Anyone in Glasgow fix Motorbikes?

4 replies
Found 12th Nov 2008
Hi all,
My bike has been laid up for over a year and I would like to get it MOT'd and back on the road. I am looking to see if there is anyone on here in the Glasgow area that fixes motorbikes? Just needs the brakes freed up, a new battery, fuel drained etc. It might need the carbs looked at, but I got a new carb kit, oil, filters etc. just needs a battery, and the brakes re-assembled as I never got round to finishing off the braided hoses I was fitting. I can delivery if you have the space to fix, or know someone that does. I think it could be sorted in 2 days, so a guide to price would be good, to see if it is worth sorting it, or breaking it for spares. Any info much appreciated, thanks

4 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.cloud9.co.uk/james/images/gpx750r.jpg

*Pic for reference only

Original Poster

I should add that I might be willing to sell this...You are more than welcome to come and take a look. I also have a full luggage set and a spare set of plastics.

I dont do it personally, I have used Harley's in Springburn for any repairs and servicing. They can pick your bike up and do whats needed to it.

Harleys Give them a call and speak to the workshop manager.

What about getting a manual and doing it your self? Brakes are usually pretty straight forward - only fiddly bit is if you have to bleed them....

Check if there is an internet forum for your bike - the members are usually very helpful with tips and advice if you get stuck.

You can also buy maintenance DVDs which show step by step.....
drivenandridden.com/sec…cbf
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769574
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710990
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)72567
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3167

See more discussions