ANYONE IN THE WEST YORKSHIRE AREA I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

71 replies
Found 26th Apr 2009
My friends dog was stolen last week from the huddersfield area. He chased a stray dog down towards Fartown/ Birkby but we haven't seen him since.2 seperate friends of ours who didnt realise he had been stolen have spotted him in Fartown and at Greenhead Park both occasions with a mid 20s slim asian male. His tag was found on the road at Wasp Nest Road, Fartown.We have been out many times looking for this guy but have yet to spot him . The dogs name is Chiqo he's 7 years and he is much loved and much missed. He is chipped but whoever has him obviously isnt handing him in. The police refuse to get involved...(so glad i pay taxes) Please please can anyone help us if you spot him let us know

64 Comments

Very best of luck finding him. At least he has been seen with this Asian guy so hopefully that will mean he is being looked after .

darren have you seen the links... What have these Pic's got to do with the story:?

Good god, i can only imagine what you pal is going through. All the very best of luck, i wish you all the luck in the world.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/princessbullit/84.jpg ?????????????????

Lulu'sMammy;5040379

Thats what i did LM lol

Original Poster

thanks ...sorry about links ...photobucket having a laugh at my expense

will try to get photos as fast as i can

Original Poster

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/princessbullit/chico3.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/princessbullit/chico2.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/princessbullit/chico1.jpg

Original Poster

there we go

frollickingfrill;5040361

darren have you seen the links... What have these Pic's got to do with … darren have you seen the links... What have these Pic's got to do with the story:?

To be honest i never looked because i am nowhere near. I just love dogs & hope this one is returned home asap.

Lulu'sMammy;5040379

?????????????????

I thuoght I'd fallen for a joke (again!).:?

Good luck with finding the dog. I would be devastated if someone stole my dog.

Oh bless.. there are some scum bags out there.. best of Luck finding him:thumbsup:

Original Poster

No its real and we are trying everything to find him ...posters ..searching etc etc

Jonny4toes;5040412

there we go

He's a beauty - best of luck again & i know that's not much help but if i was in west yorks i would get out & help search for him

Original Poster

thanks all ...i hope someone spots him ..my friend is in pieces hes had him since a pup

Jonny4toes;5040462

thanks all ...i hope someone spots him ..my friend is in pieces hes had … thanks all ...i hope someone spots him ..my friend is in pieces hes had him since a pup

Please post on here if - sorry when you get him back as it will make us all happy :thumbsup:

Original Poster

darren9030;5040509

Please post on here if - sorry when you get him back as it will make us … Please post on here if - sorry when you get him back as it will make us all happy :thumbsup:

of course ....hopefully with you guys helping that will be possible

Original Poster

He could be anywhere ...im asking all in a large area to keep an eye out

oh he looks staffie ...so hoping who has him is a staffie lover ............and not a d***head into fighting......good luck and let us know how you go.. disgusted with the police!!!he is gorgeous btw ....is there a local gumtree you can post on??say there is a large reward for him...they dont need to pay it but it might get some info.

I live local to that area and am out all the time with my own dog, will let you know if I spot them and follow to the house if needed, then I can pm you the address.

Original Poster

Ginner;5040884

I live local to that area and am out all the time with my own dog, will … I live local to that area and am out all the time with my own dog, will let you know if I spot them and follow to the house if needed, then I can pm you the address.

Thanks all ..have put an ad in gumtree and Ginner that would be great if you could do that ....to the supposed 'badass.' look dogs go far thats a fact my friend has been out every day for over a week now with no luck he's upset and im trying my best to help. Ive known him 6 years and i know how much he loves his dog ...if your not a dog owner you wouldn't understand.This is important maybe not to you ..but to lots of others ...whatever happend to goodwill and helping others ..i explained all i could in the main post i really need people out there to help me now. On this end, trust me we are doing all we can.Thanks to all the other posts ...

aye, west Yorks' is a big county. maybe 'kirklees area' would have been more appropriate.

Beautiful dog.

I hope your friend manages to find him and he is safe and well x x

Original Poster

myaser88;5041574

aye, west Yorks' is a big county. maybe 'kirklees area' would have been … aye, west Yorks' is a big county. maybe 'kirklees area' would have been more appropriate.

You say that but i have another friend who lost his dog in Catterick garrison in North yorkshire and the dog turned up in sheffield. You just never know ...better safe than sorry ....im trying all things either way.

Any news yet Jonny ?

Have you tried Marina Kennels?, any strays in Kirklees get sent there.

Also try walking around the suspect areas, to see if you can spot the dog.

Fartown, Springwood, Lockwood, Deighton, Milnsbridge I would suspect, also try Greenhead park.

I have a few contacts in the area who are Staff/Pit owners, will ask them to keep an eye open.

best bet is to make some posters and put them up around the area the dog was seen with the guy,may get someone calling you up with information

Original Poster

Thanks for all your suggestions ...i have called all the wardens and kennels in the area ..posters are up and nope no word yet ....like i said hopefully getting more people in the area to keep their eyes open will help ....we're doing all we can on this end out every day and checking all the parks between us. his owner Gee has some time of work at the moment so hes out everyday ....as an addition there is a reward, it was put up by the insurance company.

Not a bad idea to bump this for you in case anybody who has spotted the dog hasn't seen this thread .

Original Poster

huh .....i have no idea what you just said

Jonny4toes;5065869

huh .....i have no idea what you just said

He posted in this thread just to bump it back to the first page for more view - like I just did :thumbsup:

Good luck - I hope he is found soon

fireheaven;5066314

He posted in this thread just to bump it back to the first page for more … He posted in this thread just to bump it back to the first page for more view - like I just did :thumbsup:Good luck - I hope he is found soon

Yes me too, thanks for that answer fireheaven

Original Poster

cheers guys ...still no luck at the moment

Am keeping my eyes open for him and have given his picture to a few other regular dog walkers in the Hd2 area.

Original Poster

Ginner;5088360

Am keeping my eyes open for him and have given his picture to a few other … Am keeping my eyes open for him and have given his picture to a few other regular dog walkers in the Hd2 area.

Thanks for that ...everyday it gets harder for him to be without him ....i cant imagine losing my dog

Good luck again - hopefully he might be spotted this weekend with the weather being so good

Fingers crossed

Have you tried this site?

doglost.co.uk/pag…=84

They list dogs lost and found from all over and may be able to help or indeed this one

nationalpetregister.org/

This lot work with the police and animal shelters and I reckon it would be worth registering the dog as lost on here
petsbureau.co.uk/5.html

This one also lists found pets - they want you to pay to list your pet but no hard in looking at the found pets section as it's free
lostyourpet.net/Reg…d=1

Again another one that lists pets lost and found.

amissingpet.co.uk/los…tml

Might not be any good but anything is worth a try. Hope he's found soon, I couldn't imagine losing my dog!

just another bump. any news?

Original Poster

no nothing ...still going out everyday ..the people that were seeing him about haven't seen him since so im just hoping he hasn't been moved out the area ...he isn't newted by the way if that helps people spot him

Just another fingers crossed from me & a further bump up to the top - come on people FIND THIS DOG !

Original Poster

darren9030;5111256

Just another fingers crossed from me & a further bump up to the top - … Just another fingers crossed from me & a further bump up to the top - come on people FIND THIS DOG !

Thank you ...you guys have put my faith back in humanity ...he checks the page every day and his owner wants to say he's really grateful to you all ...its a sad time for him and you all helping really gives him hope
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition71781
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions