!!

to get rid of it you need to have some light in room and open door or a open window where the air vents......and don't sleep up side down or on your back.try to sleep on the right side(which is best)and when tired go to the left side.it will take some time then you will get use to it and hopefully you won't get into that situation again.....and don't open your eyes when you get in this situation(you will freak out), eyes are the only part of your body which you can control that time

i've woke up crying, shouting, and one dream i was talking to somthing in my sleep but it was like i couldn't talk and i woke up making these random noises, the one when i woke up crying there was something chasing me and my family and it killed my mum and brothers i started crying when it killed my dog, ive also had a dream about my now ex bf sleeping with my cousin i woke up really angry and felt the need to wake him up just to tell him how angry i was with him

addjon

to get rid of it you need to have some light in room and open door or a … to get rid of it you need to have some light in room and open door or a open window where the air vents......and don't sleep up side down or on your back.try to sleep on the right side(which is best)and when tired go to the left side.it will take some time then you will get use to it and hopefully you won't get into that situation again.....and don't open your eyes when you get in this situation(you will freak out), eyes are the only part of your body which you can control that time

Thanks for the advice

kelly1987

Thanks for the advice

not a problem n you are welcome,i am telling that from my personal experience

more when i was younger, but still happens occasionally, think it's stress.(_;)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions