Anyone in here with some good eBay experience?

Just won an item from someone that has just joined. I haven't paid yet as I can't be 100% certain the seller is legit. If I pay via Paypal (as he has asked) if he takes the money and runs and I bring up a dispute - will I get the money back?

17 Comments

yes he has to prove hes sent item or paypal wll take your side and if he doesnt respond to pp they will pay you out

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;5039724

yes he has to prove hes sent item or paypal wll take your side and if he … yes he has to prove hes sent item or paypal wll take your side and if he doesnt respond to pp they will pay you out

I've heard stories like being sent an empty 360 box, are Paypal aware of this?

jamstaruk1972;5039724

yes he has to prove hes sent item or paypal wll take your side and if he … yes he has to prove hes sent item or paypal wll take your side and if he doesnt respond to pp they will pay you out

Correct - however (this has happened ONCE to me . . .) if the dispute rules in your favour and the linked bank account has insufficient funds, you'll get back whatever they can recover - the bloke who did me for £30 (or so) only had £17 in his bank account, they retrieved that, then he shut the account (did it to approx 20 other buyers too) preventing the remainder from being collected . . .

Original Poster

mbgringo;5039743

Correct - however (this has happened ONCE to me . . .) if the dispute … Correct - however (this has happened ONCE to me . . .) if the dispute rules in your favour and the linked bank account has insufficient funds, you'll get back whatever they can recover - the bloke who did me for £30 (or so) only had £17 in his bank account, they retrieved that, then he shut the account (did it to approx 20 other buyers too) preventing the remainder from being collected . . .

Ahh, I've requested an invoice and also asked if he has any other form of feedback - doubtful I know. But I guess everyone has to start out somewhere.

what was the item...music..clothes ...electical...ask him to e-mail you when he has sent the item..good luck........by the way ive bought over 2000 items on e=bay the past 6years ..only once had a problem..from the u.s.a....but got my money back

I have just had a dispute raised against me. I sold a PS3 controller for £27 stupidly sent it 1st class. buyer reckons he never received it. He opened a dispute as soon as the 7 days hit saying he never received it 4 days later paypal closed dispute in his favour as i did not have a tracking number. Although i had proof of postage.

Anyway point of post is Paypal told me that unless the seller has a tracking number then they always back the buyer. So you will be protected. This is the first time in 4 years selling and buying off Ebay

You should have been asking these questions before you bought the item !

Original Poster

deanos;5040168

You should have been asking these questions before you bought the item !

Erm.....I am

I haven't paid for the item yet.

Meadsy4742;5040395

Erm.....I amI haven't paid for the item yet.

No but you have won the auction !, so you should have asked before you bid !

Gem_whl;5040163

I have just had a dispute raised against me. I sold a PS3 controller for … I have just had a dispute raised against me. I sold a PS3 controller for £27 stupidly sent it 1st class. buyer reckons he never received it. He opened a dispute as soon as the 7 days hit saying he never received it 4 days later paypal closed dispute in his favour as i did not have a tracking number. Although i had proof of postage.Anyway point of post is Paypal told me that unless the seller has a tracking number then they always back the buyer. So you will be protected. This is the first time in 4 years selling and buying off Ebay

Please tell me you made a claim though royal mail.

Meadsy4742;5040395

Erm.....I amI haven't paid for the item yet.

Once you win the auction you have bought the item and are legally bound to pay for it, its in the t&c's :thumbsup:

Jetpac;5040411

Please tell me you made a claim though royal mail.

Yeah i will, forms filled out ready to be sent. It has only been 10 days since end of auction! Royal Mail advised to wait 15 working days before item is deemed lost yet PayPal won't listen! fingers crossed it wont turn up in the meantime.

Original Poster

Wooo....s'all pretty good.

Got the game today and I have to say, I expected it to be in a right state, but, its perfect.

thats good...glad it worked out ok 4 u

Original Poster

yummymummy2202;5060567

thats good...glad it worked out ok 4 u

Cheers

A happy E-Bay user on HotUKDeals, wow, whatever next!

I've been buying and selling on E-Bay for 8 years without any trouble. Just follow sensible guidelines, always send via a recordable method (buyer pays anyway) and if something is too good to be true, it usually is!

pugw$sh;5060671

A happy E-Bay user on HotUKDeals, wow, whatever next!I've been buying and … A happy E-Bay user on HotUKDeals, wow, whatever next!I've been buying and selling on E-Bay for 8 years without any trouble. Just follow sensible guidelines, always send via a recordable method (buyer pays anyway) and if something is too good to be true, it usually is!

Same but I have now moved to here as its less intrusive, more friendly easy to list, free (free to relist, no fees, no paypal fees in theory. So would rather loose a pound and let the so called Karma of the forums get you so money back. But I go to ebay or elsewhere if I can't sell/find items.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. connect tablet11
    2. Laptop 1060 gtx ?11
    3. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?11
    4. Gear best shipping?44

See more discussions