Anyone know a bit about private car license plates ?

My cars reg is for example is sw53 ttf

the year is correct but can i buy a number plate that starts of *77 *** from the DVLA website and not the auction?

i remember starting a thread like this before but im needing new advice lol

27 Comments

Yes. you can make your car look older, but you cannot make it look newer, e.g. you couldnt put a 54 plate on your car

yes you can put a plate on that is older but not newer.

I bought minefrom the dvla and registered the car at a local dvla office.

Original Poster

So if my car is a 53 plate then you can really get away with any of the old style number plates ?as mine is obviously the new style

Yes you can, I have K5 &&& on my RK06 &&& car

http://www.thehumorarchives.com/attachment/226/omgwtf.jpg

Banned

my reg is d4 nby

how do you like that

Original Poster

If anyone has really good ideas in what my name could be transfered into could you pm me and ill tell you my full name lol

some healthy rep in it for yeh !! :thumbsup:

Ive seen one on the motorway as R888 GUD , i thought it was rate good

saxo_appeal;1995495

If anyone has really good ideas in what my name could be transfered into … If anyone has really good ideas in what my name could be transfered into could you pm me and ill tell you my full name lolsome healthy rep in it for yeh !! :thumbsup:

what about

1M GOD

The older reg plates are much cheaper as well. (or at least they were 5 yrs ago when I bought my hubby one) Got a great one for him for just £200. _70HN_ (Left out the letters either end for security.)

You just have a job finding anyone willing to make a mis-spaced number plate up though.

I'm selling my old banger at the min with a BNZ plate on it which could actually fetch more than the car is worth - yeahhhhhhhhh

Original Poster

lol i think iv found one

hmmmm £250 bux

Banned

what it it

that cheap

Original Poster

i wont say just yet until iv bought it lol

i might lose it if you know what i mean and ill just kick myself

boza;1995521

Ive seen one on the motorway as R888 GUD , i thought it was rate good

:thumbsup:

Best ones I've seen are "MIII NEE" or something similar on a old wee mini cooper and "NES5IE" fitted on some coach from the highlands.

Original Poster

nessie thats a good one

Original Poster

Do you think L44 would look like LEE

no, LAA.... get L05er...

you should get a PO53R_ _

danby jason;1995386

my reg is d4 nbyhow do you like that

Lucky Git, my name's common as Muck. The closest I could afford was C12AG T which looks kinda stupid. CRA1G was going for £60,000 about 5 years ago, and it seams to have sold.

my dad has 9 XYC, although it doesn't mean anything it is short, and I desperately tried to buy a write off years ago with the reg 99HOT, but got out bid, I think one of the comediennes has COM1C and Paul Daniels has MAG1C

Original Poster

Bet that MAG1C is worth loads

saxo_appeal;2000011

Bet that MAG1C is worth loads

I'm sure Paul Daniels had that on a Rolls at one time. - plate was probably worth more than the car

Agent_Silver;1999723

my dad has 9 XYC, although it doesn't mean anything it is short, and I … my dad has 9 XYC, although it doesn't mean anything it is short, and I desperately tried to buy a write off years ago with the reg 99HOT, but got out bid, I think one of the comediennes has COM1C and Paul Daniels has MAG1C

J9STL;2000840

I'm sure Paul Daniels had that on a Rolls at one time. - plate was … I'm sure Paul Daniels had that on a Rolls at one time. - plate was probably worth more than the car

see quote above:-D

boza;1995539

what about 1M GOD

That's not possible.

As for Paul Daniels, I believe his was the first that the DVLA issued?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions