Anyone here replaced a DS Lite case before?

7 replies
Found 5th Dec 2008
Struggling to find a decent enough tutorial on this, does anyone know if it can be done without soldering?

Thanks!

7 Comments

search on you tube for it. There will be something there no doubt.

Original Poster

Thanks but found this one - flickr.com/pho…48/

Its tops

i used that one, very good guide.
no need to solder just go slow.
and beware, the power switch can snap REALLY easily.

I've repaired shed loads of DS's & DS Lite's.

If you get stuck gimme a shout ! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

So i'm finished.....But its not working

Everythings working fine apart from the top screen isn't working, its lighting up but not displaying anything. Anyone any ideas?

It was working before the case change

teambintip;3673677

So i'm finished.....But its not working :(Everythings working fine apart … So i'm finished.....But its not working :(Everythings working fine apart from the top screen isn't working, its lighting up but not displaying anything. Anyone any ideas?It was working before the case change

You need to take the bottom of the case off and re-check that the micro-ribbon cables are connected properly.

You also need to check there is no tearing/damage on the ribbon cable where the ribbon cable passes thru the hinge.

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;3673730

You need to take the bottom of the case off and re-check that the … You need to take the bottom of the case off and re-check that the micro-ribbon cables are connected properly.You also need to check there is no tearing/damage on the ribbon cable where the ribbon cable passes thru the hinge.

That did it thanks :-D:-D

Main ribbon had moved slightly, all sorted now.

Apart from that little inconvenience it was a reasonably easy job :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769306
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2239
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland712
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247602

See more discussions