anyone here in the services,or thinking of joining

18 replies
Found 17th Jan 2007
im intrested in the royal marines or mine clearance diver,what about use??

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

How old are you?

Original Poster

im 18

Sounds like a noble career, I reckon i'd have made a damn fine mine diver myself. Strange where the future takes you... Royal Marine status will always entice the ladies If it means spending lots of time away from home though you have to weigh up the consequences in the long-term. Only got one shot at this crap.

Original Poster

theres nothin more id love to do than be a marine,true you have think of the long run,i like the sound of the mine clearance diver also,iv done about 20 dives,on courses and that,like holiday ones,nothin serious but i loved it.

also wouldnt mind gettin a trade behind my back,as you have seen by my other post.

what are you working as now mbeeching,how old r u?

I'm a 25 year old graphic designer and part-time 'tragic' dancefloor show off these days Used to be really into competitive swimming though and wonder where I could have taken it sometimes. The forces always used to appeal to me but my parents always drove me away from pursuing it. No regrets so far though lifewise.

Does the police count as 'Services'?

Anyway, I've applied to be a PCSO with the Thames Valley Police and I have an interview on Monday 29th!! Wish me luck! :w00t:

birdyboyuk

Does the police count as 'Services'?Anyway, I've applied to be a PCSO … Does the police count as 'Services'?Anyway, I've applied to be a PCSO with the Thames Valley Police and I have an interview on Monday 29th!! Wish me luck! :w00t:

Lucky you, best of luck, ive always wanted to be a policewoman

Banned

I've always wanted to be a policewoman too.

Joshanna

Lucky you, best of luck, ive always wanted to be a policewoman

You have the mouth for that profession!!!

Why not goto Uni & get a degree 1st, then you can go into the forces straight as an officer......

ChrisUK

Why not goto Uni & get a degree 1st, then you can go into the forces … Why not goto Uni & get a degree 1st, then you can go into the forces straight as an officer......

or marry a member of the royal family!

Banned

Go for the main one!

Original Poster

anyone else out there been in the armed services

JDeal

Go for the main one!

Which one is this JDeal Charles or the old nag? :prop:

My husband is in the royal marines based in taunton, he is away a lot and of to Afganistan... he loves his job-i find it frustrating at times as he is away lots. But its great for the lads as you do get to see many places. if you are gonna join up start getting fit as the 3 day test is quite intense, if you want any more info pm me.

Have applied to join the marines too as a young officer, nightmare of a process though as there were only 60 odd places last year for so many thousand applicants. If your after any info on fitness or the course of application give me a shout as i have it all here.

8 Years Army, enjoyed most of it but it can put a strain on your home life. Left now and prefer my new job better pay and you don't go to the sh*t holes of the world (although the west end of Newcastle does resemble beirut in places). You not got a Royal Marines Reserve near you? That'll give you some insight into the Royal Marines, and unlike the TA the RMR or well thought of by the regs.

Original Poster

Lockstockdude

Have applied to join the marines too as a young officer, nightmare of a … Have applied to join the marines too as a young officer, nightmare of a process though as there were only 60 odd places last year for so many thousand applicants. If your after any info on fitness or the course of application give me a shout as i have it all here.

hi,ye il be intrested in the fitness plans any any other bits of info you got .

thanks

Original Poster

ye i heard the prmc is a killer,really hardcore lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members11
    2. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    3. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    4. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22

See more discussions